Wii vs. PS3 Commercial
Just got a kick out of this after a discussion of the two consoles: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QP2o-S_aRNw
See you in Town,
-Z
Quote:Just got a kick out of this after a discussion of the two consoles: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QP2o-S_aRNw
I bet the Wii runs off with the hunk at the beach too, whereas the PS3 wants you to convert to Wicca. That commercial sort of backfires on me. It makes me want a PS3 I could have a conversation with, rather than a cliche bimbo. But, it is a funny play on the Apple vs IBM commercial.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Quote:I bet the Wii runs off with the hunk at the beach too, whereas the PS3 wants you to convert to Wicca. That commercial sort of backfires on me. It makes me want a PS3 I could have a conversation with, rather than a cliche bimbo. But, it is a funny play on the Apple vs IBM commercial.

Ditto. I guess its an unintentional side effect of wanting to associate more with the other product that is the one being advertised, in the same way the PC seems to come out on top in the Mac vs PC commercials. Ironic...? :P

So, in regards to the console themselves, I had the chance to play with someone's Wii this past Friday, and it was a blast. Managed to pull a few muscle, though, because bowling and boxing without any of the weight and resistance wasn't what my body was expecting.

I'm expecting to purchase myself a Wii once I'm out of the poor house, and the credit card is paid off.
Quote:Ditto. I guess its an unintentional side effect of wanting to associate more with the other product that is the one being advertised, in the same way the PC seems to come out on top in the Mac vs PC commercials. Ironic...? :P

Mac Gamer
I'm sure Wii didn't make that commercial....

they're ad'ing a family machine, and close-ups of boobs and butt is counter to that.

Quote:Ditto. I guess its an unintentional side effect of wanting to associate more with the other product that is the one being advertised, in the same way the PC seems to come out on top in the Mac vs PC commercials. Ironic...? :P

So, in regards to the console themselves, I had the chance to play with someone's Wii this past Friday, and it was a blast. Managed to pull a few muscle, though, because bowling and boxing without any of the weight and resistance wasn't what my body was expecting.

I'm expecting to purchase myself a Wii once I'm out of the poor house, and the credit card is paid off.
Quote:Just got a kick out of this after a discussion of the two consoles: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QP2o-S_aRNw

The skimpy one looks like she'd use the wiimote as a wiildo.

-Lemmy
Quote:I'm sure Wii didn't make that commercial....

they're ad'ing a family machine, and close-ups of boobs and butt is counter to that.
And, pray tell, how does one go about creating a family?;)

Then again, these are the sorts of guys who give up work and relationships in order to wait three November nights in front of a store only to find out that they're patron >#31 against a shipment of 30 machines, then end up paying $9000 for one on eBay. Not the sort who can easily wear the mantle of breadwinner in a household.
Political Correctness is the idea that you can foster tolerance in a diverse world through the intolerance of anything that strays from a clinical standard.
Quote:And, pray tell, how does one go about creating a family?;)

Then again, these are the sorts of guys who give up work and relationships in order to wait three November nights in front of a store only to find out that they're patron >#31 against a shipment of 30 machines, then end up paying $9000 for one on eBay. Not the sort who can easily wear the mantle of breadwinner in a household.
Bitter? :lol:
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Quote:Bitter? :lol:
No. Possessing some measure of self-control when it comes to electronic doohickeys.

Regarding my priorities, centering my life's pursuits around a heartless glowing box ranks pretty low on the sliding scale (tasks sitting higher up on the scale include learning medieval swordsmanship, perfecting time travel, and finding a temporal-transit technician who looks like Charlize Theron in a short, slim lab coat).
Political Correctness is the idea that you can foster tolerance in a diverse world through the intolerance of anything that strays from a clinical standard.

At least Ms. PS3 won't wreck your new TV? www.wiihaveaproblem.com
Garnered Wisdom --

If it has more than four legs, kill it immediately.
Never hesitate to put another bullet into the skull of the movie's main villain; it'll save time on the denouement.
Eight hours per day of children's TV programming can reduce a grown man to tears -- PM me for details.
Quote:At least Ms. PS3 won't wreck your new TV? www.wiihaveaproblem.com
Not acting like a complete tard kinda helps with that too.
Hugs are good, but smashing is better! - Clarence<!--sizec--><!--/sizec-->
Quote:No. Possessing some measure of self-control when it comes to electronic doohickeys.

, perfecting time travel, and finding a temporal-transit technician who looks like Charlize Theron in a short, slim lab coat).
:lol: And how successful you shall be ! You will come back to this very thread a few years from now and share a laugh with me .... :whistling:

This post has been edited by TaMeOlta : Dec 12 2010, 02:38 AM
Stormrage :
SugarSmacks / 90 Shammy -Elemental
TaMeKaboom/ 90 Hunter - BM
TaMeOsis / 90 Paladin - Prot
TaMeAgeddon/ 85 Warlock - Demon
TaMeDazzles / 85 Mage- Frost
FrostDFlakes / 90 Rogue
TaMeOlta / 85 Druid-resto
Quote:Not acting like a complete tard kinda helps with that too.

Alas, we ARE talking about gamers, here...
Garnered Wisdom --

If it has more than four legs, kill it immediately.
Never hesitate to put another bullet into the skull of the movie's main villain; it'll save time on the denouement.
Eight hours per day of children's TV programming can reduce a grown man to tears -- PM me for details.
Quote:Alas, we ARE talking about gamers, here...
Nothing's foolproof. They never give up.
Quote:At least Ms. PS3 won't wreck your new TV? www.wiihaveaproblem.com

I'm going to erect a shield of lexan in front of my TV before I start playing my Wii.
Quote:I'm going to erect a shield of lexan in front of my TV before I start playing my Wii.

Eh, just get one of these.
Quote:Eh, just get one of these.
Cool. I can see Nintendo's marketing getting on to this with a variety of "speciality" Wiimotes and wriststraps to cater to the goth/S&M crowd.
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
Quote:And, pray tell, how does one go about creating a family?;)

Generally with something other than boobs and butt?

--me