I'm not really a car guy, but the Bugatti Veyron is amazing
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bugatti_Veyron

[Image: Bugatti_Veyron.jpg]

The Bugatti Veyron is built by Volkswagen, and features an 8.0L 16-cylinder quad-turbo engine that puts out a shade over 1,000 horsepower. Here some impressive numbers stolen from Wikipedia.

Zero to 60 mph (97 km/h): 2.5 s
Zero to 100 mph (161 km/h): 5.4 s
Zero to 150 mph (241 km/h): 9.3 s
Zero to 200 mph (322 km/h): 20.2 s
Zero to 250 mph (402 km/h): 55 s

Please watch this video. James May from Top Gear takes a Veyron up to 407 km/h on VW's test track. The piece is really well done and very interesting.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x157l2_bu...on-at-top-speed

(Also, some idiot crashed one into a Vauxhalll van in the UK)

Man, the fastest I've ever driven is about 200 km/h (125 mph) while delivering pizza in a Nissan Access, and it was a huge rush and kinda scary. I couldn't imagine driving twice that fast.
:blink:
I'll take two, please. When he put in the special key, there was a great sense of a beast getting ready to attack. I loved it.:w00t:
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
Quote::blink:

I'll take that :blink:and raise you an :w00t:.

Seriously, best use of Star Wars-soundtrack - ever - !:P

God, that was a lot of fun to watch. I really cracked up laughing when he hit 407.:)
Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw
And if you can't afford the million-dollar price tag of the car itself, you can at least pretend you have one hidden away in the garage by buying the official Veyron wristwatch for the low-low price of $200,000.

Of course, you'd think the Veyron would have a clock on the dash... :unsure:
Political Correctness is the idea that you can foster tolerance in a diverse world through the intolerance of anything that strays from a clinical standard.
To be honest, I prefer this car.
Hugs are good, but smashing is better! - Clarence<!--sizec--><!--/sizec-->
Quote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bugatti_Veyron

[Image: Bugatti_Veyron.jpg]

The Bugatti Veyron is built by Volkswagen, and features an 8.0L 16-cylinder quad-turbo engine that puts out a shade over 1,000 horsepower. Here some impressive numbers stolen from Wikipedia.

Zero to 60 mph (97 km/h): 2.5 s
Zero to 100 mph (161 km/h): 5.4 s
Zero to 150 mph (241 km/h): 9.3 s
Zero to 200 mph (322 km/h): 20.2 s
Zero to 250 mph (402 km/h): 55 s

Please watch this video. James May from Top Gear takes a Veyron up to 407 km/h on VW's test track. The piece is really well done and very interesting.

(Also, some idiot crashed one into a Vauxhalll van in the UK)

Man, the fastest I've ever driven is about 200 km/h (125 mph) while delivering pizza in a Nissan Access, and it was a huge rush and kinda scary. I couldn't imagine driving twice that fast.

Gas mileage at top speed: 50 miles per tank. We're talking 2 to 3 miles per gallon...
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
Quote:Gas mileage at top speed: 50 miles per tank. We're talking 2 to 3 miles per gallon...
Not all that dissimilar from any other supercar at speed, which isn't surprising when considering the energy needed to sustain 2 tons of metal at 200+ mph in a rather inefficient mode of travel (mechanical drive train overcoming friction with the ground). The price you pay for the horsepower (and cruising speed) of a 1930's-era fighter plane.

(of course, an Allison V-1710 could do that on 12 cylinders, not 16;))
Political Correctness is the idea that you can foster tolerance in a diverse world through the intolerance of anything that strays from a clinical standard.
Wow... and I have yet to see one in Naples, FL yet. Have seen just about everything else that Europe can throw out.
It may not be a quad turbo W-16, but the bi-turbo V-12 S65 AMG Mercedes might be a little more affordable for those seeking a model with 600+ bhp that will go faster than you could ever need to go (250 kph according to their tech specs anyway). I'd give the direct link, but the thing is in Flash or somesuch so you only get the main page url. After skipping the intro, find it under showroom > models > sedans > S65, or if you like the feel of wind in your hair, the convertable version (showroom > models > roadsters > SL65). Personally though, I prefer the body style of the previous edition (pics here). Be advised, however, the pictured model year tends to have problems with some of the electrical sub-systems (overvoltage at the tail lights, door lock malfunction, per an owner I know). And by a little more affordable, I mean in the 150K-200K range). Hey, I hear you can get a nice watch for about that much.

edit: doh, wrong unit. Not quite in the same speed class as the Veyron, but still faster than you'll ever be able to go irl. Did I mention that it has four seats?
but often it happens you know / that the things you don't trust are the ones you need most....
Opening lines of "Psalm" by Hey Rosetta!
Quote:Please watch this video. James May from Top Gear takes a Veyron up to 407 km/h on VW's test track. The piece is really well done and very interesting.

Shoulda left Richard Hammond make that run. He's lighter, probably would've made it t' top o' th' shop in less time:P
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386