Archimonde down by Nihilum
Quote:Tyrande Whisperwind yells:

No words could do justice to those who would so unselfishly lay down their lives for the good of all. Suffice to say that I am honored to have fought beside each and every one of you. Now go forth and celebrate. Victory is ours!
Archimonde down by Nihilum:
http://www.nihilum.eu/news/68/

What's next, Zul'Aman?;)
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
Quote:What's next, Zul'Aman?;)
If they do it before it's actually released, that would be extremely impressive:P
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
Quote:Archimonde down by Nihilum:
http://www.nihilum.eu/news/68/

What's next, Zul'Aman?;)

That makes me ponder the meta-game--how will Nihilum maintain guild focus now that they've come as close to "winning" WoW as possible? I'm sure they have a way, I'm just wondering what it is, especially with no additional raid content announced yet (other than the implied content in Zul'Aman).

A question from someone not playing the game any more. It seems there is a steady stream of new instances with new bosses and (supposedly) toughr opponents. But is each new intance an its bosses really tougher in reality or just on paper? That is, for each new instance, it seems that one just equip the items from the previous one (or grind for items outside) to make it possible to survive. So does it really require better skill and better play in each new instance or is it just a matter of finding the correct strat after finding the correct items?
There are three types of people in the world. Those who can count and those who can't.
Quote:A question from someone not playing the game any more. It seems there is a steady stream of new instances with new bosses and (supposedly) toughr opponents. But is each new intance an its bosses really tougher in reality or just on paper? That is, for each new instance, it seems that one just equip the items from the previous one (or grind for items outside) to make it possible to survive. So does it really require better skill and better play in each new instance or is it just a matter of finding the correct strat after finding the correct items?
Mostly it's the latter, with some tough encounters thrown in.
Earthen Ring-EU:
Taelas -- 60 Human Protection Warrior; Shaleen -- 52 Human Retribution Paladin; Raethal -- 51 Worgen Guardian Druid; Szar -- 50 Human Fire Mage; Caethan -- 60 Human Blood Death Knight; Danee -- 41 Human Outlaw Rogue; Ainsleigh -- 52 Dark Iron Dwarf Fury Warrior; Mihena -- 44 Void Elf Affliction Warlock; Chiyan -- 41 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk; Threkk -- 40 Orc Fury Warrior; Alliera -- 41 Night Elf Havoc Demon Hunter;
Darkmoon Faire-EU:
Sieon -- 45 Blood Elf Retribution Paladin; Kuaryo -- 51 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk
I think there is a little of both.

Naturally each instance requires some of the gear from prior ones, to enforce a heirarchy, and to prevent people from just stomping all over the content.

But I have seen a lot of interesting fights and encounters that require coordination, skill, and teamwork as your guild progresses. Even in the 5-mans there are interesting fights, where people have to be on the ball instead of presasing 2 buttons all day. And in the early raid game there is definately an increasing learning curve, where your team comes together, figures things out, and is gradually able to overcome the obstacles.

I can't speak for the late raid game, if right now it needs tuning or if it presents a good learning curve, but it's clear that it is Blizzard's goal to present a series of interesting and challenging encounters for everyone.