Unknown Glitch?
A few years ago I used cursed equip. to lower my base mana to -15. As I drank small potions of mana my current mana went further into the negetives all the way down until it wrapped around. I thought this was pretty cool, however insignificant it was.
I don't think that I've ever had negative max mana, but I know that when I overcast a spell to lower my current mana to below 0, small mana potions still work correctly to bring it positive. This would be pretty easy to test with simply a cranium basher, though.
Quote:I don't think that I've ever had negative max mana

I believe I was wearing frogs and fools on a warrior. His mana was -15 and his magic was lowered to 6.

Quote:A few years ago I used cursed equip. to lower my base mana to -15. As I drank small potions of mana my current mana went further into the negetives all the way down until it wrapped around. I thought this was pretty cool, however insignificant it was.
Hehe, that must have been quite expensive test :-) Especially with Warrior. I bet you have bought up Adria from all small mana potions...
Quote:I bet you have bought up Adria from all small mana potions...
Yeah, I think she was getting angry after the first 100.
when it wrapped around, how high was the positive number? 1? 0?

and how many small pots did it end up taking?

does it work with full pots or does this bring it back to the small negative?

Quote:when it wrapped around, how high was the positive number? 1? 0?

Those are things I do not remember. Someone would have to test this. I do not have any cursed items anymore.

Quote:does it work with full pots or does this bring it back to the small negative?

I believe it was just small potions that worked.
Quote:when it wrapped around, how high was the positive number? 1? 0?
Since for mana count is used signed number, it wouldnt wrap around to 0 but to highest positive numbers.

Quote:does it work with full pots or does this bring it back to the small negative?
Full potion simply sets your life / mana to your max life / mana, so drinking full mana potions would set your mana back to max mana (no matter whether it is positive or negative)

Quote:and how many small pots did it end up taking?
Depends on character class and amount of negative mana.
Clvl 47 Warrior with -111 mana loses 1400 mana per 100 small blues, so its average -14 mana per potion for him.
I found another most likely unknown glitch, which is also almost completely insignificant, so I thought I'd post here.

When using a Constricting Ring and a Gotterdamurung, your resists aren't 37.5% like they should be! (Kidding. =D)

When using a Constricting Ring, as soon as you enter a level your life will drop a point, and say that you wait a few seconds before casting Mana Shield. After doing so, if you use a small potion of healing, a small rejuvenation potion, using a scroll of healing or casting heal, your life will be restored to "Total Life - 1", instead of "Total Life."

I know this because my 36 Rogue uses Constricting Ring as her only item for resists. Controversial? It's never a problem for me. =)
This is most likely a consequence of the stupid way in which Mana Shield is implemented. Even with MS active, you still lose life when you get hit (or wear Constricting Ring). Mana Shield just turns around and restores that life (at a cost of mana) every turn. If your life goes up, MS makes a note of this and returns you to this new level should subsequent damage occur. The behavior you saw is probably because Constricting Ring cost you 1 life point before the MS processing noticed your life had increased (from being wounded to being fully healthy). Thus, MS recorded you as being at Total Life - 1, and attempted to bring you back to that level when further damage was incurred. You can work around this by removing Constricting Ring before healing yourself.