Recount advice sought
Recount is the best meter that I know of, but I find it frustrating. I can't find any setting to make it differentiate between friend and foe, and Recount does not do a very good job of differentiating classes. I can often tell what class someone is by looking at their attacks, and can usually tell what faction by looking at who the person is healing or attacking. It would be nice if the addon could do this for me. In my experience Recount identifies the class for about half to two thirds of the people in the chart. There may not be enough data in the log to tell Alliance from Horde, but it should be possible to tell if someone is on my side or not.

If someone is fighting on my side, but not in my raid or group, the only details I have are in relation to what they do to others. I don't know how to make these people show up in the chart.

The detail windows (i.e. for damage, healing, deaths, etc.) are too narrow. Names are truncated. I would like to know if there is a way to make these windows wider.

The program also does not seem to do a very good job a syching with other players, and the area over which it collects data is too small. There is/was a WoW command to expand the distance over which combat data is logged. Some time ago I experimented with that and did not notice any difference. Some things I've read suggest damage meters set the range to maximum anyhow.

Is there any way to configure recount to overcome these limitations? Or is there another addon that might do a better job?

"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
From what I have gathered, Recount is more for 5-man party data and raid data. PvP data is not what it is designed for (although it can do it). I unfortunately do not know of an add-on outside of WWS or something that does what Recount does, and once again I believe that is mostly for raiding as well.

The synching issue is one of those things that everyone always complains about and I have no way of knowing how it can be fixed short of having access to the server data itself ;-)