Experienced Noob questions
It's been a long time since I played; I have forgotten a lot, and I never played D2 past v1.09. Now I have the latest version, 1.11something.

I have several mule files from 1.09. Can the equipment be used in 1.11?
I never played MP (Played SP for 2-3 years). How do I navigate to the servers named in this thread?
There seem to be guides for v1.10, but few for 1.11. Are the 1.10 guides satisfactory for 1.11?
I see a lot about synergy, but no synergies in the assasin shadow skills tree. Am I missing something? Are Assassin non-trap toons viable in hell?
What is the advantage of dual wielding?

More questions later.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtmlWbJ-1vgb3aJmW4DJ7...NntmKgW8Cp]
Heiho,

Quote:I have several mule files from 1.09. Can the equipment be used in 1.11?
if 'mule files' are characters stuffed with loot, yes; you even can play 1.09 developed charcters in 1.10, but I won't recommend it, since there are lots of changes.
If 'mule files' refers to third party tools, I don't know.

>>How do I navigate to the servers <<
in main menu there's a button right below the 'Battle Net' option, should read 'Gateway:Europe' (or whatever Gateway). Click button and you get the choice.

>>There seem to be guides for v1.10, but few for 1.11. Are the 1.10 guides satisfactory for 1.11?<<
only change in tactical terms is the Uber quest. For regular play 1.10 concepts stay valid.

>>I see a lot about synergy, but no synergies in the assasin shadow skills tree. Am I missing something? Are Assassin non-trap toons viable in hell?
What is the advantage of dual wielding?<<

not all skills got synergies. I myself never got the hang of Assassins, but Kickers and Ninja style Sins seem still to be viable. Trapsin seems to be more cheesy, but well, a Hammadin is more cheesy than a Charger, still a Charger is viable.
Dual-wielding Sin? well, some skills only work with two claws equipped. As said, I'm no expert here.

HTH
so long ...
librarian

Check out some peanuts or the
Diablo II FAQtoids
current status: re-thinking about HoB
Quote:Heiho,
if 'mule files' are characters stuffed with loot, yes; you even can play 1.09 developed charcters in 1.10, but I won't recommend it, since there are lots of changes.
If 'mule files' refers to third party tools, I don't know.

HTH
Thanks for your reply.
Mule files are characters stuffed with loot. So the items are the same in 1.11 as in 1.09?

Is there currently a method available that will permit moving items from one character to another by running 2 games simultaneously on 1 computer?
Heiho,

1.09 items may have worse properties, especially exc char-specific Sets, which got an enormous boost in 1.1x. And there are more runewords and uniques in 1.1x. But the old items still will work.

For running several instances you need valid CD-keys both for D2 and LoD, in each instance.
recommended reading
http://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/index...topic=2264
by Chrystalion

Works similarly under Mac OS X.

You'll also find some threads about this at the Basin's Tech Board
http://www.theamazonbasin.com/d2/forums/in...p?showforum=158

so long ...
librarian

Diablo II FAQtoids
Single-player characters can also enter open b.net and tcp/ip games. If you lack a second set of licenses, I'd be happy to host a game for you and hold items while you make the transfers. PM me if you want to do this.
"Yog-Sothoth is the key to the gate, whereby the spheres meet. Man rules now where They ruled once, but after summer is winter, and after winter summer. They wait patient and potent, for here shall They reign again."
- Abdul Alhazred

Warcraft characters
Stormrage:
- Naphta, 70 Warlock, 350 goblin engineer
- Xinth, 60 Warrior
Terenas
- Nezeramontias, 33 priest
- Boulderan, 13 shaman
Thanks.
I have 2 sets of D2 and LoD because both my son and I used to play. And I have 2 computers so I could go back and forth between them on a LAN game which is what I used to do. Then I learned about a method which involved adding a .dll file (IIRC) which enabled me to run 2 games on the same computer. But although I have all of my old characters saved, I didn't save that .dll file. I'll try the method mentioned in that thread, although for now I am going to to go untwinked SP for now--especially since the 1.09 items have inferior properties.
Thanks again.
Heiho,

I remember as well, but IIRC it only allowed to mule with yourself in SinglePlayer, calling game.exe and the regular d2.exe with different shortcuts. It was a modified d2gfx.dll IIRC. Even if you manage to get it from somewhere it's calling for trouble, since establishing two bnet connections this way would violate EULA, and you'd use a) a hacked game file and b) two connections with one keyset.
MultiUser account OS with legal valid keysets seems to be more safe to me :-)
so long ...
librarian

Diablo II FAQtoids