2 days in Paris
Heiho,

I've decided to follow a german recension and went to see that movie. Maybe a bit late to advertise it, since german translated releases are obviously later than originals, but I'd recommend strongly to give it a view if you can, it was great entertainment to me.

spoiler alert: It's not recommended to view it if your favors are more along Roberts-Gere-ain't-we-all-really-nice-people lines.
so long ...
librarian

Check out some peanuts or the
Diablo II FAQtoids
current status: re-thinking about HoB
Reply 1:
This is the sequel?
Reply 2:
Brave producer for calling the movie like this.

Quote:2 Days in Paris

Durn... I thought this thread was about sadistic guards at a women's prison...

-V
Security Manager
The Forsaken Inn
Heiho,

ok, i give up ...
I wondered about eppie's answer, and now I'm still lost ... tried googling the string again with a variety of added keywords, but still I get movie reviewing sites.
I'm aware of some villages at Atlantic's other side (from my point of view) which are named after European capital cities, but I don't get a connection to sadism or to jails ?-/
so long ...
librarian

Diablo II FAQtoids
Quote:Heiho,

ok, i give up ...
I wondered about eppie's answer, and now I'm still lost ... tried googling the string again with a variety of added keywords, but still I get movie reviewing sites.
I'm aware of some villages at Atlantic's other side (from my point of view) which are named after European capital cities, but I don't get a connection to sadism or to jails ?-/
I believe Paris Hilton's "accidentally" released sex tape was titled A Night in Paris. Perhaps that's where the replies are coming from.

If you don't know much about Paris Hilton (or anything at all), quietly go about your life with the knowledge you're happier for it.
"Just as individuals are born, mature, breed and die, so do societies, civilizations and governments."
Muad'Dib - Children of Dune
Heiho,

oops ...

all I know about Paris Hilton is that she surely doesn't have enough money to pay me into service ;-)

<edit>
a bit of searching later ...
... doesn't have any features to pay me into service.
</edit>
so long ...
librarian

Diablo II FAQtoids
Quote:If you don't know much about Paris Hilton (or anything at all), quietly go about your life with the knowledge you're happier for it.

<----has tried studiously to preserve ignorance of Paris Hilton and has failed miserably :rolleyes:

And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

Quote:<----has tried studiously to preserve ignorance of Paris Hilton and has failed miserably :rolleyes:

You are talking about the ignorance of Paris Hilton? Or the fact that you tried to ignore her?

If it is the last.....forget it.....that is impossible........they are even talking about her here on the lurkerlounge.....
Quote:<----has tried studiously to preserve ignorance of Paris Hilton and has failed miserably :rolleyes:
The only visual representation of Paris Hilton I have willingly invested my time into observing was the South Park episode. You know, the one where she ended being—*ahem*—absorbed by Mr Slave.

I have succeeded in avoiding all other instances by the simple grace of having no TV programming or other sordid intercourse with mass (crass) media...

...I'm bored. So very bored. :unsure:
Political Correctness is the idea that you can foster tolerance in a diverse world through the intolerance of anything that strays from a clinical standard.
Quote:I have succeeded in avoiding all other instances by the simple grace of having no TV programming or other sordid intercourse with mass (crass) media...

...I'm bored. So very bored. :unsure:

So what do you do when standing in line-ups at the grocery store? :unsure:

Those tabloid headlines jump out at me and make me look. :blush: I don't touch them, but there is a bit of a dearth of other things to do when in such a position. :lol:
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

Quote:So what do you do when standing in line-ups at the grocery store? :unsure:

Those tabloid headlines jump out at me and make me look. :blush: I don't touch them, but there is a bit of a dearth of other things to do when in such a position. :lol:

Tabloids? Good thing you live in the great country to our North. Here the Paris Hilton story received nearly 24 hour coverage on the news channels. And I don't mean Fox. C-Span, CNN, MSNBC, et. al. had coverage on the event, nearly all day.

If you had any interest at all in getting real news, forget about turning on the TV. The only two things I saw on other than Paris Hilton Coverage was a book talk on C-Span2 (do they do anything else on there?) and mad man Cramer on Mad Money.

I remember reading an article in the paper last year about how the AP has decided to stop airing as many stories about Hilton. Too bad that doesn't cover every other media outlet.

Cheers,

Munk
Quote:So what do you do when standing in line-ups at the grocery store? :unsure:

Maybe you're supposed to be spending more time yelling at your kids instead of reading, sheesh. :P

I agree that there's no way to get away from it down here. They even covered the story on NPR.
Why can't we all just get along

--Pete

>Maybe you're supposed to be spending more time yelling at your kids instead of reading, sheesh. :P

I wished the Hiltons would've done that when their 2 spawnlets was still at their formative years.

As much as I despise all the Paris Hiltons of the world for what they stand for, I place most of the blame on the parents. With that much dollars, they still can't afford some common sense.

>I agree that there's no way to get away from it down here. They even covered the story on NPR.

I actually have the opposite situation. Well technically my cable is on the fritz due to either construction\accident\unlucky gopher, but still. It seems now that the story has taken a more interesting turn and relevance to me, it seems there's less coverage. Or if it is covered, it does not ask the interesting questions that I want to see being asked.

This link is the closest I've found so far.

http://www.iht.com/articles/2007/06/09/a...hilton.php

ps. Actually, I place the blame squarely on Vandiablo for not only writing what's on my mind, but beating me to the punch by posting it first. It would've made a great title for the sequel to '1 Night in Paris'.
Judge: Last night you said a great many things. You said you was to do the drinking for both of us. Well, I've done a lot of it since then, and it all adds up to one thing: you're going in that jail where you belong.
Paris: But, Judge, no, I... I...
Judge: Now, you've got to listen to me! You have any idea what the press would have to look forward to if you stayed out of jail? Nine chances out of ten, we'd both wind up drunk in a night club and driving a car. Isn't that true, Nickie?
Nickie Hilton: I'm afraid Lindsey Lohan would insist.
Paris: You're saying this only to make me go.
Judge: I'm saying it because it's true. Inside of you, we both know you belong in jail. You're part of his sick twisted culture, the thing that keeps the paparrazzi going. If that squad car leaves the court house and you're not in it, you'll regret it. Maybe not today. Maybe not tomorrow, but soon and for the rest of your life.
Paris: But what about us?
Judge: We'll always have the trial. We didn't have, we, we lost it until you came to Los Angeles. We got it back today.
Paris: When I said I would never get sober --
Judge: And you never will. But I've got a job to do, too. Where I'm going, you can't follow. What I've got to do, you can't be any part of. Paris, I'm no good at being noble, but it doesn't take much to see that the problems of the little people don't amount to a hill of beans in this crazy paparrazzi world. Someday you'll understand that. [she begins to cry, and throw a hissy fit and calls new lawyers on her diamond encrusted cell phone] Now, now...Here's looking at you kid.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Quote:Judge: Last night you said a great many things. You said you was to do the drinking for both of us. Well, I've done a lot of it since then, and it all adds up to one thing: you're going in that jail where you belong.
Paris: But, Judge, no, I... I...
Judge: Now, you've got to listen to me! You have any idea what the press would have to look forward to if you stayed out of jail? Nine chances out of ten, we'd both wind up drunk in a night club and driving a car. Isn't that true, Nickie?
Nickie Hilton: I'm afraid Lindsey Lohan would insist.
Paris: You're saying this only to make me go.
Judge: I'm saying it because it's true. Inside of you, we both know you belong in jail. You're part of his sick twisted culture, the thing that keeps the paparrazzi going. If that squad car leaves the court house and you're not in it, you'll regret it. Maybe not today. Maybe not tomorrow, but soon and for the rest of your life.
Paris: But what about us?
Judge: We'll always have the trial. We didn't have, we, we lost it until you came to Los Angeles. We got it back today.
Paris: When I said I would never get sober --
Judge: And you never will. But I've got a job to do, too. Where I'm going, you can't follow. What I've got to do, you can't be any part of. Paris, I'm no good at being noble, but it doesn't take much to see that the problems of the little people don't amount to a hill of beans in this crazy paparrazzi world. Someday you'll understand that. [she begins to cry, and throw a hissy fit and calls new lawyers on her diamond encrusted cell phone] Now, now...Here's looking at you kid.

Hehe, nice. You even worked in a Lohan reference.

But I don't want to sidetrack the original thread too much with the blonde heir-head story. Julie Delpy, now that's a woman! I'm pretty much a stereotypical guy when it comes to recent romantic\romantic comedy movies. I'm the guy who thinks 'Die Hard' has more believable romances than some of these 'chick flicks' or anything with Hugh Grant or Renee Zelwegger.

When I saw 'Before Sunrise' however, I was riveted. Here's a movie where there's romance, but it's something I can connect with. It's charming and disarming, and connects with me on a human level. And Julie Delpy, come on! She practically melted my icy heart with her performance.

Heiho,

>>
But I don't want to sidetrack the original thread too much ...
<<
well, if we try hard enough it may come back the other side soon ;-)

We could as well discuss about the difference of hollywoodish fairy-tales, where all's shiny glittering and pompous, and movies not within that special tradition. With in fact, a quite older tradition, but tradition is tradition anyway.

Oh, and there's another movie just started here, which seems to be best example of one but not the other of those traditions. But maybe I just think so because I like Marianne Faithfull a lot.
so long ...
librarian

Diablo II FAQtoids
Okay, here is what I was expecting, it just took a while.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k66epna2Sss&feature=dir

It is indeed about what I'd expect.

-V
Videojockey
The Forsaken Inn

Quote:Okay, here is what I was expecting, it just took a while.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k66epna2Sss&feature=dir

It is indeed about what I'd expect.

-V
Videojockey
The Forsaken Inn

:blink:

I really don't know what to say
Quote::blink:

I really don't know what to say

mm.. how about..

Blame It on Paris

(too bad she's not in Nevada.. then it'd be Blame It on Reno)

(no, not JANET Reno)

I have to do this: The spoof video says she misses her chihuahua. That reminds me of the only chihuahua love song I know and it goes like this:

When I see you
You make me holler
You make me steamy
Under the collar
You know you're my
Sweet hot chihuahua
I got to have you or
I'm going to blow up
Blow up, chihuahua
Blow up, chihuahua

Blame It on Devo.

And as a matter of fact, I do feel remorse about slathering a potentially nice thread with crass American cultural junk. Sorry. I'd assure you it won't happen again, but I don't want to make things worse with promises that I probably am incapable of keeping.

-V
Head of Mongoloid Outreach Programs
The Forsaken Inn
"We must repeat"