Zoomer
I always wondered if anyone (especially those enjoying challenges like cursed/naked mages) had considered the limitation of using zoom always on. The screen reduction of visual range would make many ranged attacks and spells pointless. Seeing the "big D" even bigger would surely be frightening.
Haha I've considered playing a variant like this, but it would admittedly be too strange for me. I'm sure someone's up for it, though.
Hi,

Quote:I always wondered if anyone (especially those enjoying challenges like cursed/naked mages) had considered the limitation of using zoom always on. The screen reduction of visual range would make many ranged attacks and spells pointless. Seeing the "big D" even bigger would surely be frightening.
I can't remember who it was, but there was at least one person who played with zoom on and inventory open. I tried it after reading about it and found it more irritating than challenging. YMMV.;)

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

Quote:Hi,
I can't remember who it was, but there was at least one person who played with zoom on and inventory open. I tried it after reading about it and found it more irritating than challenging. YMMV.;)

--Pete
Dr. Zed played a Gothic variant entirely in zoom mode. I dont recall that he played with inventory open but if so that would really be irritating. He was really hardcore, too. I remember him spending a bunch of time trying to find a book of phasing (one of those Gothic quests). In a coop game one finally appeared for him but then lagged out as he tried to loot it. He was one of those old timers who I hated to see disappear. I suspect he was a casualty of 1.08, which destroyed the ability to play his and other 1.07 mods on battlenet.
Quote:I always wondered if anyone (especially those enjoying challenges like cursed/naked mages) had considered the limitation of using zoom always on. The screen reduction of visual range would make many ranged attacks and spells pointless. Seeing the "big D" even bigger would surely be frightening.

Once upon a time, my Gothic Hamster (Batham) used to co-op with Dr. Zed's Ultra-Pure Goth. Both warriors were required to play zoomed, the HAM due to its bad eyesight and Zed because, well, that's just the way he rolls.

From what I've gathered, the zoom restriction ended up being the main reason most everyone who considered it avoided playing the Hamster variant. Playing zoomed has a different feel to it, particularly in Hell. Taking down witches with a bow is quite doable; you just have to send arrows back along the path of their blood stars. Taking down lawyers is a different matter. When they phase away, you often won't see where they end up...

Mm, now there's some nostalgia.

-Lem
Quote:Once upon a time, my Gothic Hamster (Batham) used to co-op with Dr. Zed's Ultra-Pure Goth. Both warriors were required to play zoomed, the HAM due to its bad eyesight and Zed because, well, that's just the way he rolls.

From what I've gathered, the zoom restriction ended up being the main reason most everyone who considered it avoided playing the Hamster variant. Playing zoomed has a different feel to it, particularly in Hell. Taking down witches with a bow is quite doable; you just have to send arrows back along the path of their blood stars. Taking down lawyers is a different matter. When they phase away, you often won't see where they end up...

Mm, now there's some nostalgia.

-Lem

Damn... I really do miss my Samurai Hamster, that was a really fun variant.
"You can build a perfect machine out of imperfect parts."
-Urza

He's an old-fashioned Amish cyborg with no name. She's a virginal nymphomaniac fairy princess married to the Mob. Together, they fight crime!

The Blizzcon Class Discussion:
Crowd: "Our qq's will blot out the sun"
Warlocks: "Then we will pewpew in the shade"
Quote:Damn... I really do miss my Samurai Hamster, that was a really fun variant.

Bushido Hamster friggin' rocked. It was ridiculously fun. Oh, Itzai-Bitzai, how I miss thee.

-Lem