The Art of Stained Glass
As some of you may know, my husband's hobby is making items from stained glass. :) (I slay monsters to relax; he retreats to his workshop and makes beautiful things.)

He has moved from following standard patterns to making interpretations of paintings. His 'favourite artist' is Lawren Harris, who not only did amazing landscapes that lend themselves to stained glass projects (like this painting of Mount Lefroy) but also did many abstracts, like this one. Here is one of hubby's interpretations: Stormy Mountain.

All of that is to preface my wonder and amazement to find that the artist Marc Chagall had moved on from paintings to stained glass in his latter years. Not only did he design windows, but he made the glass itself too. For some truly inspiring and glorious examples of stained glass, I urge you to check out the windows he designed for a number of churches.

The Synagogue of the Hadassah-Hebrew University Medical Center in Jerusalem. You can click on each individual window to see the amazing way he planned for the backlighting and the remarkable painting he did on the glass.

All Saints Church, Tudeley, UK

St. Stephan zu Mainz, Mainz, Germany
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

Nice links. I'm familiar with Chagall's pastels, but not with the stained glass. Thanks.

Your husband's work looks pretty interesting, my hats off to anyone who can work extensively with glass cutting. I once tried handcutting a simple glass circle freehand, and my fingers looked like it had about 30 paper cuts on them afterwards.

i like the way light shines through colored glass.that was a nice piece.:D