NEWS: BC Release delayed to January 2007
Looks like some free extra Beta weeks;)

--> Blue Post by "Eyonix"

Quote:IRVINE, Calif. -- Blizzard Entertainment® today announced that the release date for World of Warcraft®: The Burning Crusade™, the highly anticipated expansion for World of Warcraft, will be in January 2007. By adding a few extra weeks to the development cycle beyond its original target date, Blizzard will be able to extend the closed beta test and further refine the new content that will ship with the game.

“We appreciate the enthusiasm surrounding World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade, and we’re excited about putting the finishing touches on all of the new content,” said Mike Morhaime, president and cofounder of Blizzard Entertainment. “We feel confident that the extra time spent polishing the game will result in the high-quality experience that our players expect and deserve.”

Blizzard began the closed-beta phase of testing on World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade earlier this month. The January 2007 release window will allow extra time for current beta testers to participate in the final stages of development and continue providing valuable feedback.

Further information on specific worldwide release dates, pricing, and other details will be announced in the near future.
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
Does. Not. Bother me. In the slightest.

*Cue the usual whines from the "faithful" on the boards, threats to cancel subscriptions, and picket the Orgrimmar auction house*

But hey, I waited this long to actually start playing WoW. A few months won't mean a lick of difference, save for the fact that I might actually get my main up to 60 by then. I've got my GW:Nightfall preorder arriving soon, I should really get around to finishing Factions. I've got plenty of other games to occupy my time, including WoW, until TBC is released.

And if in the end this delay means a more solid game at release (Pshaw), then it'll be all for the better.
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
Whoa, now for another big news part of it. Sounds like TBC is getting delayed for only the content, and not necessarily anything else ...

Quote:Keep in mind, we do plan to push a content patch prior to release, which could occupy your holiday time quite well.

Quote:Oh, you know, just a few small things such as a brand new honor system, as well as new talents and abilities along with dozens of other changes and improvements.;)

Quote:Remember, we were planning on patching in many things along with the release of the Burning Crusade so that those who chose not to purchase the expansion could still enjoy many new features.

With the delay of the game, we'll be patching prior to its release.

Source, as always, is BlueTracker ...
http://blue.cardplace.com/newcache/us/38233956.htm
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
I guess it'll sell anyway so there's no need to have it out by christmas like other publishers do.
Yeah I'm surprised that Vivendi let it slip past the Christmas sale zone. But as Luminon mentioned it will seel anyway. Actually with a push back to January, I'm not expecting to see it till Feb or March now. I always assumed it would come out before Christmas come hell or high water.

I don't care much one way or the other on when it gets here though.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Awesome. I've been saying for months now there is no way they could finish. I just thought they would fudge it.

20 raid bosses to go.
Quote:Yeah I'm surprised that Vivendi let it slip past the Christmas sale zone. But as Luminon mentioned it will seel anyway. Actually with a push back to January, I'm not expecting to see it till Feb or March now. I always assumed it would come out before Christmas come hell or high water.

I don't care much one way or the other on when it gets here though.

I am very surprised and disappointed as well. I am tired of the present game and was looking forward to what virtually is going to be a game reset. The only thing i log in for is 40 man raids and farming consumables. But i am so looking forward to levelling up again and seeing new zones. 2+ years for an expansion is an eternity in MMO time and the only reason Blizzard gets away with it is because we are so addicted to their game.

As others have noted this will give us more time to complete the present game (4 H, Sapphiron and KT) but Christmas holidays are just not going to be the same with no new game content. O well at least i know the expansion should be in better shape in January.
Cenarius Alliance

Liscentia 80 Death Knight (450 Herbalism 425 Inscription)
Mysteryium 80 Shaman (450 Skinning 441 Leatherworking)
Tutelin 80 Priest (413 Enchanting 420 Tailoring)
Frozzen 73 Mage (Tailoring 375 Enchanting 375)
Obstinate 71 Hunter (375 Herbalism 375 Alchemy)
Squabbles 70 Warlock (Tailoring 375 Leatherworking 291)
Niniuin 70 Paladin (Herbailism 375 Alchemy 375)
Thunderous 66 Warrior (Mining 375 Tailoring 360)
Quote:As others have noted this will give us more time to complete the present game (4 H, Sapphiron and KT) but Christmas holidays are just not going to be the same with no new game content. O well at least i know the expansion should be in better shape in January.

There will be new game content. Blizzard has stated that they are releasing a content patch prior to tBC to push the new talents, Honor system, and a few other things that would affect both the people getting the expansion and those that do not (the talents have been stated that they will be for everyone, not just people getting the expansion).
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
Quote:Whoa, now for another big news part of it. Sounds like TBC is getting delayed for only the content, and not necessarily anything else ...
Source, as always, is BlueTracker ...
http://blue.cardplace.com/newcache/us/38233956.htm

Whoa. Having the new honor system available before the expansion is HUGE. You'll be able to get epics from WSG, AB, or AV ala-carte in the new system. I wonder if Grand Marshal gear will be available as well?

EDIT: Check out the results for searching thott's beta database for "Grand Marshal": http://www.thottbot.com/beta?s=grand+marshal
Quote:EDIT: Check out the results for searching thott's beta database for "Grand Marshal": http://www.thottbot.com/beta?s=grand+marshal

Beta testers are sayin it takes 10k or so (if I remember correctly) honor on top of those marks. Honor comes in roughly 10 times as slow. So best guess is a couple hours a night for a week to get one of those.
Quote:Beta testers are sayin it takes 10k or so (if I remember correctly) honor on top of those marks. Honor comes in roughly 10 times as slow. So best guess is a couple hours a night for a week to get one of those.

Yeah, I'm thinking: GM Weapons for everyone!
Quote:Yeah, I'm thinking: GM Weapons for everyone!
No, only 80% of the population. The other 20% play Horde... ;)
------------Terenas------------
Dagorthan – Level 85 Blood Knight
Turothan – Level 83 Blood Knight
Sarothan – Level 62 Blood Knight
Durambar – Level 82 Warrior
Strifemourne – Level 80 Death Knight
Berg of The Core wrote this post on our guild boards on Monday. Wow, was he ever right:

Quote:So I cannot speak with any conviction but my impression from working in games for half a dozen years is that this game is still more beta than it is a releasable product. It is lots of fun but there is lots of broken stuff, lots of stuff that is not broken but really awkward and lots of stuff that is totally untested by the public. All of that said, I think a November launch is extremely unlikely.

Some stuff you would not know unless you worked in the games industry. Shelf space at the mall stores like gamestop etc is purchased. They do not put hot sellers at the front of the store, that space is bought by the publishers and their products are put there exclusively. If you are going to miss a ship date you have to give them a months notice to resell the space or you lose that money. Thanksgiving is Nov 23 and the currently posted release dates are between 24-27 that I have seen so I would pretty much expect for a delay to be announced today or tomorrow unless they dont mind junking that cash.
Quote:It is lots of fun but there is lots of broken stuff, lots of stuff that is not broken but really awkward and lots of stuff that is totally untested by the public.
Speaking of "awkward": I'm playing a Blood Elf huntress in the BC beta, and what I noticed is that I get a lot of weird target placement errors in areas with uneven ground/topology. I get either "target too close" or "out of range" errors, and the target bashes me although it's displayed far away. Luckily my pet, which is always on the "real" target, saves me here.

This is my first hunter, so I can't say if these errors were already common in WoW. The frequency of the errors however, makes me think that it's a BC beta bug.
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
Quote:a) there is going to be an event leading up to the opening of the gates

and

B)the gate to outland will be open on day 1 when TBC goes retail

I don't think there will be player participation in the event.

Wowwiki saying the event has been changed

All the quotes I saw about player participation are ancient, quotes about Lork Kazzak and "open on day 1" are recent.

At least they picked Kazzak to do the opening - if somebody trys to take him out you can just grief them:)

Looking at it rationally, for a player participated event to have any meaning at all, there has to be some consequece for failure. But if there is a failure, that means that the portal isn't open on day 1.

My guess is on Day 1, Kazzak spawns and goes "Look, I have an relic of the past that radiates energy! Pewpewpew, I'm invincible! I'll just go over here and open this portal for you guys, then get out of the way."
Quote:Speaking of "awkward": I'm playing a Blood Elf huntress in the BC beta, and what I noticed is that I get a lot of weird target placement errors in areas with uneven ground/topology. I get either "target too close" or "out of range" errors, and the target bashes me although it's displayed far away. Luckily my pet, which is always on the "real" target, saves me here.

This is my first hunter, so I can't say if these errors were already common in WoW. The frequency of the errors however, makes me think that it's a BC beta bug.
Happens to me all the time on Stormrage. It has some major desync issues. Can't remember it ever happening on Tich though. They probably aren't running the beta on the best hardware.
Delgorasha of <The Basin> on Tichondrius Un-re-retired
Delcanan of <First File> on Runetotem
Quote:Happens to me all the time on Stormrage. It has some major desync issues. Can't remember it ever happening on Tich though. They probably aren't running the beta on the best hardware.
This might be the cause as the ping on the German test server "Nagrand" is mostly yellow.
I'm not surprised given when the closed Beta started - I simply can't see Blizzard launching the expansion with less testing than for some of the content patches.

From a business perspective, the announcement must have killed Blizzard and their corporate overlords at Vivendi Universal. The existing players who were going to buy the expansion will still buy the expansion. But Christmas represents the number one time of year to grab new players. The grandparents in Best Buy wondering what to buy their teenage relative will be looking for something else to put under the tree now.

Chris
Quote:From a business perspective, the announcement must have killed Blizzard and their corporate overlords at Vivendi Universal.

Blizzard will be fine. They have massive amounts of cash coming in versus relatively small expenses. They are also not a public entity themselves, with a big need to hit their quarterly numbers. The same can't be said about VU.
Quote:Hm well Kazzak IS in outlands now. He's in that confined area in the north, east of the agromar area. You can't get there (yet) but a hunter with the correct tracker (daemon) can see him behind and there's supposedly a zonewide yell he can do, though I have never seen that. But Kazzak is now in Outlands.

Aw... no more loot piñata action in the Tainted Scar.
See you in Town,
-Z