Diablo 1 Lazarus' Lair
I don't know if you can help with this or not.

I was in level 15.. I went through the RED portal to get to Archbishop =
Lazarus..I did not finish the task because I needed supplies (items) so =
I used a Town Portal scroll..I got my supplies and returned to Lazarus' =
Liar but couldn't get into the last prison cell of hell spawn even =
though I found all 3 grey circles. I then returned to town then went =
back to level 15...

Now my problem... The RED portal is no longer there so I can;t return to =
his lair and there is no entrance to a level 16. The game is now at a =
stand still and I was wondering does this mean I screwed up totally and =
I can no longer play the game or is there some secret entrance I can use =
so I can keep playing the game.?

Please tell me there is some way I can continue to play. thank you
It sounds like you have been bitten by an old bug. You need to patch the game. You can download patches from http://ftp.blizzard.com/pub/diablo/patches/

The current patch is 1.09 (drtl109 for the PC retail version). Diablo has not had much of any gameplay changes, but playing the current patch will help to eliminate some annoying problems like this.
Quote:It sounds like you have been bitten by an old bug. You need to patch the game. You can download patches from http://ftp.blizzard.com/pub/diablo/patches/

The current patch is 1.09 (drtl109 for the PC retail version). Diablo has not had much of any gameplay changes, but playing the current patch will help to eliminate some annoying problems like this.
I just wanted to thank you very much for the information.... It looks like i can play again. :)
Not related much to the topic, however I can't seem to
start a new one, so a few questions to the community:

I've recently returned to play Diablo I, and after a
couple of weeks I started doing Lazarus runs on Hell
difficulty to get some cool items. I managed to find a lot
of great stuff, however no Naj's Light Plate drops. I am
not sure how many runs I did, but I remember getting
items like Demonspike Coat and The Grandfather 20+
times already, and I've pretty much seen all the unique
armor drops a couple of times, but not the Naj's Light
Plate. So the question would be if there some known issue
with its droprate, or just a bit of bad luck on this side?
Maybe there is a better place to farm for this drop?

Also does anyone know a mod which enables you to check
all the stuff that is on the ground? (Similar to what the key
"alt" does in Diablo II)

Finally, a question that people won't like, but I'd be interested
in this one: Is it considered a big cheat if I change the skin
of an item I acquired legitly? (I want to change the armor type
of the Naj's Light plate [if it ever drops] to Mail armor, because
I like the Mail skin on Sorceror much more than the Plate one.
It's basically just a graphics modification).

Thanks in advance for the replies!
Quote:Finally, a question that people won't like, but I'd be interested
in this one: Is it considered a big cheat if I change the skin
of an item I acquired legitly? (I want to change the armor type
of the Naj's Light plate [if it ever drops] to Mail armor, because
I like the Mail skin on Sorceror much more than the Plate one.
It's basically just a graphics modification).

As best I can recall, the appearance of your armor has no effect on your character's performance (block rate, hit recovery rate, etc.), and if you do it right, it should have no effect on the experience of other players in the game. One of the common tests for "cheating vs. not cheating" is whether the proposed change has any effect on gameplay. If the game plays in exactly the same way with and without the change, then I see no problem with this.

I suggest making the change by modifying the graphic string selector to always select medium armor instead of looking at what the player is actually wearing. Some additional work may be needed to avoid having it modify the appearance of your companions.
Hi,

Quote:Not related much to the topic, however I can't seem to
start a new one,
That's because, to reduce spam, a member's first post can't start a new thread.

Quote:I've recently returned to play Diablo I, and after a
couple of weeks I started doing Lazarus runs on Hell
difficulty to get some cool items.
You'll get the same items on Laz runs on all three difficulties, so you might be wasting some effort here. Check out this link for a nice table of where to get max experience with least effort. Odds are you could be doing Nightmare Laz runs without losing a thing.

Quote:So the question would be if there some known issue
with its droprate, or just a bit of bad luck on this side?
Maybe there is a better place to farm for this drop?
Just bad luck. Or the 'Murphy effect'. You should be seeing NAJ in about one game in forty. See the table in 3.11.1.

Quote:Also does anyone know a mod which enables you to check
all the stuff that is on the ground? (Similar to what the key
"alt" does in Diablo II)
Never saw one, would like it.

Quote:Is it considered a big cheat if I change the skin
of an item I acquired legitly?
Nope. As long as the graphics have no effect on game play, changing them makes no difference.

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

Thanks a lot for the help! Still no Naj's Light Plate though :(
I think I read in Jarulf's guide once that there is approximately 1 in 56 chance of getting most uniques like Naj's Light Plate in Hell, in consideration of going levels 13-16 and killing all enemies, looting all chests and armor and weapon stands and so forth. Don't give up, keeping going Laz runs.

Quote:Thanks a lot for the help! Still no Naj's Light Plate though :(
Hi all,

I have a different problem related to Lazarus' lair. I'm playing Diablo with the newest patch (1.09) and in Lazarus' lair there is a section that gets closed (replaced with wall) when a town portal is used to get to town and back. That section is at the bottom of the room where Lazarus spawns.

So what happened is that first I got stuck inside a wall in that section and decided to load the game. I didn't know it was a permanent glitch that has been left unfixed so the second time unfortunately Lazarus was lost inside the wall and now it seems I can't complete the game. What comes to my mind is that I could select new game and probably try to rush to lvl 15 again, but is there any other way out of this?

Thanks
Quote:Thanks a lot for the help! Still no Naj's Light Plate though :(
i know this sounds ass backwards, but every najs i have ever found im pretty sure dropped from non laz mobs(dont quote me on that), maybe try broadening your search?
Hi,

Quote:I have a different problem related to Lazarus' lair. I'm playing Diablo with the newest patch (1.09) and in Lazarus' lair there is a section that gets closed (replaced with wall) when a town portal is used to get to town and back. That section is at the bottom of the room where Lazarus spawns.
OK, so you are playing single player. It helps if you mention that since the single player and multi-player games are somewhat different. BTW, you can play multi-player solo, and in many ways, it is a better game.

Quote:So what happened is that first I got stuck inside a wall in that section and decided to load the game. I didn't know it was a permanent glitch that has been left unfixed so the second time unfortunately Lazarus was lost inside the wall and now it seems I can't complete the game. What comes to my mind is that I could select new game and probably try to rush to lvl 15 again, but is there any other way out of this?
I don't think there's a way out of this. Your basic choices are to start a new game with this same character or to start over with a new character. Taking your character back through the game will be very easy up through early caves because of the character level (clvl), the gear you have, and your experience at playing. Possibly too easy.

Good luck.

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?