I am posting this from my Wii!
It's Christmas Eve, and my family opened presents tonight. Now I am browsing the internet on my Wii. Typing with a Wii remote is odd.

My son kicked my ass at Wii boxing:(
Yeah, it's taking FOREVER to type this from my Wii.

...but it's fun!
See you in Town,
-Z
Quote:It's Christmas Eve, and my family opened presents tonight. Now I am browsing the internet on my Wii. Typing with a Wii remote is odd.

Probably less odd than trying to type with your weewee, though.

-Lemmy
Quote:Probably less odd than trying to type with your weewee, though.

-Lemmy

Anecdote: I work in a store that sells Wiis and a lady was calling me every day asking if we had any Nintendo "weewees" in stock. I enjoyed her daily phone call because I liked telling her "No I'm sorry I don't have a weewee right now. Maybe tomorrow I'll get a weewee", or "I had a weewee yesterday, but someone grabbed it and it went pretty quickly", and even "There were a whole pile of weewees here yesterday, but you had to be here pretty early to get your hands on a weewee."

I am wiisily amused.
Quote:It's Christmas Eve, and my family opened presents tonight. Now I am browsing the internet on my Wii. Typing with a Wii remote is odd.

My son kicked my ass at Wii boxing:(

Lucky bastard... I havent been able to secure one yet! My poor kids will have to be happy with an $350.00 EBX gift card until after teh xmas season is up and there ae more Wii's available.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
Here's a cellphone video of my son playing Wii boxing in his Bob the Builder jammies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwbBcKUnO6g

He has so much fun with it :wub:
Quote:I havent been able to secure one yet! My poor kids will have to be happy with an $350.00 EBX gift card until after the xmas season is up and there ae more Wii's available.

I'm going to try again this week. I really hate the idea of giving my kids an xmas present AFTER xmas, which I suppose is the reason the Wii's are selling on Ebay for $600+.... However, I [hope] that since Christmas is over, this will be the end of the maddness and I can simply stroll into a game store without having to wait in line 2-3 hours before opening to secure my sons Wii. Is this just a dream? I'm not sure, but I will find out today when I make some phone calls. If my luck is really bad, Wii's won't become readily available for another two-months and between then, all the kids who didn't get the Wii got gift certificates and will be waiting in line at 4:00-AM waiting for the damn thing! Oh boy, there will be a riot in my house if I don't get it soon... Wish me luck!
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
Quote:I'm going to try again this week. I really hate the idea of giving my kids an xmas present AFTER xmas, which I suppose is the reason the Wii's are selling on Ebay for $600+.... However, I [hope] that since Christmas is over, this will be the end of the maddness and I can simply stroll into a game store without having to wait in line 2-3 hours before opening to secure my sons Wii. Is this just a dream?

There are piles of people in the same boat as you, as in they gave the promise of a Wii for Christmas instead of a Wii. I'll bet that demand will remain really high for awhile yet.

There is another thing going against you, and that is families gathering for Christmas and playing someone's Wii. I had 21 family members over for a belated Christmas dinner today, and they all marveled at how completely awesome the Wii is. Everyone wanted to make Miis and swing the Wiimote around while playing Wii Sports. Many of them had never played a console game before, but everyone had a blast. We all looked like spastic idiots, but I've never seen so many people laughing so hard while having a great time. I'm pretty sure at least 5 of them are now serious about tracking down a Wii, so you'll have to compete with them now.

Quote:Oh boy, there will be a riot in my house if I don't get it soon... Wish me luck!

Would you be upset if I told you I managed to get a second Wii today?:D

I found one in a store just after they received a shipment, and after a quick phone call to my father-in-law I bought it. He really had a blast playing Wii Sports and he definitely wanted one. He sounded pretty excited that I was able to find one for him.

I also scored myself an extra Wii remote and Nunchuk. My son and I played some 2 player boxing, tennis, baseball, and bowling tonight while mommy looked on. It was a lot of fun.