Terenas - Post Patch PvP night?
With patch date looking like it's solidly the 5th, I figure I'm not alone in wanting to grab some honor for some of the PvP shinys. There are several that would even be significant tanking upgrades for Conc before I would work on the alts.

This post is trying to feel out interest on taking a mid-week night to have some fun with PvP.

Patch night is not going to be a good night for sure, I know I won't have my mods sorted that day. Sounds like Discord may lag way behind, so I'm looking at going with another unit frame / action bar mod like ACE that has a TBC version ready to go now.

so I'm targeting one of the following dates:
Dec 7th, 12th or 14th (Tuesdays and Thursdays).

I would prefer to use Conc, but will switch to priest if we have a bunch of interested DPSers and are short on healers.

If interested please indicatethe following:
1) possible date available
2) the BG you are most in need of marks from for the PvP piece you most desire.

For reference, the marks are used for:
AB: 1H weapons, off-hand items, Chest, boots, shoulders + all the current AB rep rewards
AV: 2H weapons, ranged weapons, Head, gloves + all the current AV rep rewards
WSG: Pants + all the current WSG rep rewards

It looks like the primary limiting factor will be honor, but I'm figuring if we have an orgnaized group, that marks will be easier to come by, so we may as well hit the BGs people most need marks from.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
I am currently planning on pursuing one of the nice 1 handed rank 14 weapons. I have 11 AB marks already, so will be primarily pursuing honor. My problem is that while I get significant playing time in the later evenings, From a schedule standpoint, I really think it will be hit and miss, as I can't be counted on for much besides raiding on Monday. I will try to hook up with you in game when we are both on for some PvP as much as possible.
------------Terenas------------
Dagorthan – Level 85 Blood Knight
Turothan – Level 83 Blood Knight
Sarothan – Level 62 Blood Knight
Durambar – Level 82 Warrior
Strifemourne – Level 80 Death Knight
I'd definitely be interested in getting some PvP action in with Adirra. If she can find an upgrade for her pants or shoulders... even better! I'm going to guess that the 12th (Tuesday) will work best for me, personally.
-TheDragoon
Quote:If interested please indicatethe following:
1) possible date available
2) the BG you are most in need of marks from for the PvP piece you most desire.

Necrali will be occupying some of her time with PvP post-patch (I've almost completed mining skillup and beyond 3 piece Transcendence and Nefarian I've nothing else to accomplish until TBC).

Since I hate grinds of all kinds, I'm going to play a few matches and gauge how difficult it will be to get honor, then decide whether or not to go for it. I'm looking at the High Warlord's Spellblade (1h weapon).

1) Not Wednesdays, Sundays (ZG), Mondays (if I can play it'll be BWL) or Fridays (BWL). Probably an organized evening I could make on another day (Christmas season does have me with a fuller schedule than normal).

2) AB. I've only got one mark.

I'm not exactly a PvP veteran, but I do know how to heal and I'm at my best in an organized group.
I want the armor set on Mogo so really, any BG would be fine. Tuesdays would probably be better than Thursdays so I can kill Ony for a chance at that blasted hat, but if Thursdays work out better for most folks, I can scrap Onys. It's not like I make that many of them right now anyway.:)

I'm short on heal spells though so you may have to bring your priest. >.> <.<
Intolerant monkey.
Marn and Kati both have stuff they want.

Kati will want the whole purple armor set eventually as well as a few of the weapons.

Marn would like a couple of the high warlord's weapons. And some of the purple gear would be upgrades too, but what exactly I want could depend on if I get any other T2 pieces. So I'll be popping in and out of PvP with them.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Quote:Kati will want the whole purple armor set eventually as well as a few of the weapons.

Marn would like a couple of the high warlord's weapons.

Just an FYI, they increased the honor amounts compared to what was in the TBC betas. It's looking like almost 200,000 honor for the full purple set + a 2H weapon or 2 1H items. At the honor values on the test realm, that would be the equivalent of about 2 million honor in the current system, or about 7-8 weeks of PvPing at my highest rate on the way to rank 11 (250-300k per week).

You may want to narrow your focus a bit given the TBC release date is only about 6 weeks from the patch date. The PvP purples will be easier to get than they are now, for sure, but the full set + weapon(s) before TBC will still require a pretty serious commitment.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Quote:Just an FYI, they increased the honor amounts compared to what was in the TBC betas. It's looking like almost 200,000 honor for the full purple set + a 2H weapon or 2 1H items. At the honor values on the test realm, that would be the equivalent of about 2 million honor in the current system, or about 7-8 weeks of PvPing at my highest rate on the way to rank 11 (250-300k per week).

You may want to narrow your focus a bit given the TBC release date is only about 6 weeks from the patch date. The PvP purples will be easier to get than they are now, for sure, but the full set + weapon(s) before TBC will still require a pretty serious commitment.

I know. And I have a planned order for getting the stuff, but I'm not worried about marks, just the honor for it and I'm actually more concerned about getting Kati gear (since she doesn't have access to raid gear) than I'm getting the weapons for Marn or any of the other stuff.

But even with how much better gear is available in TBC, I'll still be doing the odd PvP for the current gear as some of it likely will still not be replaced till L62 or beyond and Mogo and Marn will level together, and I don't want Kati to outlevel Marn so if I want to play and progress her, PvP will be one of the best options still. :)
---
Well, my knowledge concerning the new PvP stuff is very limited. My schedule lately has been nutty enough that I haven't done any reading up on anything, but I do know that my PvP interest now is mostly centered around my rogue, Ooh. She's not quite level 47, and I've been working on levelling her up, but she's the one that I hope to outfit with PvP gear. She currently has the bracers, boots, belts, and daggers via WSG and AB. She is maxed on rep with WSG, and I bought her the gear already for the higher levels. I also have a pair of purple pants waiting for her at 60. She is also Revered with AB, and I have purchased the gear I can via that as well, but she'll be needing better daggers. Lobotomizer is something I hope to get for her.

As for the other toons I have, Fazuul already has good gear, at least good enough to begin the push for TBC gear when it hits. Gorkuk may benefit from some PvP gear, but I don't think I'll do too much with him in that regard. However, I'm always up for some good Lurker PvP action. I believe we could do alot of good as a Lurker group in any given battleground, so I'd be up for taking any of my toons for that. Right now I don't have a good night I can predict on...this new business adventure is full of too many unknowns to predict, but if I'm on, I'm game.
VoiceMan

Terenas:
Bloodmourne - 85 Blood Elf Death Knight <Lurkers>
Vreeslik - 85 Undead Warlock <Lurkers>
Fazuul - 70 Tauren Druid <Lurkers>
Ooh - 70 Troll Rogue <Lurkers>
Gorkuk- 63 Orc Hunter <Lurkers>
Rojaal - 70 Blood Elf Paladin <Lurkers>

I've always PvP enough to hold on to Stone Guard but not enough to really go for any rank. I really enjoy all the games and it would be a rush to do it as a Lurker team.
Terenas
Yuri - Mage/Arcane 85 Undead
Thirdrail - Shaman/Resto 85 Tauren
Vicstull - Rogue/Subtlety 85 Troll
Penten - Priest/Discipline 85 Blood Elf
Storage guild Bassomatic
Okay for me, I think I'm looking at Thursday this week and Tuesday next week right now.

I think I have my mods lined up for tomorrow, but I'm going under the assumption that there will still be patch related issues.

Now I seek some opinions --
If you guys go in do you want to:
1) scout for PUGs to maximize honor gain
2) play for fun and take whoever we get

I'm more inclined to choose 2) but will go with the flow if people just want to try for the honor to get item X ASAP.
Quote:Okay for me, I think I'm looking at Thursday this week and Tuesday next week right now.

I think I have my mods lined up for tomorrow, but I'm going under the assumption that there will still be patch related issues.

I'm more inclined to choose 2) but will go with the flow if people just want to try for the honor to get item X ASAP.

I do want Item X, but I'd much rather do 2.
Intolerant monkey.
Quote:Okay for me, I think I'm looking at Thursday this week and Tuesday next week right now.

We can "half ass" #1. queue for AB and WSG go to one or the other first and if we see a premade jump ship. That isn't too big a deal to do.
---