A quiz
I had some free time at work, so I was looking up reader's reviews of The Godfather on IMDB. Found this gem. Here's the quiz part. Without looking in the dictionary, how many words did you miss?

A cinematic magnum opus, 29 September 2008

Author: Murtaza Ali from India
The Godfather is an extravaganza, nigh flawless, a cinematic magnum opus, ubiquitously acclaimed for its brilliance and for being in a league of its own. The Godfather doesn't depict poetic justice but rather portrays the triumph of perspicacious potency over abject vulnerability. The Godfather is known, not for its cogency but for its eloquence.

The movie being star-studded is decorated with a plethora of supernal performances and it won't be a hyperbole that almost every actor gave an Oscar worthy performance. Marlon Brando is exceptionally brilliant in his sterling portrayal of Vito Corleone and so is Al Pacino in his remarkable portrayal of Michael Corleone. The grandeur of Don Vito Corleone ironically lies in his austerity and inexorable equanimity.

The grandiosity of the movie is such, that even the biggest complement made about it may sound like a picayune remark. The Godfather may most aptly be described as an obituary of humanity, a requiem of mankind, owing to the pervasive violence and the brutality that it portrays in an utmost sanguinary fashion. In a nutshell, the movie has transcended all the limits of mortality only to achieve apotheosis.
Quote:I had some free time at work, so I was looking up reader's reviews of The Godfather on IMDB. Found this gem. Here's the quiz part. Without looking in the dictionary, how many words did you miss?

The Godfather is an extravaganza, nigh flawless, a cinematic magnum opus, ubiquitously acclaimed for its brilliance and for being in a league of its own. The Godfather doesn't depict poetic justice but rather portrays the triumph of perspicacious potency over abject vulnerability. The Godfather is known, not for its cogency but for its eloquence.

The movie being star-studded is decorated with a plethora of supernal performances and it won't be a hyperbole that almost every actor gave an Oscar worthy performance. Marlon Brando is exceptionally brilliant in his sterling portrayal of Vito Corleone and so is Al Pacino in his remarkable portrayal of Michael Corleone. The grandeur of Don Vito Corleone ironically lies in his austerity and inexorable equanimity.

The grandiosity of the movie is such, that even the biggest complement made about it may sound like a picayune remark. The Godfather may most aptly be described as an obituary of humanity, a requiem of mankind, owing to the pervasive violence and the brutality that it portrays in an utmost sanguinary fashion. In a nutshell, the movie has transcended all the limits of mortality only to achieve apotheosis.

Care to explain your question, do you mean understand the meaning of the wordsd or just total words involved (like jumping over words like "of", "so", and similar ilk)?
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
Quote:I had some free time at work, so I was looking up reader's reviews of The Godfather on IMDB. Found this gem. Here's the quiz part. Without looking in the dictionary, how many words did you miss?

I always thought that the purpose of language was to communicate. So, while using the pretentious words might fly in some graduate level thesis, the writer missed the intended purpose and audience by a few parsecs. However, that said, the flow is awkward and stilted at best. I did look up supernal, as I thought it might be a typo of supernatural. Overall, I have decided to give Murtaza an F, for his composition. For the consumption of the average IMDB reader, it might have well have been written in Telugu.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Zero. And he misspelled "compliment".
At first I thought, "Mind control satellites? No way!" But now I can't remember how we lived without them.
------
WoW PC's of significance
Vaimadarsa Pavis Hykim Jakaleel Odayla Odayla
Had to guess at "supernal" - I was approximately but not exactly right.

That is a really terrible review. Whatever else the Godfather may be, it is surely not an "obituary of humanity."

-Jester
The reviewer is a liar. The entire review is laced wih hyperbole. He claims
Quote:The movie being star-studded is decorated with a plethora of supernal performances and it won't be a hyperbole that almost every actor gave an Oscar worthy performance.
Given his inherent dishonesty and failures in self awareness, his use of words beyond his own understanding, not to mention that of the average reader on IMBD, renders any further consideration of his review a waste of time. Heck, I wasted time by giving him more than "what a gas bag" as a response.

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Proof that a thesaurus and a dictionary isn't enough to write something coherent. Oh crap... :oOr perhaps babelfish was at work here?

P.S. I missed "perspicacious" and "supernal" Wtf. supernal's actually a word?
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
Quote:Wtf. supernal's actually a word?
Yes, its a high quality, extra large urinal. Super-nal.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Apotheosis. Though some of the words I only know from the context of reading them here and elsewhere, not ever having been taught the meaning.
Quote:Yes, its a high quality, extra large urinal. Super-nal.

It's about time!;)
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
http://www.familyguyfiles.com/videos/stewi...s-the-godfather
Ziig (Warrior) - Ako (Hunter) - Amo (Paladin) - Ziade (Monk) - Ziag (DK)