Searching For SP Sigon
Hey, i've decided to cut back down to single player mode, and i've been working on a melee barb. I wanted to know if there were any locations that (based on ilvl or some other factor) tended to drop more of sigon's set, or if norm Baal runs were the only real way to practically farm it. P.S. i currently only have about 90% MF gear.
If you're starting all over in Single Player again, you're better off starting in v1.06 Classic Diablo2.

-Much easier to gamble for sets/uniques (especially if you're head-hunting for certain sets/uniques), and
-WW for Barb's in Classic Diablo 2 ignores weapon speed, so WW is very useful especially on polearms.

You can upgrade to D2X after you've gotten all your normal Unique/Set items, and maybe some nice rares too...
Quote:If you're starting all over in Single Player again, you're better off starting in v1.06 Classic Diablo2.

-Much easier to gamble for sets/uniques (especially if you're head-hunting for certain sets/uniques), and
-WW for Barb's in Classic Diablo 2 ignores weapon speed, so WW is very useful especially on polearms.
You can upgrade to D2X after you've gotten all your normal Unique/Set items, and maybe some nice rares too...
Yea, that might've been a good idea, but i'm lvl 51 in act 2 of Nm.
My full equip is as follows: Rockfleece, Fleshrender, sigon boots/inferno stride (depending on what i want to resist) +2 combat skills helm, crappy rare belt, cathans ring, decent rare ring.

My hire is from norm a2 with goldskin armor and a superior partizan with a chipped saph in it.

My base skills are 17 mm, 3 inc.sp, 2 nres, 8 ironskin, 8 ww, and 11 LA (for boss duals b4 i have any real chance of beating him fairly, i'd just leap attack over and over from range; it's the 1st way i ever beat sp diablo and i was only clvl 25.)

I know it's a bit late for sigon, but if i can jsut get the belt and gloves, thats 10% leach, 30 ias, and 50mf (boots).

I'm open to any suggestions, not just sigon related, but if anyone knows the optimal location for gothic TC to drop i'd be greatly obliged.
If you only play on your own computer and don't trade with anyone, you can:

A) start a new character in Classic Diablo 2, fight/gamble your way to a Saigon Shield.

B)upgrade your character to D2X same version as your level 51 Barb.

C) use ATMA to add your Saigon Shield back to your level 51 Barb. voila!

Note: For Classic sets items i believe you don't get the partial set bonuses, (i think) but having a D2X Saigon glove, D2X Saigon boots, and a Classic Diablo 2 Saigon Shield counts as 3 set items, so your glove/boots should give you "3 set item" bonuses (eg: 50% MF for your D2X Saigon boots).