Hooray Power again!
Let's see.

We lost power Friday night around midnight, got it back around 9am. Lost it again Saturday around 6pm got it back around 10pm. Lost it around midnight again, got it back around 3. It was back on at 9am (not sure when it came back on) but it went out at 10 am. So we are into Sunday there, right? Yeah I got it back around noon. I know watched the Chicago game and part of the Colts and Ravens, but lost power in the 3rd quarter of Colts Ravens. It came back on around 10 pm our time then went out at midnight.

We didn't get it back until about 30 minutes about (10:20 our time).

We've been without out water pretty much since Saturday afternoon. That still isn't back.

I will say the insulation in the house is pretty good though. It got down to 56 F inside, which isn't bad since it hasn't been over 25F outside (and has been as low at 5F) since the power outages started to happen.

So it's been an interesting past few days. I'm letting the freezer and fridge cool down again then I'll have to bring the cooler back inside. :)

Hoping we get water. I need to shower (I got one in on Saturday).

---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Quote:Let's see.

We lost power Friday night around midnight, got it back around 9am. Lost it again Saturday around 6pm got it back around 10pm. Lost it around midnight again, got it back around 3. It was back on at 9am (not sure when it came back on) but it went out at 10 am. So we are into Sunday there, right? Yeah I got it back around noon. I know watched the Chicago game and part of the Colts and Ravens, but lost power in the 3rd quarter of Colts Ravens. It came back on around 10 pm our time then went out at midnight.

We didn't get it back until about 30 minutes about (10:20 our time).

We've been without out water pretty much since Saturday afternoon. That still isn't back.

I will say the insulation in the house is pretty good though. It got down to 56 F inside, which isn't bad since it hasn't been over 25F outside (and has been as low at 5F) since the power outages started to happen.
So it's been an interesting past few days. I'm letting the freezer and fridge cool down again then I'll have to bring the cooler back inside. :)

Hoping we get water. I need to shower (I got one in on Saturday).

Good deal, GG. I'm getting ready to head back south and check on our house. We've been up at parents' houses since Sunday.

--Mav
You poor guys; I feel for you. I hope you have a gas furnace. We have an electric furnace (heat pump) and when we lost power in an ice storm years ago the house was freezing cold for days--no fun at all.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtmlWbJ-1vgb3aJmW4DJ7...NntmKgW8Cp]
Quote:You poor guys; I feel for you. I hope you have a gas furnace. We have an electric furnace (heat pump) and when we lost power in an ice storm years ago the house was freezing cold for days--no fun at all.

Nope we have electric (we're in a small appartment complex, 8 units). So I'm pretty happy it didn't get too cold inside. I was surprised it didn't get colder inside actually.

We are also in a wooded area, but I want the water back for the toilet even though I've generally been going like the animals do....
---
Quote:Nope we have electric (we're in a small appartment complex, 8 units). So I'm pretty happy it didn't get too cold inside. I was surprised it didn't get colder inside actually.

We are also in a wooded area, but I want the water back for the toilet even though I've generally been going like the animals do....

GG? Is this all from a storm?

Come use my bathroom. It's warm and it's working. Bring Treeshan.
[Image: Sabra%20gold%20copy.jpg]

I blame Tal.

Sabramage Authenticated!
Quote:GG? Is this all from a storm?

Come use my bathroom. It's warm and it's working. Bring Treeshan.

Yep all from the storm. Water is back on though. Yay!
---
Quote:You poor guys; I feel for you. I hope you have a gas furnace. We have an electric furnace (heat pump) and when we lost power in an ice storm years ago the house was freezing cold for days--no fun at all.

My folks lost power for two straight days to an ice storm in Minneapolis sometime in the early 80's. They were in the middle of adding a room to their house, and the contractors had just cut the doorway into the new structure. For some reason, they did this before installing the windows in the new room. This was in November (there were piles of snow in the middle of what is now the family room). The house got pretty cold. They have gas heat, but remember that most gas furnaces need electricity to run the controls and the blowers. So, no electricity, no furnace.

<span style="color:red">Terenas (PvE)
Xarhud: Lvl 80 Undead Priest
Meltok: Lvl 70 Undead Mage
Ishila: Lvl 31 Tauren Druid
Tynaria: Lvl 66 Blood Elf Rogue
We just got our power back on after 12 hours. I wore my down vest to keep warm.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtmlWbJ-1vgb3aJmW4DJ7...NntmKgW8Cp]