Hai Bolty! - I'm Donald.
http://www.darklegacycomics.com/87.html

You're doomed. >.>
I should make my own comic in Microsoft Paint!

Cleoboltra: "DUUUUUUUUEEEEEEEEEEELLLL!"
Shalandrax: "Uh, ok."
***FIGHT!***
*Cleoboltra runs to the other side of Shalandrax
Shalandrax: "I'm nearly upon you, you rogue!"
*shuffle* *shuffle*
Shalandrax: "What ho! What foul treachery is this?"
*Shalandrax dies from SW:P

Ah, keyboard turners. :)

In all seriousness, there's a vast divide between people who have played FPS games before coming to WoW and those who haven't. I wish there was some way to "train" people without an FPS background to move faster/better in WoW, but I haven't found one. You either have it or you don't, it seems.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Quote:I should make my own comic in Microsoft Paint!

Cleoboltra: "DUUUUUUUUEEEEEEEEEEELLLL!"
Shalandrax: "Uh, ok."
***FIGHT!***
Shalandrax: "I'm nearly upon you, you rogue!"
*shuffle* *shuffle*
Shalandrax: "What ho! What foul treachery is this?"
*Shalandrax dies from SW:P

Ah, keyboard turners. :)

In all seriousness, there's a vast divide between people who have played FPS games before coming to WoW and those who haven't. I wish there was some way to "train" people without an FPS background to move faster/better in WoW, but I haven't found one. You either have it or you don't, it seems.

-Bolty
Hehe.:)

On a related note, I actually did "train" a keyboard turner briefly. (Haven't seen him in ages, so I don't know how it's going.) Sent him a list of my keybindings and told him to practice jumping and spinning until he could do a 360 every time. Like I said, not sure how well it worked, but he was jumping and spinning all the time.:)
I hate flags

"Then Honor System came out and I had b*$@& tattoo'd on my forehead and a "kick me" sign taped to my back." - Tiku

Stormscale: Treglies, UD Mage; Treggles, 49 Orc Shaman; Tregor, semi-un-retired Druid.

Terenas (all retired): 60 Druid; 60 Shaman. (Not very creative with my character selection, am I?!Wink
Quote:jumping and spinning all the time.:)

Erm, I thought everybody did that all the time? Kind of like pulling off 360s with your mount never gets old, and if you happen to come upon even the slightest depression in the ground, you mightily jump over it. Possibly turn around, do it again.

Then again, maybe I'm weird :blink:

take care
Tarabulus
"I'm a cynical optimistic realist. I have hopes. I suspect they are all in vain. I find a lot of humor in that." -Pete

I'll remember you.
Ugh! Very embarrassing in BRD when I had to take that jump several times before finally making it.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtmlWbJ-1vgb3aJmW4DJ7...NntmKgW8Cp]
Quote:Erm, I thought everybody did that all the time? Kind of like pulling off 360s with your mount never gets old, and if you happen to come upon even the slightest depression in the ground, you mightily jump over it. Possibly turn around, do it again.

Then again, maybe I'm weird :blink:

take care
Tarabulus
Well, as a hunter I do it all the damn time.

Especially now, since I've just tamed a level 43 King Bangalash at level 65, and he simply can't hold aggro at all. Even left to his own devices, he'll be doing ablot 5-6(glancing) damage, and taking about 25% damage out of every hit. And, incidentally, all mobs resist both Intimidation effects.

Solution: Kite everything. Everything. It's good practice, though grinding my way through the Nesinwary Safari missions is pretty time-consuming. And I just can't find a stable master in Garadar. There's a stable but there's no stable master...

But yeah, jump-shotting is an absolute necessity for hunters. For kiting, mainly, but it's also more effective at putting distance between oneself and a mob rather than stupidly backpedalling.
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
Meh Fox, you do it because it's necessary/useful. I dare you to do it with no reason at all, just because you can!

take care
Tarabulus
"I'm a cynical optimistic realist. I have hopes. I suspect they are all in vain. I find a lot of humor in that." -Pete

I'll remember you.
Heh, I just respecced to a full MM spec, since my pet's gonna be essentially useless for the next few levels. Actually, I think it's gonna be good practice now I can't rely on using my pet to keep enemies at arm's length.

And how to I celebrate my new spec? By getting repeatedly ganked by Alliance cowards while practically single-handedly taking out Halaa's defenses. Being corpse-camped isn't fun. Blowing stuff up is.
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
Marksman specced hunter is probably the fastest way to teach someone to use their mouse. Survival is too good at melee and beastmaster to unlikely to pull aggro (generally speaking, of course: due to myriad factors, your play experience may vary).

I did survival, and thought I could kite, but because melee wasn't anathema to me, I didn't learn to completely avoid it. Marksman taught me to actually kite. :D
Tacking this on here because I can't find your post with the pic of Cleoboltra in the Yellow Dress.

More Dark Legacy goodness™
Quote:Tacking this on here because I can't find your post with the pic of Cleoboltra in the Yellow Dress.
I think you mean the pink dress.

[Image: wow98.jpg]

Still, anyone who calls dwarves ugly is foolish. And might not get heals. :)

And a new shot...in preparation for a Gruul run, the Main Tank rests before a fire with her healer...over half a year ago.

[Image: wow126.jpg]

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Quote:And a new shot...in preparation for a Gruul run, the Main Tank rests before a fire with her healer...over half a year ago.

[Image: wow126.jpg]

-Bolty

Awww c'mon I know you have pictures of Darth Cleo™ and Darth Shal™ in your directory. Cough them up big boy! :w00t:
Quote:Tacking this on here because I can't find your post with the pic of Cleoboltra in the Yellow Dress.

More Dark Legacy goodness™
I bet she could crack a walnut between those thighs by sighing. :D

~Frag
Hardcore Diablo 1/2/3/4 & Retail/Classic WoW adventurer.
Quote:I think you mean the pink dress.

[Image: wow98.jpg]

My eyes! My eyes! THEY BLEED!
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
[Image: 1_net02.gif]
Earthen Ring-EU:
Taelas -- 60 Human Protection Warrior; Shaleen -- 52 Human Retribution Paladin; Raethal -- 51 Worgen Guardian Druid; Szar -- 50 Human Fire Mage; Caethan -- 60 Human Blood Death Knight; Danee -- 41 Human Outlaw Rogue; Ainsleigh -- 52 Dark Iron Dwarf Fury Warrior; Mihena -- 44 Void Elf Affliction Warlock; Chiyan -- 41 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk; Threkk -- 40 Orc Fury Warrior; Alliera -- 41 Night Elf Havoc Demon Hunter;
Darkmoon Faire-EU:
Sieon -- 45 Blood Elf Retribution Paladin; Kuaryo -- 51 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk
ROFLMAO!!!

Some of those were so damn funny, when the servers are down you should look at them all, good stuff.

LOL

Mist
Turns out...Donald has been a priest the whole time.
(09-21-2012, 02:36 PM)Tal Wrote: Turns out...Donald has been a priest the whole time.

And Tal makes a great Necromancer!
(09-21-2012, 06:36 PM)Bolty Wrote:
(09-21-2012, 02:36 PM)Tal Wrote: Turns out...Donald has been a priest the whole time.

And Tal makes a great Necromancer!

At least it was still on topic!
Blizzard just ninja buffed healing Priests in a hotfix today. Now I walk around thinking like this: Warning: NSFW, language

[video=youtube]www.youtube.com/watch?v=iArjYLU66cw[/video]