The Zin Army
A guild mate pointed me to this:

The Zin Army
Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm!
Quote:A guild mate pointed me to this:

The Zin Army
Cleoboltra's had the personal honor of getting completely annihilated by this man on a few occassions.

What a guy. :)

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Sadly I've not bumped into them yet. I'd like to get hit by 4 Insta-Pyroblasts sometime.
Currently enjoying liberating the land of Sanctuary

[Image: arethor.jpg]
Stormrage - US (Inactive)
I'm already an assist train in battlegrounds. I'd hate to experience it at that level. :blink:
I got to fight him once in AV with my mage. I only had about 30 minutes to play when I got in, so I decided to play some defense. So I started at stonehearth, defending a normal attack. A few minutes in all of a sudden there was an insane amount of AOE at the flag and all the alliance just crumbled, and the flag was tapped. I did even see what hit us.

So then we started fighting back and forth at the stonehearth tower on the road. That is when I noticed 4 identical mages and a priest standing on the hill just annihilating people. It was pretty funny, because most people would die to one volley of fireballs. I doubt they even saw it coming, just BAM! dead. People in the BG started picking up who it was and complaining a little. But I think it was mostly because the horde where winning this AV:).

I didn't get to stay on much longer. I made a few suicide runs at him just for fun. I tried to focus on his priest before he focused on me. I think I might have killed his priest once in 4-5 tries. What did work well is when he was on the move was to sheep his priest. Then me and a few alliance would take him:). What didn't work was group up and have 4 mages blink in, blastwave, and AEO everything flat:lol:.
[Image: 21740hrsxL.png]

The Zin Army

Not run into him, but that is impressive.

If I had a better room layout I could do some dual boxing pretty easily with my machine and Treesh's machine. I did actually dual box Firemaw on my hunter and her shaman (she was on MT healing so didn't really have to move and I could monitor the MT's health from my machine while moving the hunter around). But the way we pretty much have to set up the room and lack of any wireless keyboards makes it very very hard to do this for me as I can pretty much only see from my machine

I'm impressed by what he does, and I don't think it's that unfair. He pretty much sits out of progression PvE content, but takes the group to farm stuff, I don't mind that too much though it does potentially take slots from 4 other people. Since he plays horde I don't see him really taking spots from people in BG's either. Horde pretty much always had instant queues. I can't see him really hurring the effectivnesss of a BG team either. In fact he should actually help because you have 5 toons that while somewhat limited are at least coordinated and 5 coordinated toons really helps one side in PvP.

5 other players coordinating should still be able to take him down (get some CC out and focus him down). Killing any one of the team really starts to cut his effectiveness. As you not only lose that power, but it means you start dividing his attention with dealing with rez's and regrouping. But I imagine very few people get the drop on him. :) And that much focus'd fire will really really hurt. :)
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Hyper-radiant Flame Deflector!
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
There was a guy on Malygos who 3-boxed with a triple threat of hunters. Only ran into him a few times but he was very annoying. At the time he had the bat pet with the silence effect I believe..

Ping-Ping-Ping (bats attack)
3 Hunters Marks go up
3 Aimed Shots hit you

Beating that takes a bit of creativity. You could have some fun mind controlling Zin's priest for instance. (Particularly if he's in the middle of some serious AOE spammage).

Chris

The Zin Army

I've run into Xzin a number of times in the battlegrounds. He's not that hard to counter: just fear the priest, poly a mage, or do anything to break the sync (like Psychic Scream), and the characters are thereafter about as effective as about one-fifth of a player.

His real genius was in rolling Horde, thereby ensuring that the majority of his opponents would be clueless morons with minimal understanding of game mechanics or actual tactics. I've seen 20-30 players charge into the shredder and come out as a fine mist, completely unable to even formulate the concept of a counter.
Quote:I've run into Xzin a number of times in the battlegrounds. He's not that hard to counter: just fear the priest, poly a mage, or do anything to break the sync (like Psychic Scream), and the characters are thereafter about as effective as about one-fifth of a player.

His real genius was in rolling Horde, thereby ensuring that the majority of his opponents would be clueless morons with minimal understanding of game mechanics or actual tactics. I've seen 20-30 players charge into the shredder and come out as a fine mist, completely unable to even formulate the concept of a counter.

Xzin is on the same server as my alliance characters. My friends and I have seen him around since we played in Open Beta. He has just a touch of ego about his multi-boxing...;). Maybe he's improved his arrangement, I think he makes extensive use of /follow, thus his weakness to fear bombs.

Like Skandranon, I disagree with the assertion that he's some kind of gameplay genius--he's a keyboard/UI mod genius, perhaps. His tactics are mainly 4x[instant cast mage spell du jour]. I'll be interested to see how he sorts out in the arena system, since TBC will be nerfing that with the increase in stamina and the downscaling of AoE vs. multiple opponents. Please refresh my memory: Can WoTF break sap?
Quote:Can WoTF break sap?

No. Only charm, fear and sleep mechanics.
You don't know what you're talking about.
Quote:His tactics are mainly 4x[instant cast mage spell du jour].
... refresh my memory: Can WoTF break sap?

Then again, if you're a solo rogue, would you really survive the 4x pyro? 5x Coordinated characters is still damn impressive. It is preferable to have 5 players, but I'm glad a Horde player was able to pull it off. Also, who really has the advantage? 6+ total coordinated toons via 2+ players or 2-5 toons on equal players?

I'm glad I don't need 5 accounts to do the same thing on Guild Wars Nightfall. Say hello to Heroes and Hero Battles.
Quote:Then again, if you're a solo rogue, would you really survive the 4x pyro? 5x Coordinated characters is still damn impressive. It is preferable to have 5 players, but I'm glad a Horde player was able to pull it off. Also, who really has the advantage? 6+ total coordinated toons via 2+ players or 2-5 toons on equal players?

I'm glad I don't need 5 accounts to do the same thing on Guild Wars Nightfall. Say hello to Heroes and Hero Battles.

Oh, a solo (and spotted) rogue is toast, I agree*. My musing was about 5v5 arena fights, where rogues tend to open with sap on a healer or other significant non-paladin support target.

*Well, until Cloak of Shadows is a trainable ability, at least.