Ever get the sort of news that just stuns you?
Quote:Of course, I may very well follow through with a threat made decades ago, when after a night of heavy drinking, I swore I'd name my first child 'Trouble' and then turn it loose on the world.

Because I am old. And crochety. And eccentric. And I can get away with stuff like that.

If the child is a boy, name him "Askim". If she's a girl, go for "Asker". You'll have loads of fun introducing your kid to strangers :lol:
I think you should give him a title. A really long, and potentially pretentious (say that five times) one.

<name>, the Destroyer of all that is Good and Holy
<name>, the Righteous Son of He Who Lurks in the Lounge Amidst Death Penalty Discussions

Or there's always the classic comic-book style name, where you take a negatively associated word and add "-or" to it.

Skeletor
Destructor

Congressor
Politicsor

And since you want older stuff...

BlackPlagueor
FreeThinkor (oh wait, that's still modern)

--me
Quote:My wife is very very pregnant. She has been this way for a while. There has been problems before with this condition, but those problems are not manifesting themselves now. Her hawt little body seems to be ok with this condition now.

Everybody's worst fears may yet be confirmed.

:rolleyes::w00t::blink:

Congratulations Doc. I think you will be a wonderful father.
Quote:A hoser with a bad Canadian accent. :P

I am open for name ideas. Nothing modern please.
I can only name daughters. Sorry.

Always thought Esmerelda was a good name. Not for the 'Esmerelda' part, obviously, but because the diminutive of the name is the far more poetic 'Esmeé'.
Political Correctness is the idea that you can foster tolerance in a diverse world through the intolerance of anything that strays from a clinical standard.
Quote:I can only name daughters. Sorry.

Always thought Esmerelda was a good name. Not for the 'Esmerelda' part, obviously, but because the diminutive of the name is the far more poetic 'Esmeé'.

Until you read A Series of Unfortunate Events.
Why can't we all just get along

--Pete
Esmerelda was discussed. So was *gasp* Griselda. And no, no sucking up to Griselda, it really is a pretty name, more little girls should be named as such. :P

And to be completely different, Durandal would be an interesting name.
All alone, or in twos,
The ones who really love you
Walk up and down outside the wall.
Some hand in hand
And some gathered together in bands.
The bleeding hearts and artists
Make their stand.

And when they've given you their all
Some stagger and fall, after all it's not easy
Banging your heart against some mad buggers wall.

"Isn't this where...."
Quote:Esmerelda was discussed. So was *gasp* Griselda. And no, no sucking up to Griselda, it really is a pretty name, more little girls should be named as such. :P

And to be completely different, Durandal would be an interesting name.
Suggestions

For a girl: Lorelei.

For a boy: Fergus

Alternate boy: Doc, Dawk, or Dahk

*crosses fingers in hopes for pregnancy not having troubles*

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Quote:Esmerelda was discussed. So was *gasp* Griselda. And no, no sucking up to Griselda, it really is a pretty name, more little girls should be named as such. :P

Too bad the shortened 'Gris' isn't exactly music to the ears (sorry to say it Griselda!).

Cheers,

Munk
Quote:Too bad the shortened 'Gris' isn't exactly music to the ears (sorry to say it Griselda!).

Cheers,

Munk

There's always Zelda! :lol:
Why can't we all just get along

--Pete
Quote:There's always Zelda! :lol:
Zelda!
Quote:Zelda!

Excuse me, Princess
"You can build a perfect machine out of imperfect parts."
-Urza

He's an old-fashioned Amish cyborg with no name. She's a virginal nymphomaniac fairy princess married to the Mob. Together, they fight crime!

The Blizzcon Class Discussion:
Crowd: "Our qq's will blot out the sun"
Warlocks: "Then we will pewpew in the shade"
Quote:Until you read A Series of Unfortunate Events.
Never have.

I got it from the mascot aboard the Nautilus in the 1954 Disney rendition of 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea.
Political Correctness is the idea that you can foster tolerance in a diverse world through the intolerance of anything that strays from a clinical standard.