Out for awhile
Treesh's machine is just fine, but my machine is dead. I powered it off thanks to the UPS last night after the power went out. When I went to power it back up this morning the powersupply fired.

I knew that the PSU in it was just barely good enough for the connected hardware, but it seems that the extra draw that the PSU gets when powering on was too much and it blew while trying to turn the system back on this morning.

Seeing as how we weren't sure we could afford two copies of TBC in the first place I know we can't swing a powersupply for awhile. Oh well. I'll still be able to post and stuff from Treesh's machine for awhile and I've got some older parts I've been meaning to slap together into a 3rd box anyway (got a PS that is good enough for them but not for what was in my system) so I might get that back up, but you won't see Treesh and I both online for a bit.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
D'oh!

We could start a collection?:)
Quote:Treesh's machine is just fine, but my machine is dead. I powered it off thanks to the UPS last night after the power went out. When I went to power it back up this morning the powersupply fired.

I knew that the PSU in it was just barely good enough for the connected hardware, but it seems that the extra draw that the PSU gets when powering on was too much and it blew while trying to turn the system back on this morning.

Seeing as how we weren't sure we could afford two copies of TBC in the first place I know we can't swing a powersupply for awhile. Oh well. I'll still be able to post and stuff from Treesh's machine for awhile and I've got some older parts I've been meaning to slap together into a 3rd box anyway (got a PS that is good enough for them but not for what was in my system) so I might get that back up, but you won't see Treesh and I both online for a bit.

Silly GG. Send me an IM with what you want in your PS and it will be on its way.
Well I grabbed some older parts intended for a linux box and have another system up and running. It is WoW capable (though several steps below what i had) but if I install WoW on it or not is another question. I just wanted internet capability when Treesh was on her system. :) Doubtful that I'll get an IM program on it since well just being logged into an IM program recently could be a trigger for stupid panic attacks.
---
A Powersupply has already been shipped off to GG - he should have his big rig up and running I think by the end of next week.
Quote:A Powersupply has already been shipped off to GG - he should have his big rig up and running I think by the end of next week.

You are too kind.

I do have the other machine running nicely. WoW is installed and I'm downloading a 465 MB patch right now (guess there was a lot of patching to go from WoW 1.0 to WoW 2.0.4 :) ).

So I'll be back sooner than anticipated.

What's silly is that I'm using the case and Powersupply from the very first PC I ever bought (which was an upgrade from my Commodore 128), it was originally a Micron Millenium Pro2. It housed a Pentium Pro 200, I never did get the 2nd chip in there, but it was an SMP motherboard and I had SLI Voodoo2's in that bad boy. It was a hoss back in '97 when I got it :). Hence why the Powersupply is still beefy enough to run an AMD Athlon 2000+ and a GeForce Ti4200 and a couple of ATA 7200 RPM drives on the old Asus A7M266 motherboard (which was actually the 2nd PC I ever purchased all the parts for, though it just had an Athlon 1200 in it at the time, it was an upgrade from a Duron 650 I got as a gift though, and that Duron made a good enough 2nd system for Treesh at the time to play D2 on, the PPro was not cutting it so well). Really it's not a bad system, it's just not my big system :) Of course the big system was still all gifts and freebies from family and friends but it's a major step up from this.
---
Quote:A Powersupply has already been shipped off to GG - he should have his big rig up and running I think by the end of next week.

Gosh darn it Tal! You beat me to it!

You ARE the man!
[Image: Sabra%20gold%20copy.jpg]

I blame Tal.

Sabramage Authenticated!
Quote:You are too kind.

I do have the other machine running nicely. WoW is installed and I'm downloading a 465 MB patch right now (guess there was a lot of patching to go from WoW 1.0 to WoW 2.0.4 :) ).

Hah, I find out that the first patch was only getting me up to WoW 1.12.

I'm not getting another 492 MB patch to go from 1.12 to 2.0.1. Wonder if I can go from that straight to 2.0.5, I guess I'll find out soon enough. :)
---
Hope things take a turn for the better soon! Take care, both of ya, and see you online whenever you're able.

Love of love,

-Tori & Tiga *hugs