Nightbane
Quote:8) Having a unitframes mod that allows you to quickly and easily see who Aran is targetting and what Aran is casting at any moment really helps in the healing department. You want those heals landing as the spell is landing, not 3-4 seconds afterward, else you get behind in the healing and it's hard to catch up.
-Bolty
I use FocusFrame for this, it gives you a draggable focus box that looks just like the standard UI target box, complete with target of focus, cast bar, debuffs, lucky charm, etc. Set a keybind for "focus target" and focus aran before the fight to keep an eye on him while keeping your target slot free for healing.

Also handy for crowd control like Lissa above mentioned; I prefer to adjust my focus manually (w/ focus target & target focus keys) so i just have a

/cast [target=focus,harm,nodead,exists] Shackle Undead
/cast Shackle Undead

macro to shackle my focus, or shackle my target if my focus is invalid.

-- frink
Brought a Paladin tonight for the first time ever in our Kara group. Bam, down, dead Nightbane.

Lame. To say a Paladin simplifies the encounter is a big understatement.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
We're working on Shade of Aran at the moment. On our better attempts we get to the elementals mostly intact, but things go pear-shaped quickly after that.

Re: Blizzard

On our early attempts we had people dying because they weren't certain where the Blizzard would start. (The tell is a single ice shard that falls in the damage zone before the blizzard starts). What seemed to work for us was telling the ranged DPS to move into the middle of the room (right next to Aran) until they could determine where the Blizzard was.

Re: The Elementals

I've heard that in addition to being banishable and fearable, they can also be stunned, so a rogue stunlocking one might be a viable strategy. Didn't know about Cuse of Tongues, but I will spam it liberally on all unbanished elementals from now on. (Obviously two warlocks in the raid makes this phase much easier but that's a luxury).

Re: Polymorph timing

Our other Karazhan group deliberately triggers the polymorph before the elementals. We haven't tried that yet, but I suspect the decision might come down to how effect the spell interrupters have been at their job.

Chris