Calling all Terenas Druids
For those of you who haven't seen it there is a very good healing effeciency calculator here.

http://www.ctmod.net/calculator.ct

It takes into account all factors included +healing and fight length duration and boils the effieciency down to a single metric sustained Heals per Second. I like this much better than the Heal per Mana metric because it also takes into account your mana regen capability and the duration of the fight. There is an option with the calculator that you can set your mana to 0 to look at the sustained Heals per Second in an infinately long fight as well.

D

Quote:Full Oomkin build:
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classe...301000000000000
I consider this to be a purist group DPS or PvP build. not for spot healing and not for soloing. which is why I have avoided abilities that might be considered essential for those roles (such as nature's focus or nature's grasp for soloing).

I think we're missing a huge raid bonus by not looking more closely at improved fairie fire. The +3% to hit for all melee and ranged attacks for the entire raid is a GREAT raid bonus and any pure moonkin build should take this talent to help the overall raid.

Quote:I think we're missing a huge raid bonus by not looking more closely at improved fairie fire. The +3% to hit for all melee and ranged attacks for the entire raid is a GREAT raid bonus and any pure moonkin build should take this talent to help the overall raid.

With the change to +weapon skill, this is even more true. Currently +weapon skill helps reduce losses in damage created due to glancing blows. This is going away, so the two primary methods of mitigating the effects of a higher level target (+hit and +skill) are going to be left with just +hit.
I think I like this ToL / tank build better (than my previous one):
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classe...341031500531051
I don't go as far down the feral tree, but the points I moved to resto affect feral, and it gives me limited healing touch ability if necessary.
Cheers,
Frostburn / Dawnstrider
Quote:I plan on having the talent that reduces shape shifting by 20%. That still would make the transition cost 700 mana which is still expensive. I haven't found any formulas yet that give the proc rates and amounts of the melee mana regen. (Maybe I'll need to derive this myself) Frost suggested that some friends of his that he knows in the BC beta think that from a feeling the mana regen seems to be effective. How effective for the situation I describe has yet to be determined.

Well I decided that I'd copy dunar over to the PTR and see if I can derive the formula. After some testing it is clear that the amount of mana regenerated is 30% of your attack power.

regen amount = .3 * attack power

The proc rate for the effect was 30% with a 1.3 speed dagger. I didn't test the proc rate on any other weapons so I didn't check to see if it scales for weapon speed but I assume it does.

Dunar with his + spell damage gear equiped had an attack power of 306. This healed 92 mana for 30% of my hits. Given this information striking in moonkin form would generate about 20 mana/second or the equivalent of 100 Mp5. Not quite the mana boost I was hoping for:(

In addition the cost to shapeshift to moonkin was substantially cheaper than the current patch. It cost 348 with a 20% reduction in cost from a talent.

D

I suspect Fazuul will stay his current hybrid build at least through the levelling period of 60 to 70. It's hard for me to predict what I'll do with him once level 70 is reached. There's still so many unknowns.....how many healers will we have in the guild at that time, what sort of encounters will we be seeing, etc. Initial looks at the new talent trees though have me going deep enough into the Feral tree to get Imp LoTP, and yet also preserve my Nature's Swiftness from the Resto tree. But, that may change once we get there.

One thing I mentioned on the Keepers forums the other day is Tree Form. I stated there, that I don't plan on going that deep into the Resto tree, but I can certainly see some benefits to having a tree or two in the raid (thinking of the 20 and 25 man content at level 70 that Lurkers ought to be able to see). As I see other druids such as Dunar and Dawnstrider continue to heal, I suspect I'll have Fazuul take a back seat some on the healing. Fazuul has healed a ton over the last year, and while I like to heal, and I want to make sure he can heal once TBC comes along, I suspect I'll be looking alot at tanking and cat dps for him as well.
VoiceMan

Terenas:
Bloodmourne - 85 Blood Elf Death Knight <Lurkers>
Vreeslik - 85 Undead Warlock <Lurkers>
Fazuul - 70 Tauren Druid <Lurkers>
Ooh - 70 Troll Rogue <Lurkers>
Gorkuk- 63 Orc Hunter <Lurkers>
Rojaal - 70 Blood Elf Paladin <Lurkers>
I've been playing around some more on the PTR. Specifically I've been focusing on the usefullness of swiftmend. After playing around with the skill I think that it is a HUGE boost to healing effectiveness. Unlike nature's swiftness swiftmend only has a cooldown of 15 sec. In addition I thought that swiftmend would only heal the amount left on your rejuvenation. This is not true. It heals for the full 12 seconds of a rejuve even if it only has 1 second left. For Dunar on the PTR which still is limitied on his +healing swiftmend was instant healing for 1500 HP. For this reason I have modified my balance/resto build to drop dreamstate and moonkin to give me improved rejuve and swiftmend. In the change I also get a HT bonus and a +10% spirit bonus. I will still have moonglow for the reduced man cost for heals and Lunar guidance for the boost to +healing

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classe...320531502021000

Now anyone want to help me farm that rejuv idol?

Quote:Now anyone want to help me farm that rejuv idol?

You know I am. We should zerg down there before/after any UBRS runs that we make to try and get that.
Swiftmend makes Rejuvenation pretty efficient. At 600 healing, that 888 rejuv HoTs for 1488 or 372 every 3 secs for just 360 mana. If you swiftmend before the 4th tick for 254 mana, you get another 1488 healing, minus 372 for the tick you removed.

That's a total of 1488 + 1488 - 372 = 2604 healing for 614 mana, or 4.24 heal/mana.
By comparison a rank 11 HT with +600 healing heals 2867-3277 for 800 mana

or 3.84 heal/mana

rank 6 HT with +600 = 4.23 heal/mana

And this doesn't take into account any talents to boost healing. You can get +15% bonus to rejuv that you can't get for healing touch.

Did you take into account the reduction to +healing for spells that are lower level? If I recall right, the formula is:

('spell level' + 6) / 'character level'

Which is capped at 1.0.

This means for Healing Touch 6, it is learned at level 32 and replaced at level 38 (it actually gets slightly better each level from 32 to 38) by HT7, thus the modifier is (38+6)/60 or 0.7333. (repeating, of course)

HT6 heals for 742-894 or 818 average, and costs 335 mana. With 600 +healing times 0.7333 (the above modifier), it should heal for 1258 on average, or 3.76 health per mana.
Some more updates. The rejuv bonus from +healing is scaled. It is 80% so let's factor that into the formula

rejuv + swiftmend = (2*(888 + 600*0.8) - (888 + 600*0.8)/4)/614 = 3.9 heals/mana without talents 4.87 heals/mana with talents

rank 11 healing touch = 3.84 heals/mana without talents 4.39 heals/mana with all +ht talents

It is important that talents that increase healing by 10% for example is now applied after +healing not before. So let take Fazuul for example. He has +507 healing. His base rejuv will tick for 323 in patch. If he gets the +10% healing talent and +15% rejuv talent his rejuv will tick for 404.

D