Terenas - Chromaggus down
So on our 5th pull ever of the big dog, we killed him.

We also learned that lightning shield = bad since it will generate aggro just being up. That messed up pulls 3 and 4 (we did pulls 3, 4, and 5 tonight).

Pretty cool for us.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Quote:So on our 5th pull ever of the big dog, we killed him.

We also learned that lightning shield = bad since it will generate aggro just being up. That messed up pulls 3 and 4 (we did pulls 3, 4, and 5 tonight).
Pretty cool for us.

Huge congrats!
Very proud of our curers and healers on the fight. Way to go guys! You rock.:)
Intolerant monkey.
Was pretty intense on the hunter for me. Because of the way things worked out, my spot in the tranq rotation ended up having around 10 tranqs that I had to do within 1 second of him casting his breath (he had both the fire based ones). 2 of them I know I was out there hitting the tranq while he was in the process of casting. Very glad tranq is instant and can be cast on the move. :)

The MT died though because we were down to 3 hunters, it was my turn, I had bronze was out of sand and I got stunned. He was at 3% at the time so he was enraged + frenzied and 4 seconds of that pretty much means dead tank. Sand is not exactly in huge supply for us since we've only killed Ebonroc and Flamegor twice, and only done Firemaw like 4 or 5 times. So we haven't had a lot of goblin packs to drop it for us. So even only giving it to hunters, the MT, and the MT healers we still didn't have a lot.
---
Awesome job guys, wish I could have been there.

I'd just like to say after seeing the 2 pulls Friday... I called it. Monday down. I must say, having the experienced help of GG and the other people who have "been there, done that" makes a huge difference, even if it is only like 10% of the raid.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.

Pretty cool for us.

*grumble grumble grats grumble grumble*

These monday night "mystery" sessions are keeping me out of all the firsts.

If I miss out on Nefarian, me and my Shizzle's Drizzle Blocker are going to be *quite* unhappy.

:D

-Jester

Pretty cool for us.
It was so intense. I found it remarkable that we had 4 people standing at the end. Several people died after he did from his nasty DoT, but it was _that_ close to wiping at 1%. Awesome time, and the most memorable first kill for me!
------------Terenas------------
Dagorthan – Level 85 Blood Knight
Turothan – Level 83 Blood Knight
Sarothan – Level 62 Blood Knight
Durambar – Level 82 Warrior
Strifemourne – Level 80 Death Knight
Way to go, guys! I'd been wondering lately what y'all have been up to.

Quote:I must say, having the experienced help of GG and the other people who have "been there, done that" makes a huge difference, even if it is only like 10% of the raid.

Yep. Even just having a couple of folks around who know how the fight goes and what is needed who are able to share that knowledge really helps when you have a good group of folks to work with. Keep kicking butt in there!
~Not all who wander are lost...~
Quote:We also learned that lightning shield = bad since it will generate aggro just being up. That messed up pulls 3 and 4 (we did pulls 3, 4, and 5 tonight).
Woot! First thing, grats to the Terenas crew. Nef will get owned soon enough, no doubt. Truly one of the greatest moments of any raiding guild, probably second only to that first Ragnaros kill.

But...wow, interesting thing about Lightning Shield. Is that a known issue anywhere? It generated enough aggro to beat out a Bloodrage by your MT? I wonder how that works in game mechanics. We have a number of experienced Horde raiders on these boards; maybe they know something.

Good to know for TBC, when I'll start having Shammies in my raids. :) Make sure they don't use it for Nef phase 1, then!

Remember: key strat for Nef phase 2 - have your Priest cast Fear Ward on the...oh, wait, never mind. At least Blizzard will finally balance out the factions in TBC and give Fear Ward to Horde...oh wait, they won't. (WTF.)

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Awesome job! Definitely value our Lurker friends in our raids. Our little two-guild effort seems to have a lot of friends in the server as well, really...go figure =)

On lightning shield, its the same issue shammies have on Vael. There, it procs when he applies essence of the red and can pull him into the raid before the tank can aggro.

I kind of assumed that Chromaggus applied a brood affliction as he was running towards our position, which would have proc'd it. Lightning shield does more dmg than the MT would have generated through his <insert name of ability with 40 second cooldown that generates rage and therefore threat here>.

A lot of us are finding BWL trash pulls to be more fun than most of the bosses, actually, but its a good ride nonetheless.
Jormuttar is Soo Fat...
Quote:I kind of assumed that Chromaggus applied a brood affliction as he was running towards our position, which would have proc'd it.

This was my assumption too. I don't believe LS causes aggro just by being up, but since nearly anything will trigger it to proc, it is problematic in some situations.

I know Shnukums uses a mod for it -- like other buffs it may cause threat if cast while in combat, but I'm not thinking that happened.
Quote:Awesome job! Definitely value our Lurker friends in our raids. Our little two-guild effort seems to have a lot of friends in the server as well, really...go figure =)

We couldn't do it without you guys either. It's a team effort, it's a team win. Much love to our crew! Great folks and players in all of our guilds involved. Big props to our healing crew. We learn fast.:D

BTW, Chrommie is actually easier for horde than for alliance. Poison and disease cleansing totems ftw! So much easier to clear off debuffs when you can clear off an entire party of two different debuffs with just one cast. Well, two casts if you've got both poison and disease debuffing your folks at the same time.;)
Intolerant monkey.
Quote:This was my assumption too. I don't believe LS causes aggro just by being up, but since nearly anything will trigger it to proc, it is problematic in some situations.

It doesn't cause aggro just by being up. Only when it procs and possibly the act of casting, but I wouldn't swear to that. I haven't bothered testing enough to see.:)

Shnuk has learned to disable that in specific situations now. :wub:the Shnukies.:)
Intolerant monkey.
Quote:I kind of assumed that Chromaggus applied a brood affliction as he was running towards our position, which would have proc'd it. Lightning shield does more dmg than the MT would have generated through his <insert name of ability with 40 second cooldown that generates rage and therefore threat here>.

Yeah that was what was happening, I wasn't paying much attention as I was making sure that I got the first tranq off without pulling aggro and without letting the MT get too munched on. The second pull last night that happened after he munched poor schnuckums and headed to Otheo while frenzied I fired tranq and pulled enough aggro to get him to munch me. Then you guys got him back under control, but too much damage had been done.
---
Quote:*grumble grumble grats grumble grumble*

These monday night "mystery" sessions are keeping me out of all the firsts.

If I miss out on Nefarian, me and my Shizzle's Drizzle Blocker are going to be *quite* unhappy.

:D

-Jester

I agree, Jester. One of the biggest reasons that I raid is to see first kills - it's such a fun moment. This is why I sign up for the Friday raid, because that's supposed to be "new content night", but our last 3 first-kills have come on Mondays (I was lucky enough to be able to make the other Monday, but I couldn't swing it last night).

So, I'd like the following question answered: Is Friday "new content" night or is Monday? If we're expecting to continue using the Friday raid lock for Monday, can we at least schedule it that way, maybe with some sort of pre-defined stopping point for Friday? Since I can only commit to the 6:30 / 7:00 start time one night a week, this "Mystery" night is really making it hard for me to plan. If I want to see the first Nefarian kill, should I be clearing my Monday nights? If I do that and the raid does really well and gets him on a Friday, I miss out. If I keep signing up for Friday and things go the way they have been, the first kill will come on a Monday. It's highly problematic for me.

I'm happy for the raid that Chrommagus is down. I've very disappointed to have missed it because it came on a "special" night.

<span style="color:red">Terenas (PvE)
Xarhud: Lvl 80 Undead Priest
Meltok: Lvl 70 Undead Mage
Ishila: Lvl 31 Tauren Druid
Tynaria: Lvl 66 Blood Elf Rogue
Grats! Nef is a blast, the only downside to learning him is the slow reset which makes for a boring raid.

Once you guys get a shaman with 8/8 TS have them load a whole raid up with lightning sheilds and pull something with an AoE. When they proc they generate aggro for the shaman who cast it, not the person with the buff.
Delgorasha of <The Basin> on Tichondrius Un-re-retired
Delcanan of <First File> on Runetotem
Quote:It was so intense. I found it remarkable that we had 4 people standing at the end. Several people died after he did from his nasty DoT, but it was _that_ close to wiping at 1%. Awesome time, and the most memorable first kill for me!

Ditto...it was an awesome fight!

Sorry you missed the kill Jester and Xarhud =( I think our BWL progression has to extend over two nights, but the problem with pre-scheduling is not knowing how far we advance on Friday nights. Once we consistently down the same mobs on Fridays we can probably plan the use of Mondays ahead of time.
Moors ~ Blood Knight, Terenas
Sinomin ~ Rogue, Terenas

I stab!
Quote:Ditto...it was an awesome fight!
Sorry you missed the kill Jester and Xarhud =( I think our BWL progression has to extend over two nights, but the problem with pre-scheduling is not knowing how far we advance on Friday nights. Once we consistently down the same mobs on Fridays we can probably plan the use of Mondays ahead of time.

Well, I'm in the middle of figuring out if I can clear my Monday schedule, too, for a while at least. But my suggestion would be to run MC on Mondays, do Razor, Vael and Broodlord on Weds (maybe put Ony after this as well), and then continue with Firemaw on down on Fridays. That would make Fridays the "new content" night again, but I don't know how popular that idea would be.
<span style="color:red">Terenas (PvE)
Xarhud: Lvl 80 Undead Priest
Meltok: Lvl 70 Undead Mage
Ishila: Lvl 31 Tauren Druid
Tynaria: Lvl 66 Blood Elf Rogue