Gears of War
I bought Gears of War the other day (after buying my buddy's Premium Xbox 360 for $300 because he didn't want it anymore - booyah) and I must say that I have been completely blown away. It honestly feels like no other game I have ever played... I love jumping from cover to cover, popping out and blasting Locust, then popping back down. The enemies are great and I love all the scripted scenes that take place around you.

I don't know if it is necessarily a "Halo killer" as I have seen it touted, but I have really loved it so far.
--Mith

I would rather be ashes than dust! I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry rot. I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet. The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Jack London
Quote:I bought Gears of War the other day (after buying my buddy's Premium Xbox 360 for $300 because he didn't want it anymore - booyah) and I must say that I have been completely blown away. It honestly feels like no other game I have ever played... I love jumping from cover to cover, popping out and blasting Locust, then popping back down. The enemies are great and I love all the scripted scenes that take place around you.

I don't know if it is necessarily a "Halo killer" as I have seen it touted, but I have really loved it so far.

Definitely NOT a Halo killer. Halo was the "Diablo" for console gaming. Likewise for Halo 2.

But Gears of War does rule. Totally.:D
Roland *The Gunslinger*
Quote:Definitely NOT a Halo killer. Halo was the "Diablo" for console gaming. Likewise for Halo 2.

But Gears of War does rule. Totally.:D

On a side note, the new Halo 3 trailer debuted on MNF (here to see it or it's available on the Xbox Live Marketplace) and it was killer. Halo 3 is going to make a bajillion dollars. At least.

I beat GoW and was very pleased overall. I thought that the boss fights were overly easy (although perhaps the 'Insane' difficulty will address that problem) but they were still fun - especially the Berserker sequences. I had the same issues with the story as Rhydd outlined as well. But, like I said, excellent work overall and I plan on playing it through a couple more times before trying out the multiplayer.
--Mith

I would rather be ashes than dust! I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry rot. I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet. The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Jack London
Chords of War

God I love these guys.:DFirst Chromehounds, and now Gears of War. I can't wait for the next one.:)
Roland *The Gunslinger*