Stormrage: Gruul's Lair - Maulgar
Just a post seeing how much interest there would be in a run on Gruul's Lair with the goal of defeating High King Maulgar on Sunday, March 4th, at 1:00 PM Server time. All level 70s on Stormrage who are friends of the <Lurkers> guild are invited to sign up if interested. We'll walk in there and take some more whacks at him until, say, 4:30 PM at the latest.

Sign up with your character class and build. No keying necessary, you just walk in, kill a few trash mobs, and you're looking at him. If you missed the action some of us had last week, you can get the gist of the encounter by reading encounter design here. We basically had two ogres down with 3 to go (Olm at 1%) after just 2 short hours of attempts. It's not a terribly difficult boss encounter - in fact, Olm was giving us the hardest time of all the ogres, and if he went down we might have had it that quickly.

Loot rules: don't be a jerk. You're coming along to see and beat new content, not to ZOMGPHATLEWTZ. We'll /random off the stuff to applicable characters on a win.

Cleoboltra, Priest, Holy/Disc signing up.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Liska, feral druid, signing up assuming my schedule is free (I think it is)
-TheDragoon
Shalandrax 31/13/17 zomgwarrior.
Quote:Just a post seeing how much interest there would be in a run on Gruul's Lair with the goal of defeating High King Maulgar on Sunday, March 4th, at 1:00 PM Server time.
-Bolty

Pavis, undergeared 'lock at your service.
At first I thought, "Mind control satellites? No way!" But now I can't remember how we lived without them.
------
WoW PC's of significance
Vaimadarsa Pavis Hykim Jakaleel Odayla Odayla
Tentative, not sure right now if I'll be available.
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
Quote:Tentative, not sure right now if I'll be available.
Lochnar - frost/arcane

However, I don't think he will be anywhere near the buffed hp for tanking the mage, so I hope there is another candidate.

<span style="color:#FF0000">[EDIT] If anyone is interested, there is a group quest given by Baron Sablemane outside of the Circle of Blood and involves killing ogres outside the instance. Lochnar has it and would love to complete it with like minded toons. It's called Massacre at Gruul's Lair with a followup called Showdown. About 20g and some nice rewards from Showdown (at least for Lochnar - YMMV - would replace Mish'undare, Circlet of the Mind Flayer with Tourmaline Crown if I could get the ZG enchant for it).

[EDIT2] (In my best Mater voice) Got'er done! But I will certainly help if anyone else is to that point. Turns out Massacre and Showdown actually yield over 30g (for a 70?) and a nice item so they are worth doing, but there are pre-reqs.
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
Mio - Marks Hunter

Might be able to make this. As usual, it depends on the wife.:D
Zhania the Shaman's available, 33 Enh, 28 Resto.
[Image: 259402pnMDg.png]
Quote:All level 70s on Stormrage who are friends of the <Lurkers> guild are invited to sign up if interested.

I understand that this is a signup post, but what exactly does this mean?
Turambar - Fury Warrior - Twisting Nether
NenyaAdamant - Shadow Priest - Proudmoore
Lum - Shadow Priest - Stormrage

TheLuminaire.net
Quote:I understand that this is a signup post, but what exactly does this mean?
Basically anyone on Stormrage who's someone we recognize can come along. Not necessarily Avarice-only, although I expect it will be predominantly Avarice signing up. Other than Avarice and some members of Critical Mass, not many other guilds frequent this forum.

Look, Maulgar's the casual 25-man raid entry point of TBC. Seems to me he's easier to learn than Onyxia was back in the day.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
yo cyo wants to help. Although is this group segregated from tuft's group?
Quote:Basically anyone on Stormrage who's someone we recognize can come along. Not necessarily Avarice-only, although I expect it will be predominantly Avarice signing up. Other than Avarice and some members of Critical Mass, not many other guilds frequent this forum.

Look, Maulgar's the casual 25-man raid entry point of TBC. Seems to me he's easier to learn than Onyxia was back in the day.

-Bolty
My apologies. I was beginning to think that this was only open to the Lurkers, and some other tinfoil-hat seperatist crap.:P

Ignore me.
Turambar - Fury Warrior - Twisting Nether
NenyaAdamant - Shadow Priest - Proudmoore
Lum - Shadow Priest - Stormrage

TheLuminaire.net
Quote:yo cyo wants to help. Although is this group segregated from tuft's group?

No, as Tuft's next slated run is Saturday the 10th.;)

I'd love to go and help, but it looks like Sundays are rapidly turning into my "Be social away from the comp" days. Good luck in there, folks!
~Not all who wander are lost...~
Mathom -- Druid

46 Feral, 15 Resto
Stormrage: Sirrion -- Human Rogue (Last reported level 40)
Terenas: Telgaas -- Troll Shaman (Last reported level 16)

Levels may become inaccurate due to lack of updating.
Eilistraee, feral druid would like to attend.
Seiki, protection warrior.
[Image: 21740hrsxL.png]
Yeah, so some dwarf priest or another poked me to sign up.
I'm there if you need more Holy/Discipline priests.
LaMage is not quite ready, and won't be by Sunday, but i'll be there next time. Thanks for this, Bolty.
[Image: Sabra%20gold%20copy.jpg]

I blame Tal.

Sabramage Authenticated!
Malarauko is in
Regarding melee-heavy teams: "In case you aren't familiar with the team, it operates on the premise that warlocks are filled with tasty candy and you must beat it out of them as fast as humanly possible."
Edrand would go.