The Diablo follow on Rumors continue
While it looks as though Starcraft will be getting some love, based on Blizz hiring RTS developers, Diablo has apparently been getting some MMO type treatment.

Details here, for those who are interested.

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Quote:While it looks as though Starcraft will be getting some love, based on Blizz hiring RTS developers, Diablo has apparently been getting some MMO type treatment.

Details here, for those who are interested.

Occhi

Of course, World of Diablo, that was my first thought when I heared about WoW many years ago. The concept is there, just exchange the content of the world for the Diablo Universe (of course, other changes is also needed but still). Seems like a good idea to me even though I will probably never play it. My hope would still be a new "normal" Diablo though, in part going backwards to some of the things that made Diablo 1 so good and in many areas better than Diablo 2 although not everyone might agree on that.

From the article:

"When we announce our next MMORPG it's not going to be another WOW--we're not a company that tends to tread the same ground,"

Riiiiight. Because none of their games before has any similarities to each other.:)

Oh well, only the future can tell.
There are three types of people in the world. Those who can count and those who can't.
:w00t:

Now then, what about that image? Nice amount of detail on the marines and Protoss (Templars?), but perhaps unsurprising unfinished look on the carrier.

What's the verdict?
A plague of exploding high-fives.
I won't even bother getting my hopes up. Blizzard has gone over to the dark side.
Quote:Riiiiight. Because none of their games before has any similarities to each other.:)
"This is not WarCraft in space. It's much more sophisticated than that."
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
April Fool's joke that was run by Gamespot on April 1st, 2006.

Blizzard stated clearly that they have no intentions on developing any other games other than World of Warcraft until the income being generated by WoW dries up.

The sole purpose of any company is to generate profit. WoW is their cash cow, and they've been milking it well. :whistling:
Quote:April Fool's joke that was run by Gamespot on April 1st, 2006.

Why was it posted more than 8 months later?
Hi,

Quote:Why was it posted more than 8 months later?
Because they're using Blizzard's production calendar? :lol:

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?