Attack Power Bonus on Items
I've noticed that there are two types of attack power in WoW/TBC - melee and ranged - but that many items have just a "power" or "attack power" bonus, i.e. the new craftable Felscale Armor Set in TBC.

Does that attack power bonus apply to both melee and ranged? Would it make sense for a Hunter to choose the Elemental Leatherworking path to get the epic craftable Primalstrike Set, or is this a Rogue/Cat Druid set because its attack power bonus is melee only?

Last but not least, is there a difference between WoW and the upcoming TBC how attack power is being handled?
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
Quote:I've noticed that there are two types of attack power in WoW/TBC - melee and ranged - but that many items have just a "power" or "attack power" bonus, i.e. the new craftable Felscale Armor Set in TBC.

Does that attack power bonus apply to both melee and ranged? Would it make sense for a Hunter to choose the Elemental Leatherworking path to get the epic craftable Primalstrike Set, or is this a Rogue/Cat Druid set because its attack power bonus is melee only?

The attack power on item like the ones you linked will apply to both melee and ranged. I would not really want the Primalstrike Set for my hunter since the armor is so low (gives a poor bonus to the pet). Also the set bonus is not particularly useful to a hunter in my opinion.
Quote:The attack power on item like the ones you linked will apply to both melee and ranged. I would not really want the Primalstrike Set for my hunter since the armor is so low (gives a poor bonus to the pet). Also the set bonus is not particularly useful to a hunter in my opinion.
Thanks, I'll consider your opinion:)

I might go Elemental LW with my new Druid, though, since I want to make him pure Feral (melee).

So, if attack is ranged-only, it will be listed as such on the item (i.e. +X ranged attack power), right?
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
Yeah, the Primalstrike isn't that useful to pretty much anyone in BWL mail pieces or above. There's not a lot offered on the set to want it over anything else you may already have.

Yes, if attack is ranged only, it will say +Ranged Attack Power.
~Not all who wander are lost...~