Battle Report
I quit playing Diablo about a year and a half or so ago. Since then I had lost all of my old characters. Around October 9th of this year I decided to start playing Diablo again. I started 3 fresh characters and played about three to five hours a day, roughly. I used to play almost eight hours a day for months at a time prior to quitting. I had never found much of the items I have today. I mostly play over LAN and hardly ever with anoyone else. I think I have been really lucky considering the time spent and items gained in this short month. I am not sure whether I was a "noob" back then and am just figuring out how to actually play. I am posting this report to see if this is comparable to others who play Diablo with the most recent patch.

Symrustar(Rogue lvl 27)
GhastMaster(Sorcerer lvl 39)
Gildon(Warrior lvl 34)

__Items__

WEAPONS

Strange claymore of Haste
-147%
Kings falchion of Haste(purchased)
-152%/99%
Kings broad sword of Blood(purchased)
-171%/85%
Heavy LWB of Swiftness(purchased)
-52%dmg
Merciless SWB of Thunder
-175%
Emerald small axe of Gore (just thought it was cool)(purchased)
-41%/11
Lightning broad sword of Haste (always wanted one)(purchased)
DreamFlange

ARMORS

Awesome Full Plate(purchased)
-74ac 146%
Awesome Full Plate
-74ac 139%
Naj Light Plate
-49ac
Thinking cap
-4ac 81 dur
Obsidian large shield of the Tiger(purchased)
-10ac/39%/43
Emerald tower shield(purchased)
-13ac/50%
Emeral large shield of the Tiger
-6ac/43%/47
Saintly tower shield of the Tiger(purchased)
-19ac/115%/41

JEWELS

Dragons ring of Wizardry
-59/28
Drakes ring of Sorcery
-42/20
Serpants ring of Sorcery
-38/16
Serpants amulet of Sorcery
-32/19
Obsidian ring of Wizardry
-35%/27
Obsidian ring of the Zodiac
-32/20
Obsidian ring of Harmony
-38%
Obsidian ring of the Tiger
-36%/42
Ruby ring of the Zodiac
-53%/19
Ruby ring of the Heavens
-56%/15
Crimson amulet of the Zodiac
-37%/17
Diamond amulet of the Zodiac
-52%/16
Ivory amulet of the Zodiac
-36%/20

I've of course found many many uniques. Only one Naj:( Obviously the Drag/wiz and Obs/zod are lucky when compared to any time frame(IMHO). I consider myself lucky to have found a lot of those items because I played for almost 4 years before I quit and had found only a couple comparable items to this list.
A solid list.

About our Ironman game, what's your status for picking that up again? I keep trying the AIM in your profile: "MasterOfGhasts" but you are never on. You can IM me or just post here if you want to continue this weekend.
Well, I don't think Diablo is about items or high-level characters. Diablo is about fun, adrenaline. Those items aren't worth anything; what's the point of playing 3 to 5 hours a day to get them?
Quote:Well, I don't think Diablo is about items or high-level characters. Diablo is about fun, adrenaline. Those items aren't worth anything; what's the point of playing 3 to 5 hours a day to get them?

It's fun to win. =o
Yeah, but it feels even better when you win without good gear;)
Quote:Well, I don't think Diablo is about items or high-level characters. Diablo is about fun, adrenaline. Those items aren't worth anything; what's the point of playing 3 to 5 hours a day to get them?

I totally agree with you. The point is to play for fun. The byproduct was getting them. I have am not yet bored of mindlessly fireballing monsters. I am pretty sure I could do it indefinately.