Why it's important in life to own a Sony Playstation®2
Hi all!

God of War II will be released in a few hours (in the US. European gamers will have to wait till April) It is the sequel to the original God of War for the Playstation2. For those of us who played the original, this is a game worth gushing over. For those of you who missed out on God of War, I strongly urge you to pick up the original game and play through it before venturing into the sequel.

In short, it is a story of a ruthless spartan warrior by the name of Kratos. After having been betrayed by his master (Ares, the god of war) he journeys throughout ancient Greece to kill him. After a long and perilous journey through some vast and impressive-looking landscapes and battling creatures, demons and gods, Kratos finally confronts Ares, kills him, and ascends to the throne of Olympus as the new god of war.

The story of God of War 2 picks up from there.

The game has been critically acclaimed by numerous authorities within the gaming community:
* Gamespot: 9.2
* Gamespy: 5/5
* IGN: 9.7
* Gamerankings: 9.5
* other reviews

[Image: 3168.jpg]

Check out more information about the game on Gamespot's God of War II launch center
Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw
My PS2 was stolen yesterday, so I'll have to wait until I get a new one before I can play it. Looks spiffy though.
The thief was probably planning a God of War2-marathon and didn't have 'The Station'. :P
Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw
Quote:Angel' date='Mar 13 2007, 09:20 AM' post='125550']
For those of you who missed out on God of War, I strongly urge you to pick up the original game and play through it before venturing into the sequel.

I have a slight suggested revision to your statement. I'd recommend renting the original god of war if you simply plan to do it for background's sake. After playing through the first title, I said to myself: well, that was interesting, I never thought I'd get that freaking room turned in the right direction. But one of the last things on my mind was to play the game again.

I do have to admit that I don't buy many games for my PS2. I think the last one I bought was NCAA Football 2005 (used) and before that was GT4. The only adventure games I'm interested in owning are from the Castlevania series, as they generally include multiple characters with which to play. Most other adventure/action games don't have enough replay interest for me to buy them outright. Also, my playing time generally comes in 1-2 hrs per week doses, so staying with a 20+ hr game through it's conclusion takes me up to 2 months, unless I have a week-end when I'm home alone (when renting a new game makes sense).
but often it happens you know / that the things you don't trust are the ones you need most....
Opening lines of "Psalm" by Hey Rosetta!