Unwanted Autorun
This may be a terribly noobish question from someone who has been playing almost daily for over five and a half years, but here goes:

When flying in towards a mineral node, iceberg, mob, player or other small target, almost as often or not autorun kicks in. At best this is frustrating, and in PvP embarrassing. I have changed keybinding for autorun. I have tried changing keyboards. Nothing helps.

I can't say I noticed the problem before flying mounts were introduced, but the phenomenon does not require flying. My best guess is that the autorun is caused by some interaction between my keystrokes and my mouse (actually a Logitech trackball) usage. I cannot make the effect happen on purpose though.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a fix?

"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
I've had this happen to me too since a patch or 2 ago. Not sure what causes it nor can I fix it since I can't reproduce it in the first place.
I found this thread which may be discussing more than one problem, but some of the posters seem to have the same bug we do:

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.h...50930&sid=1

Unfortunately no one has a good solution.
It's not autorun specifically for me. It's anytime I have two directional keys already pressed and the cat (sometimes both cats since they like to fight over who gets to lean on my fingers =P ) decides it's time to help me type and ends up hitting either one or two other movement keys. Then I get stuck going in whatever direction the key(s) is that the cat pressed until I hit that key again. They have run me off cliffs while I was afk, they've run me towards other groups of mobs in dungeons which is a great little panic moment until I figure out what key they last hit. =P Oddly enough, I do also have a logitech trackball, but it's happened even when I'm not using the trackball. Of course, I also can't have w pressed and have it recognize that I've hit the 2 key which is a little oddity that's been there from the beginning as well.
Intolerant monkey.
Quote:It's not autorun specifically for me. It's anytime I have two directional keys already pressed and the cat (sometimes both cats since they like to fight over who gets to lean on my fingers =P ) decides it's time to help me type and ends up hitting either one or two other movement keys. Then I get stuck going in whatever direction the key(s) is that the cat pressed until I hit that key again. They have run me off cliffs while I was afk, they've run me towards other groups of mobs in dungeons which is a great little panic moment until I figure out what key they last hit. =P Oddly enough, I do also have a logitech trackball, but it's happened even when I'm not using the trackball. Of course, I also can't have w pressed and have it recognize that I've hit the 2 key which is a little oddity that's been there from the beginning as well.
Fortunately I don't have trouble with the W and the 2 keys. I spend a lot of time on catapults. As for cats, that's why I have a sorceress with almost all her skill points in Dexterity. Now, if you will excuse me, I am off to refresh my DII characters.