Another Political Thread
Why should kandrathe be the only one to take snippets out of interviews and present paranoia about them? Why should he have all the fun?

I heard part of an interview today, shown on CNN, where Undead Annie (nee Coulter) was telling Joy Behar that all the presidential assassinations were done by "liberals".

Really.

She then listed all her subcategories of "liberal": left-wing loon, communist, anarchist, unitarian. "They were all liberal".

First of all, I consider anarchists to be "reactionaries", who are on the right. They want things the way they used to be, a long long time ago.

Note that libertarians are the closest rational people to anarchists and most libertarians prefer to vote for conservative candidates than for liberal ones.

Also note that many GOP candidates and proponents define "liberal" to mean in favor of increasing governmental control over citizens, the direct opposite of anarchists. Having it both ways, yet again.

I think many in this country see anarchists as being "anti-capitalism protesters" (think of the economic summits) and thus qualify them as "liberals", since evidently "liberal" means "anti-capitalism". I think most of the "protesters" that go smashing things at economic summits are really "thugs", and just try to justify their thuggery.

Second, who killed Robert Kennedy, and why? (He wasn't a prez, but I count it because he was running.)

Third, was Oswald a communist, or just an anti-establishment nut trying to impress the Soviets for personal gain?

4. What does having an obsession with Jodie Foster have to do with being liberal? Or is it that she's Hollywood, so she must be liberal, so her schizo fan must be liberal?

5. John Dubya Boothe was a liberal? Oh, right, he was an actor. Or maybe he was "liberal" because he killed the first Republican president? Or maybe seceding from the Union was "liberal", the South was "liberal" and slavery in the 19th century was "liberal"?

6. Squeaky Fromme was a slave to a murderer. Manson may have spouted anti-establishment rhetoric, but he was no true liberal, he was (and is, I suppose) just a thug, a particularly nasty thug.

I think Undead Annie is preparing for some nutjob to take out our democratically elected POTUS. She is already blaming moveon.org.

Undead Annie, using her own logic circa 2002, is a traitor and should be hanged. (Don't worry, it won't hurt, she's undead.)

At least Behar has some perspective on it, "she's entertaining... no one with a brain can respect what she says, but she's fun to talk about". (The problem is too many political zombies, people without brains ... brains ... brains ... )
Hi,

Quote: . . . Undead Annie (nee Coulter) . . .
You know, of course, that she's really a liberal parodying the conservatives. I mean, nobody could really be that brain dead, could she? :whistling:

BTW, I think you're slightly wrong about anarchists -- we're not all on the left. I myself am a middle of the road anarchist.;)

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

Quote:BTW, I think you're slightly wrong about anarchists -- we're not all on the left.
On the right. Anarchists are on the right. (but most of them are just thugs)
Quote:I myself am a middle of the road anarchist.;)
I'll remember to keep an eye out for you when I drive.

(actually, no i won't, i'll keep both eyes in and open, thx very much!)

-V

p.s. keeping an eye out is a good idea -- if you are attacked by zombies, just Give Them The Eye. *HAR HAR HAR *snort* HAR HAR *snort* HAR *snort* *snort*
Quote:First of all, I consider anarchists to be "reactionaries", who are on the right. They want things the way they used to be, a long long time ago.

Note that libertarians are the closest rational people to anarchists and most libertarians prefer to vote for conservative candidates than for liberal ones.
Hi,

I want things to be like they were in 50's :wub:

hmmm, Van/Barb + Pete/Mage + Magi/Rogue + Jim/Warrior = Ironman Diablo3 ;)

Ok back to the subject, IMO anarchists are neither to the right or to the left, they are One unto themselves [a profile of the Sociopath]...they Destroy & leave Nothing in it's place save for....> Anarchism :angry:

He can do more for Others, Who has done most with Himself.
Hi,

Quote:hmmm, Van/Barb + Pete/Mage + Magi/Rogue + Jim/Warrior = Ironman Diablo3 ;)
Switch me to rogue and count me in!:)

Quote: . . . they are One unto themselves [a profile of the Sociopath . . .
Jim, I don't know where you got that idea of anarchist -- sounds like from lies and propaganda to me. Ultimately, an anarchist is one who thinks that humans should rule themselves, that good people concerned for the well being of all don't need and shouldn't have a government forcing them. And, in the final analysis, the problem isn't with anarchy, it's with the sorry state of the human race that they have to be forced to do right.

Emotionally, I'm an anarchist. Intellectually, I know it can't work, so I accept government as a necessary evil. But I want the smallest government that there can be. I wish that Jefferson had been right, but I fear that Hamilton had the best of it.

"Anarchy only works if everyone follows the rules."

--Pete

Quote:I heard part of an interview today, shown on CNN...
You watch the Joy Behar show?
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Quote:You watch the Joy Behar show?
Naw, she's on at the same time as Rachel Maddow, and she (Joy) is not worth recording. I had to go on the net to find a transcript of Undead Annie to make sure I had her Liberal Laundry List right.

No surprise to you, I record
-Countdown
-R Maddow Show
-Leno
-Daily Show
and keep about 3-5 days of each, because sometimes I sleep rather than watch all of them.

The DS is the top priority. Must see. I watch for the comedy but his interviews, though short, are great.

Second priority is to watch the comedy parts of Leno (monologue, post-monologue sketch, final comedy bit).

Third priority is one or two of the serious political shows. If I know something went down that day or previous evening (like the day after "You Lie!") I'll be sure to watch.

Much of the first half of Countdown is too dull to watch (I forward if they use the Newsweek guy) because they spend too long on the first topic. The best/worst persons are must see.

Keith O. may be too mouthy for non-liberals to bear, but hey, the show is for me. If you don't like him, there's plenty of conservative talkers out there. For years there were shows for cons, but I felt all alone -- but now I have commentary where my values are respected rather than feared.

I like Rachel and she's usually respectful while asking the hard questions. She took the gloves off recently for this Republican who's running a "grass roots" campaign, with the purpose of showing that his group really wasn't grass roots. Good for her, and us.

Since you've made negative observations about Beck I'll mention this: I feel Maddow was going too far interviewing the woman who is the co-owner of the personal inspiration group that is having G Bush as a speaker. (Yes I'm too lazy to look it up.) Maddow kept asking questions about how the group makes money and appeared to be making an attempt to belittle the group. The business is just that, a business so they can make money by having sessions and selling recordings etc. I suppose RM was making sure that the business wasn't just a (conservative) money-launder thing, which would funnel money into conservative politico's hands, but her interview just seemed like bullying. Fortunately for the interviewee, she was unfazed and came off with the upper hand by thanking RM and saying that she was happy to have been on the show to answer questions -- indeed she made her group look good by being honest with a critic.

-V

(edit: brainfert: I said Ken O. meaning Keith O.)
Quote:Ken O. may be too mouthy for non-liberals to bear, but hey, the show is for me.
Would Ken O. be the Glen Beck of the left?
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

Quote:Would Ken O. be the Glen Beck of the left?

Nah. The closest thing you would get is this new guy Ed Schultz. But he is more akin to O'reilly or Limbaugh. I don't know of anyone on the left that equals Beck and gets any sort of attention. Schultz, O'reilly and Limbaugh may all be intellectually dishonest but Beck borders on insane. I wouldn't describe Beck as Libertarian either he is purely Right Wing Authoritarian without the intellectual capability to form stable reasoning beyond his base ideology.
The difference between a loudmouth and a madman is an important one. The right generally has a more impressive stable of blowhards, but they certainly have no monopoly.

Glenn Beck, on the other hand, is a complete nutcase. The kinds of paranoid delusions he is pushing are simply off the charts - back to the 1950s, the worst of the anti-communist overreaction, except without even the existence of a Soviet Union to make it even slightly sane. To find people of his "caliber" on the left, you'd have to go to the crazies, people who don't get airtime at all.

-Jester
Quote:Would Ken O. be the Glen Beck of the left?
oopsie ... I am so horrible with names sometimes ...

Should be "Keith O."

At the job I had 15 to 10 years ago, there was a VP whose name was "Randy" but unless I was very careful the name I would speak would be "Dennis". I have no idea why. I think he looked like another(?) Dennis I had previously known.

-V
Quote:Glenn Beck, on the other hand, is a complete nutcase.

I love Glen Beck. Every time I watch his clips on the internet (we don't get the fox news channel in Canada) I burst out laughing. He's like one of the crazies that you hear on Coast to Coast AM.

He's the greatest troll on TV.

edit: I dare you to watch http://mediamatters.org/mmtv/200910230030 and not laugh at the ridiculousness of it.
Quote:oopsie ... I am so horrible with names sometimes ...

Should be "Keith O."

At the job I had 15 to 10 years ago, there was a VP whose name was "Randy" but unless I was very careful the name I would speak would be "Dennis". I have no idea why. I think he looked like another(?) Dennis I had previously known.
I know what you mean. At the art institute there is this young doe eyed woman named summer, but I keep remembering her name as Bambi.

Hi,

Quote:edit: I dare you to watch http://mediamatters.org/mmtv/200910230030 and not laugh at the ridiculousness of it.
I lasted about half way through it. Then the smell got too bad. I guess my stomach is getting too weak to put up with such puke.

--Pete

Quote:I know what you mean. At the art institute there is this young doe eyed woman named summer, but I keep remembering her name as Bambi.
Hmm, shouldn't you think of her as "Faline?"

(Or is there something we don't know about you?)

-V

(p.s.: hint: Bambi was a boy deer.)
Quote: Glen Beck ?

I heard Obama gave him his first drugs and alcohol.
Quote:He's the greatest troll on TV.

The main problem of course that there are people that really like him.
Quote:First of all, I consider anarchists to be "reactionaries", who are on the right. They want things the way they used to be, a long long time ago.
You would be wrong, see Abbie Hoffman.

Bye for now, your blinders need adjusting. Talk to you later.

That Coulter is a troll goes without saying.

Here is a point to consider: the anarchist isn't much interested in left or right wing, what he or she wants is the airplane brought down.

DR
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Quote:Hmm, shouldn't you think of her as "Faline?"

(Or is there something we don't know about you?)

-V

(p.s.: hint: Bambi was a boy deer.)
Bambi (Bambina) actually means "Little girl" in Italy. I just remember that she has a cutesy semi sylven name and I cycle through all the ones it might be like Fawn, Violet, Fern, Daisy...

Hi,

Quote:Bambi (Bambina) actually means "Little girl" in Italy.
Because, of course, dropping two letters from the end of a word doesn't change its meaning at all. I suggest you give Babel Fish a try before making fools of us all.:)

--Pete