small healing spec question
hey guys its cyo. I already have a spec picked out for tbc once at lvl 70. I just want to hear the opinions of people as to whether i should add into reflective shield which reflects 50% of dmg with 5 points into the talent, or put 5 points into mental agility which lowers the mana use of instant cast spells by 10%. would like to hear peoples thoughts. Keep in mind this is what i would use for instances/raiding.

thank you
In the context of Reflective Shield for raiding/instancing:

The best uses of a shield in PvE are:
  • Preemptively protect against damage (preshield)<>
  • "OH CRAP!!!!!"<>
  • When your target is mortal striked (hmmm, should that be mortal stricken? It can't be "stricken with Mortal Strike...". Mortally Stricken? I think that's it. ;)<>
  • Assisting when healing AoErs, especially channeling ones<>
    [st]
    In none of these do I see the relatively small amount of damage added as very useful. I've tried to dream up new ways to use the shield given this ability, but without success. The DPM is not very good as a damage dealer.

But for PvP -- Reflective Shield is very nice.

So my recommendation is to get Reflective Shield if you PvP, and Mental Agility if you do not (given just those two choices).
One of our priests finds it useful on web wrapped people during the Maexxna encounter. In the long run you'll probably appreciate the mana reduction from Mental Agility more though.

Chris
Previous posters summed it up. Reflective Shield for PvP, Mental Agility for PvE.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.