Fan of "Monkey Island"?
Then you should enjoy this

Apparently, the band "Press Play On Tape" plays a lot of old game-music, specifically (but not limited to) Commodore64-music.

If you're already walking down memory lane, stop by PPOT and take a look!

Enjoy!:P

Edit: Found out there's even a Wikipedia-entry: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PPOT
Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw
Hi,

oooh, I just have to respond to this...

Quote:Apparently, the band "Press Play On Tape" plays a lot of old game-music, specifically (but not limited to) Commodore64-music.

If you're already walking down memory lane, stop by PPOT and take a look!
Definitely! Especially their Boy Band video shouldn't be missed: Backstreet Boys meets Comic Bakery! It's amazing, even if you don't know the original tune Comic Bakery (by Martin Galway, the god of all SID tunes!). Hilarious video!

Oh, and if you're on memory lane already, why stop? If you like a capella music, take a look at this International Karate a capella remix video by swedish group Visa Röster. Great voices, and fantastic performance! There are some more videos from Visa Röster on their site and on youtube. I've bought both of their remix CDs, and absolutely love them!

And if that's not enough, take a look at RKO, a repository of thousands(!) of free, modern remixes of c64 SID tunes, including a lot of PPoT's and Visa Röster's work. There are some true gems to be found there, ranging from orchestral arrangements over elektro/ebm-style remixes to country and heavy metal versions of classic c64 SID tunes.

EDIT: Oh, and one last video: Not a remix, but a brit-pop style tune/video about the good ol' home-computing times: Hey Hey 16k. If you're about the same age as me (34) and have used computers since 20 years, you might agree that MJ Hibbett's song describes the experience of our generation quite well. :D

Uh, can you tell I'm a huge fan of these kind of remixes? :blush:

-Kylearan
There are two kinds of fools. One says, "This is old, and therefore good." And one says, "This is new, and therefore better." - John Brunner, The Shockwave Rider