Looking for a particular type of addon
I'm trying to find an addon that will produce interactive buttons on my screen based on particular conditions met. Specifically i'm looking for an addon which will display a customizable sized button on my screen with the Raise Ghoul icon and ability when my ghoul is not up. When my ghoul is up I want it to diplay a button with the Death Pact icon and ability.

In other news i've been recieving errors during Arena matches when I try to right click an opponents unit frame to bring up their focus frame. I had a couple errors which said something like "Power Auras is attempting to access an ability of the default Blizzard UI. Would you like to disable this addon and reset your UI?" Which is exactly the thing I want to do in the middle of an arena match. I've also seen these errors pointing to cartographer, both of which I fail to see how they would be trying to access the focus frame ability in the default Blizzard UI. Has anyone experienced this and if so were you able to find a solution other than just disabling all these addons? It seems to happen just randomly and often I'm able to access the focus frame bars with no problems. I no longer use Power Auras but still get the cartographer pop ups
The very appropriately named Tell Me When should do the trick to your first query. As to the second, I'm afraid I have no firsthand knowledge to assist you with.

Cheers,
~FragB)
Hardcore Diablo 1/2/3/4 & Retail/Classic WoW adventurer.
Quote:The very appropriately named Tell Me When should do the trick to your first query. As to the second, I'm afraid I have no firsthand knowledge to assist you with.

Cheers,
~FragB)

Thank you. That is exactly the addon I was looking for but couldn't recall what it was named.

Edit: NM. It doesn't do what I'm looking for. The buttons on Tell Me When aren't interactive they just alert me when certain abilities are available. I'm specifically looking for buttons that will appear under the right circumstances which I can then click to activate the ability. It also appears that Tell Me When doesn't appropriately show Death Pact as it will always show it as available even when my ghoul is not up. I want the Death Pact button to be available and appear while my ghoul is alive and kicking, and the Raise Dead button to show when I have no ghoul up so that it is both easy to see the second my raise dead ability is off cooldown as well as know when my ghoul has been killed in hectic arena battles when I may be more focused on interrupting heals. I also want the interactive buttons so that I don't have these abilities taking up limited hotkey locations while being easier to click on demand than having to focus on clicking the out of the way button on the bars.
Have you tried any of the actionbar replacement mods to see if they have conditional macros built in that will work for you?

~FragB)
Hardcore Diablo 1/2/3/4 & Retail/Classic WoW adventurer.
Quote:Have you tried any of the actionbar replacement mods to see if they have conditional macros built in that will work for you?

~FragB)

I've tried some of them. None i've seen are able to do what i'm looking for. It's possible that there aren't any addons that will do what i'm looking for. If not, no big deal, at some point any convenience I would gain in arenas would be outweighed by getting it all set up with crazy addon configurations and possible conflicts.
Quote:In other news i've been recieving errors during Arena matches when I try to right click an opponents unit frame to bring up their focus frame. I had a couple errors which said something like "Power Auras is attempting to access an ability of the default Blizzard UI. Would you like to disable this addon and reset your UI?" Which is exactly the thing I want to do in the middle of an arena match. I've also seen these errors pointing to cartographer, both of which I fail to see how they would be trying to access the focus frame ability in the default Blizzard UI. Has anyone experienced this and if so were you able to find a solution other than just disabling all these addons? It seems to happen just randomly and often I'm able to access the focus frame bars with no problems. I no longer use Power Auras but still get the cartographer pop ups

I recommend picking up Gladius for enemy unit frames.

It works very well - I use it to change my focus (with a right click) all the time, and can be configured to do a lot of other useful things like show time left on each opponent's PVP trinket, show CC on an opponent and duraiton left, etc.
Jormuttar is Soo Fat...
It's been a while since I had to do any semi-complicated macros, however I don't believe you require an addon for this functionality.

Code:
#showtooltip
/cast [nopet]Raise Ghoul;Death Pact
Blizzard removed the ability to have clickable conditional action buttons quite some time ago. TellMeWhen is as close as you're going to get, unfortunately
Yeah, the best you can do is use some conditional modifiers (like [nopet] and such) to macro some of your hotkeys so they serve multiple purposes and use TWM or DoTimer or ClassTimers to see when things come up.

If you are worried about not having enough hotkeys, there are things you can do to vastly increase the number available.

First, is re-bind a lot of easy to hit keys to critical combat functionality.

Instead of "r" acting as reply, bind it to a hotkey and bind "backspace" to act as reply. Backspace still functions as normal when typing, but when not typing it will reply to a whisper.

Instead of using "b" to open bags, bind "shift-b" to open bags and use "b" for combat hotkeys, since it is another hotkey very easy to hit with the left hand in normal typing position.

Similarly, if you learn to mouse move a bit you can bind "q" and "e" to hotkeys, and either re-bind "a" and "d" to be straffe-left and straffe-right or if you are really used to mouse moving just know that holding the right mouse button while pressing "a" or "d" automatically swithces them to be straffe keys.

Most hotkeys easily reachable with the left hand, you can also easily reach shift- versions of them.

You can add half again as many hotkeys by modifying one of your 4th or 5th mouse buttons to act as "alt-" as well. I bound my thumb button to act as "alt-" and that meant I could easily hit "alt-" versions of any key reachable with my left hand in normal type position and my right hand on the mouse.

You can do logical things to make large numbers of hotkeys rememberable too. For example, as a destruction lock I use inecinnerate 99.9% of the time, but occasionally my fire school gets locked and I need a shadowbolt or two...or I fight a fire elemental, so for me "3" is incinnerate and "alt-3" is shadowbolt.

Similarly, "t" is fear and "alt-t" fears my focus target.

I probably just wrote all that for nothing, since you probably know it all already or are a fanatic clicker or something (I've known a few), but being a fanatic for using hotkeys and mouse-moving, I had to spread the gospel a bit =)
Jormuttar is Soo Fat...
Quote:Blizzard removed the ability to have clickable conditional action buttons quite some time ago. TellMeWhen is as close as you're going to get, unfortunately

*shrug*

I just hopped onto my Warlock to confirm. Exact macro as above, except I did Summon Imp if [nopet], else Dark Pact. Worked fine - icon changed looks depending on conditional, and it was definitely clickable.
Quote:I probably just wrote all that for nothing, since you probably know it all already or are a fanatic clicker or something (I've known a few), but being a fanatic for using hotkeys and mouse-moving, I had to spread the gospel a bit =)

Yeah i've got all that set up. I don't have Death Pact set on my main key bindings as accidentally sacrificing my ghoul as i'm trying to do something else can pretty much be the end of an arena match. I was mostly looking for something that would add a little convenience to my decision on whether a Death Pact is warranted or not.

Edit: While I'm here, the main focus of my playtime lately has been 2v2 Arena with my DK and Gum as Holy Paladin. If anyone knows any slick tricks for either DK or Holy Paladin in PvP I'd be interested in hearing those as well. We have been steadily moving up in the ranks though are starting to stall out under the 1600 hump. The biggest trouble we seem to have is vs the totally OP Resto Druid/Warrior or Priest/Hunter mana burn. Either of those matches we can win but requires perfect timing on stuns and silences to take one of them down.
Quote:*shrug*

I just hopped onto my Warlock to confirm. Exact macro as above, except I did Summon Imp if [nopet], else Dark Pact. Worked fine - icon changed looks depending on conditional, and it was definitely clickable.

Oh sorry, I was referring to the old awesome feature where you could get a clickable button to pop up in the middle of your screen when a certain condition was met. I used to have this slick interface set up on my warrior with Overpowers, Executes, and the like all set to pop up in the middle of my screen when they were available. Yes, I was a clicker. :whistling: