NHL All-Star Game is To-Nite
I mean, besides DeeBye.....

They're making it hard to find down here, though. It's on 'Versus' Sports Network. Good thing I have DirecTV.....

In other NHL news, the end of the unbalanced schedule is in sight. :D Although this cursed thing will continue for one more year (they said it was a three-year experiment), I doubt it carries beyond that. It was one vote from being killed at the end of this year. If Ovechkin & Crosby are truly the future of the NHL, seeing them once every other year out West is an injustice.
Quote:I mean, besides DeeBye.....
I'm only half-watching it. The NHL All Star game usually sucks.
Quote:I'm only half-watching it. The NHL All Star game usually sucks.

Agreed.

The skills competition is usually better, though I didn't particularly enjoy it this year. Did we really need so much focus on the shootout? For fans like me who aren't all that enamored of the shootout, it was far more than necessary. I would have preferred more focus on events like the accuracy or puck control competitions.

gekko
"Life is sacred and you are not its steward. You have stewardship over it but you don't own it. You're making a choice to go through this, it's not just happening to you. You're inviting it, and in some ways delighting in it. It's not accidental or coincidental. You're choosing it. You have to realize you've made choices."
-Michael Ventura, "Letters@3AM"
Just posting to say that the new uniforms look like ass.

Also, the NHL All Star game sucks because it is soulless. The reason hockey is a great sport is because it is a fast, physical, and emotional game. You will never get that in an All Star game. The biggest cheer heard at any All Star game is after the exceedingly rare occurance that someone actually throws a bodycheck.

The only good hockey All Star game is the CHL Top Prospects game, which is for the best undrafted junior players. They are playing to help their draft position, so you see thundering checks and even a few fights.
Quote:The only good hockey All Star game is the CHL Top Prospects game, which is for the best undrafted junior players. They are playing to help their draft position, so you see thundering checks and even a few fights.

Agreed entirely. My friend's parents have traveled for those games the last few years (probably not surprising, He used to play for the Maple Leafs and they're both Canadian). I've seen a few tapes - which are hard to watch. But last year's was televised on their extended Direct TV Hockey package. Needless to say, it was pretty ridiculous. hard to remember they're that young when they play like that,

Cheers,

Munk