Guide: Play Diablo Hellfire with IPX using Hamachi
After many hours of testing, I have determined the proper way to set up computers to play Diablo 1 and its Hellfire expansion over the Hamachi network. I put together a guide that will explain the steps necessary to properly configure the IPX networking parameters on each computer.

For those who are unfamiliar with Hamachi, see the Wikipedia article here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamachi

I will try to leave a game running most of the time, so you can test your configuration. You can join the following Hamachi VPN:
Network: DiabloIPX
Password: diablo

I welcome questions and feedback, as I would like to try and make this great classic game as easily accessible over the internet as possible.

Links to the PDF Guide:
Mirror 1
Mirror 2
Mirror 3
Mirror 4

Update: Hamachi network is case-sensitive
Thank you, but next time one thread will do (as opposed to copying the same plug into three dead threads).

FYI, The Dark mod for Hellfire also has some hamachi networks they have set up, and it would probably be easiet just to join these existing few considering there are few active Diablo players these days. If you really don't know about The Dark, check the forums found under "community" - the Hamachi thread is pinned.
--Lang

Diabolic Psyche - the site with Diablo on the Brain!
Quote:After many hours of testing, I have determined the proper way to set up computers to play Diablo 1 and its Hellfire expansion over the Hamachi network. I put together a guide that will explain the steps necessary to properly configure the IPX networking parameters on each computer.

I will try to leave a game running most of the time, so you can test your configuration. You can join the following Hamachi VPN:

I welcome questions and feedback, as I would like to try and make this great classic game as easily accessible over the internet as possible.

Links to the PDF Guide:
Mirror 1
Mirror 2
Mirror 3
Mirror 4

Its full, can u make a new 1? I wanna play on the server instead of single player.
Quote:After many hours of testing, I have determined the proper way to set up computers to play Diablo 1 and its Hellfire expansion over the Hamachi network. I put together a guide that will explain the steps necessary to properly configure the IPX networking parameters on each computer.

Links to the PDF Guide:
Mirror 1
Mirror 2
Mirror 3
Mirror 4

Hello,

a friend of me and i wanted to play hellfire using hamachi vpn. We do all what you wrote in your guide but it doesn't work. We don't see each other. What could be the problem?

der roadrunner
PLEASE delete this reply :wub:

or go Here !!!

He can do more for Others, Who has done most with Himself.