World of Warcraft 2.0.3
Quote:- The "Vestments of Transcendence" Set +15% mana regeneration has been
replaced with 20 mana per 5 sec.
- The "Stormrage Raiment Set" +15% mana regeneration has been replaced
with 20 mana per 5 sec.

Ok, I understand why changing this to non-scaling makes sense. It'd be irreplaceable gear. You might have people in 5/8 T6 and 3/8 T2.

But why only 20MP5? Even if you only have 300 spirit (which any priest or druid who can get their hands on 3 pieces of T2 has) it is 33 MP5.
Quote:Ok, I understand why changing this to non-scaling makes sense. It'd be irreplaceable gear. You might have people in 5/8 T6 and 3/8 T2.

But why only 20MP5? Even if you only have 300 spirit (which any priest or druid who can get their hands on 3 pieces of T2 has) it is 33 MP5.

In keeping with the great and storied LL nit-picking tradition, I would like to point out that people would not be in 5/8 T6, because Blizzard is moving to 5-piece sets with T4.
Just a note for hunters.

Pet attack speed has been normalized. My 1.2 attack speed and 1.6 attack speed pets are now 2.0. I only had 2 pets to choose from that had faster than 2.0 (out of my 3 stable slots, GIB on more slot Blizzard! :) ) but that is a pretty good indication that it happend. So the uptime on Ferocius inspirtation just went down a bit and cats with lower health and armor became a bit less desirable since the faster attack speed most of them had was another plus for how they were used. All in all not a huge deal. The damage didn't really change and the value of having Serpent's Swiftness actually increased.

The warlock DoT changes seem to be in as well. It looks like Corruption only gets 95% instead of the 120% it got and CoA looks to be only 120% not 160%. Again, changes I think were needed.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Quote:(out of my 3 stable slots, GIB on more slot Blizzard! :) )
I'm still waiting for that change that was mentioned on the European hunter forums a while back (When I started playing, in fact), which mentioned that the whole pet taming procedure would change.

The idea was that, rather than stabling your current pet to head out and tame another for skill purposes, you could keep your regular pet out, and when you tame another that pet (ie the new one) is sent to one of your empty stable slots.

I could name a few issues with that system, but I suppose the main benefit of it is that you don't have to "solo" dangerous areas without your regular pet or by using a trash pet. It still wasn't an extra pet slot by any means, and I'm pretty sure that Blizzard have emphatically stated that hunters will never get any more pet slots. Not even for 100g.
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
Quote:I'm still waiting for that change that was mentioned on the European hunter forums a while back (When I started playing, in fact), which mentioned that the whole pet taming procedure would change.

The idea was that, rather than stabling your current pet to head out and tame another for skill purposes, you could keep your regular pet out, and when you tame another that pet (ie the new one) is sent to one of your empty stable slots.

I could name a few issues with that system, but I suppose the main benefit of it is that you don't have to "solo" dangerous areas without your regular pet or by using a trash pet. It still wasn't an extra pet slot by any means, and I'm pretty sure that Blizzard have emphatically stated that hunters will never get any more pet slots. Not even for 100g.

Yeah that could help. And really since all the pets are becoming more and more similar and there isn't a ton of situational uses for different pet skills it isn't as bad. And "respecing" the pet is pretty cheap as well. Me being the collecter I am, I really want about 30 slots so I can have a bat, bear, cat, dog, snake, owl, turtle, etc, etc. I've got some rethinking to do on pets anyway since the really fast attack pets don't exist anymore, it changes how various pets will generate aggro and what pets can do in PvP, etc (I loved the fast attack pets to pester casters). I'll adapt. :)
---
Quote:Yeah that could help. And really since all the pets are becoming more and more similar and there isn't a ton of situational uses for different pet skills it isn't as bad. And "respecing" the pet is pretty cheap as well. Me being the collecter I am, I really want about 30 slots so I can have a bat, bear, cat, dog, snake, owl, turtle, etc, etc. I've got some rethinking to do on pets anyway since the really fast attack pets don't exist anymore, it changes how various pets will generate aggro and what pets can do in PvP, etc (I loved the fast attack pets to pester casters). I'll adapt. :)
I'm not a hunter, so bear with me, but homogonising all pets strikes me as a little depressing. Wouldn't it be nicer to give the slower attack speed pets some interesting new tricks, rather than nerf all the kitty-cats out there? Make the choice of pet a little more tactical that tank or DPS pet. On the other hand, at least we'll be seeing a slight drop off in the number of white tigers that have infested various battlegrounds in plague numbers.:)

At any rate, sounds like I'll still have fun fighting BM hunters on my mage (or all hunters for that matter).

On a side note: feral swiftness still doesn't work indoors. *Goes off and crys in a corner, bitterly disappointed.* :P
I hate flags

"Then Honor System came out and I had b*$@& tattoo'd on my forehead and a "kick me" sign taped to my back." - Tiku

Stormscale: Treglies, UD Mage; Treggles, 49 Orc Shaman; Tregor, semi-un-retired Druid.

Terenas (all retired): 60 Druid; 60 Shaman. (Not very creative with my character selection, am I?!Wink
Quote:I'm not a hunter, so bear with me, but homogonising all pets strikes me as a little depressing. Wouldn't it be nicer to give the slower attack speed pets some interesting new tricks, rather than nerf all the kitty-cats out there? Make the choice of pet a little more tactical that tank or DPS pet. On the other hand, at least we'll be seeing a slight drop off in the number of white tigers that have infested various battlegrounds in plague numbers.:)

At any rate, sounds like I'll still have fun fighting BM hunters on my mage (or all hunters for that matter).

On a side note: feral swiftness still doesn't work indoors. *Goes off and crys in a corner, bitterly disappointed.* :P

Yes, it is rather depressing. There is getting to be fewer and fewer reasons for having different pets, which is the opposite of the direction Blizzard seemed to want us to go in the first place. While it's not as bad as having a pet preassigned to you when you hit 10 and it's the only one you can ever have, it's getting close.

But then, Blizz never really has seemed to know what they are doing with hunters/pets in the first place, anyhow.
~Not all who wander are lost...~
Quote:
Quote:I'm not a hunter, so bear with me, but homogonising all pets strikes me as a little depressing. Wouldn't it be nicer to give the slower attack speed pets some interesting new tricks, rather than nerf all the kitty-cats out there? Make the choice of pet a little more tactical that tank or DPS pet. On the other hand, at least we'll be seeing a slight drop off in the number of white tigers that have infested various battlegrounds in plague numbers. smile.gif

On a side note: feral swiftness still doesn't work indoors. *Goes off and crys in a corner, bitterly disappointed.* tongue.gif
Yes, it is rather depressing. There is getting to be fewer and fewer reasons for having different pets, which is the opposite of the direction Blizzard seemed to want us to go in the first place. While it's not as bad as having a pet preassigned to you when you hit 10 and it's the only one you can ever have, it's getting close.

But then, Blizz never really has seemed to know what they are doing with hunters/pets in the first place, anyhow.

Yeah I have to agree. I would be much happier with a ton of stable slots, and being able to choose among diverse pets and having to deal with the extra time sink of leveling all those pets and dealing with all the different food requirements.

But we're easier to balance this way. Just like it's easier to have both sides with paladin and shaman.

It saddens me too. I simply tried to look at the potential positive of it since I won't get what I really want. Oh well.
---
A wee warning for one and all. CTRaid (updated for 2.03) was causing issues with my target frame disappearing when I changed targets in combat. YMMV, but thought I should bring it up.:)
I hate flags

"Then Honor System came out and I had b*$@& tattoo'd on my forehead and a "kick me" sign taped to my back." - Tiku

Stormscale: Treglies, UD Mage; Treggles, 49 Orc Shaman; Tregor, semi-un-retired Druid.

Terenas (all retired): 60 Druid; 60 Shaman. (Not very creative with my character selection, am I?!Wink
Quote:A wee warning for one and all. CTRaid (updated for 2.03) was causing issues with my target frame disappearing when I changed targets in combat. YMMV, but thought I should bring it up.:)

CT mods broken upon patch release, even though said patch was able to be tested on PTR? I'm completely shocked!

Oh, how the mighty have fallen ...
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Quote:CT mods broken upon patch release, even though said patch was able to be tested on PTR? I'm completely shocked!
People still use CTRaid?

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
A post on worldofwar.net's forums showing pictures of the portal openning event. I guess there's more to it, though, according to other posters.

http://forums.worldofwar.net/showthread.php?t=384790
Quote:People still use CTRaid?

-Bolty
Before today's patch, I had gone back to CTRaidassist and it was working. However, there was only one reason I had gone back to it from sRaidFrames - being able to see the buff time remaining by hovering the cursor over the icon. Do any of the other raid frames offer this function?
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
People thought me crazy for keeping a Mulgore Alpha Wolf for 37 levels. People told me to go get a cat.

People laughed at me when I taught my pet Dash and specced BM to Intimidation.

People aren't laughing when I Conc shot a flag runner, then let my pet's superior speed stop them for long enough for me to get close enough to shoot them in the head. People aren't laughing that I've synthesised a pet that's viable in PvE and PvP. Muah.

So what that I'll never get Silencing Shot? I'm versatile, man.
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
Quote:Early 2.0, no matter what Blizzard claims, has shown Weapon Skill for melee to basically equate to special skills now. That is, .24% hit instead of .04% hit as a bonus. So for 2 talent points, you basically get 2.4% hit and .4% crit. Which would be nice if hit didn't cap out. But since, even lacking Precision, my specials have not missed in over a year, the usefulness of extra hit that deep in the Combat tree is suspect at best.

+hit is still pretty useful if your specials don't miss. +2.4 hit and +0.4crit is something like a 2% damage increase for 2 points. This seems in line with what it should be.

You always seem disappointed by ~1% damage increase per point, but this is pretty close to what it is for most of the DPS adder talents.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
Quote:But why only 20MP5? Even if you only have 300 spirit (which any priest or druid who can get their hands on 3 pieces of T2 has) it is 33 MP5.
Thing is, 20 mp/5 works while you're not casting, too.

It's pretty hard for Blizzard to balance that. My Priest lost about 17-18 mp/5 while casting in a raid environment, but then again, she gains 20 mp/5 while not casting. Depending on how much time I spend in the FSR, it's either a boon or a nerf.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Quote:Thing is, 20 mp/5 works while you're not casting, too.

Ah... that must be it. I didn't consider that the old bonus helped you not at all while in regen. If I use my general estimate that I am about 60% casting, the 20 looks about right.

Thanks Bolty.
Quote:A wee warning for one and all. CTRaid (updated for 2.03) was causing issues with my target frame disappearing when I changed targets in combat. YMMV, but thought I should bring it up.:)

A bigger warning: The default Raid Frames don't target properly at all. I don't know if the CTRaid problems are the same problem (I don't use CT anything anymore), sounds like they might be, but other third party raid frames do reportedly work.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.h...=63757216&sid=1
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.h...=63887014&sid=1
The Blizzard target frame can't be brought up in combat, it's not CTRA.

You can kind of hack around the raid UI problems: if you want to promote someone, until they patch it, use:

/script PromoteToAssistant("CharacterNamee")

Where you duplicate the last letter of the character name, i.e. Tuftearss, Lirdalyss, Dufff.