Mythos
Sorry for the blatant plug, but what the heck. Our casual iso hack 'n slash action rpg is in alpha right now, and it'd be nice to have some lurkers in on the test. The main purpose of the game is to pre-test our network infrastructure for Hellgate London, but it's a fun little game nonetheless. If interested, check it out at www.mythos.com.
Quote:Sorry for the blatant plug, but what the heck. Our casual iso hack 'n slash action rpg is in alpha right now, and it'd be nice to have some lurkers in on the test. The main purpose of the game is to pre-test our network infrastructure for Hellgate London, but it's a fun little game nonetheless. If interested, check it out at www.mythos.com.
OK, I checked it out, now where's my invite?!?!;)Really though, it does look like my kind of thing and I would love to give it a try if you are sending out invitations. After all, I've played WoW for over two years, and I may get bored with it sometime in the next year or two, so I will need something to fall back on.:lol:
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
Quote:Sorry for the blatant plug, but what the heck. Our casual iso hack 'n slash action rpg is in alpha right now, and it'd be nice to have some lurkers in on the test. The main purpose of the game is to pre-test our network infrastructure for Hellgate London, but it's a fun little game nonetheless. If interested, check it out at www.mythos.com.

Looks interesting, but the website is sort of devoid of information... details please!:)I sent my email address in~
--Mith

I would rather be ashes than dust! I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry rot. I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet. The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Jack London
It looks pretty good so far. Once I manage to upgrade my comp I should even be able to run it. As of now though... yeah, I don't even come close.
Alea Jacta Est - Caesar
Guild Wars account: Lurker Wyrm
Puh. It's multiplayer only and therefore impossible to mod. And this coming from Isolde. I feel betrayed.:wacko:

<span style="color:#CCCCDD">'Looks interesting, but the website is sort of devoid of information... details please!'

Well, it's an isometric multiplayer-only D2-like action RPG, involving your character... or maybe you control a party, fighting alongside others... or maybe you can go solo... and learning... or finding... or buying skills for your um... some character class. You can be an orc, or maybe you fight orcs... with a cigar-smoking goblin... in... ehm... a mine setting... or an underground temple... and it has shrines. I believe it's in real time and there may or may not be random levels, raids, random loot, and it is free to play.

According to aello, it's going to be pretty big, or maybe it's just a Ping0 tech demo... or a genuine game... or its own franchise... with or without secure servers. Or the other way round. Possibly.

At least, that's what the snippets released so far tell us. Even the Hellgate London site has more information (!). But it totally comes from Flagship, so if your computer can run it, you should apply now.

;)
Nothing is impossible if you believe in it enough.

Median 2008 mod for Diablo II
<span style="color:gray">New skills, new AIs, new items, new challenges...
06.dec.2006: Median 2008 1.44
it's an isometric multiplayer-only D2-like action RPG, involving your character fighting alongside others... or solo. learning skills. in a mine setting or an underground temple. and it has shrines. it's in real time and there be random levels, raids, random loot, and it is free to play. According to aello, it's going to be pretty big, with secure servers. if your computer can run it, you should apply now. ;)

^^
Nothing is impossible if you believe in it enough.

Median 2008 mod for Diablo II
<span style="color:gray">New skills, new AIs, new items, new challenges...
06.dec.2006: Median 2008 1.44
How long after we send in our email addresses should we expect an invite?
Quote:How long after we send in our email addresses should we expect an invite?

sorry, we haven't implemented a response yet to the alpha e-mail submission. i can't say for sure when you'll get your invite, it depends on how quickly we manage to expand the systems and how many bugs crop up along the way. i'm pretty confident that everyone who joins will at some point get in though.
This looks hot - I'll throw my name in:)

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Quote:This looks hot - I'll throw my name in:)

-Bolty

Woohoo!

Yep, that sounds about right.

--me
Email submitted, looking forward to your spam. :D

Cheerio,
~Frag
Hardcore Diablo 1/2/3/4 & Retail/Classic WoW adventurer.

the first time i saw HL i said "now thats something to watch out for.time to use the heavy artillery and drop the mana casting and use brute force!!!:shuriken:
I have been checking my email roughly 12,566 times per day in anticipation of an invite which has not yet come. I can understand NDAs and all that jazz, but I would really like an update.

-Bolty

If it's good enough for the Boltster, it's good enough for me! :D
[Image: 9426697EGZMV.png]
Quote:I have been checking my email roughly 12,566 times per day in anticipation of an invite which has not yet come. I can understand NDAs and all that jazz, but I would really like an update.

As far as I can tell, they added people to the alpha pretty much in the order they received their e-mail addresses --- at least I happened to see the Mythos alpha-announcement right after it was made and got an invite a couple of weeks ago. (Maybe there was a special -- and well-deserved -- exception for a certain "Jarthelurker" whom I've spotted in Mythos, even at bad hours in Sweden, or maybe not, I don't know.;))

I believe they're planning to add a lot more people, so hopefully something will come soon for you too. Just check your spam carefully! They've also just lifted the NDA, so there should be a lot more info about Mythos avalable soon. It is a surprisingly good little game, with a lot of the flavor of the original Diablo, if not quite as gothic an atmosphere. I don't think it will set the gaming world on fire, but anyone who enjoyed Diablo will surely enjoy Mythos.

The alpha so far has had options of gremlin/elf races (human is the third choice, not selectable yet), and pyromancer (a fire-based mage) or bloodletter (a melee/rifle based class), with the usual 4 stats. I've mostly tried bow-using bloodletters (though the first time through I tried a bow-using pyromancer).

There are still wild swings in melee/spell balance and monster difficulty, so hopefully they'll arrive at a good end-result. One nice aspect of the game is that you can buy maps from a cartographer NPC to different dungeon locations, including epic maps designed for different character lvls, so this allows you to switch difficulty levels on the fly, as it were.

They are still calibrating difficulty levels -- in the test a week ago, the high lvl epic dungeons (apparently intended for 5-player parties) were easily soloable by lower lvl characters; but the good side was that soloing some of those epic dungeons with my bloodletter archer felt quite a bit like doing hell/hell in Diablo with a low-30's rogue. They have since made them more difficult, but hopefully it will be possible to select challenging and interesting dungeons in the final version.

The non-melee part of the bloodletter skills has -- in addition to rifle skills -- a nice bloodminion tree. Killing a monster has a certain chance, depending on the spell lvl (10% at lvl 5 ) of raising a bloodminion (up to 3 total) which then goes and attacks stuff. The top of the bloodminion tree is an "explode bloodminion" skill, which explodes your minion causing significant damage to any nearby monsters. I liked this skill.
I really need to play this game now :o
Quote:... a certain "Jarthelurker" whom I've spotted in Mythos...

Mythos rocks;)
There are three types of people in the world. Those who can count and those who can't.
Quote:Mythos rocks;)
*Hearts aflutter* :wub:

~Frag :o
Hardcore Diablo 1/2/3/4 & Retail/Classic WoW adventurer.