Terenas AV Awesomeness
For any level 60 interested, on Friday October 13th during the day Mogo will be venturing into AV again. Marn and Bonemage will be joining her (or else I'm joining them, but that's a minor detail;)). We'd love to have more Lurkers joining us and this will give you the chance to laugh at the noob who heals more than anything else in PvP. :D BTW, I did pick up a fun little toy last night Malown's Slam that I'd like to swing around in there and cause more annoyance. :D
Intolerant monkey.
Prepare to be Malowned? :)
-TheDragoon
Quote::D BTW, I did pick up a fun little toy last night Malown's Slam that I'd like to swing around in there and cause more annoyance. :D
That new toy will go nicely with my Earthshaker. You and I can play distraction while Marn kills everyone.
------------Terenas------------
Dagorthan – Level 85 Blood Knight
Turothan – Level 83 Blood Knight
Sarothan – Level 62 Blood Knight
Durambar – Level 82 Warrior
Strifemourne – Level 80 Death Knight
Quote:That new toy will go nicely with my Earthshaker. You and I can play distraction while Marn kills everyone.
Sounds like a plan to me. :w00t:
Intolerant monkey.
Quote:That new toy will go nicely with my Earthshaker. You and I can play distraction while Marn kills everyone.

Hey! You that one that kill All! :)

Sure I can be that guy. :)
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
I'm gonna see if I can get Friday off.

If all goes well, that will be my push week with my rogue to get Rank 10. I can stunlock whatever Marn targets.... So they can be Marnowned and Malowned at the same time.

Oh and since SH --> SP seems to be a major sticking point for horde, I put this picture together depicting all of the routes between the two GYs. Most people don't know the red path, and too many people just take the orange path, getting stuck in the very narrow gully before the flag.

http://64.81.59.71/forumpics/AV_map.jpg
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
Quote:For any level 60 interested, on Friday October 13th during the day Mogo will be venturing into AV again. Marn and Bonemage will be joining her (or else I'm joining them, but that's a minor detail;)). We'd love to have more Lurkers joining us and this will give you the chance to laugh at the noob who heals more than anything else in PvP. :D BTW, I did pick up a fun little toy last night Malown's Slam that I'd like to swing around in there and cause more annoyance. :D

Let's beat some heads! Mogo smash!

-Jester
Quote:For any level 60 interested, on Friday October 13th during the day Mogo will be venturing into AV again. Marn and Bonemage will be joining her (or else I'm joining them, but that's a minor detail;)). We'd love to have more Lurkers joining us and this will give you the chance to laugh at the noob who heals more than anything else in PvP.

Did they re-enable joining as a (small) group? Or do you all just sign up at the same time and hope you hit the same one? While I do like cross server BG's for speeding it up, they've made it a lot harder to get on/in with someone on your own server. =/
~Not all who wander are lost...~
Quote:Did they re-enable joining as a (small) group? Or do you all just sign up at the same time and hope you hit the same one? While I do like cross server BG's for speeding it up, they've made it a lot harder to get on/in with someone on your own server. =/

TS countdown and verify everyone is in the same BG when the box pops up.

Being horde helps immensely because the box pops up like 10 seconds after you do the countdown. If you don't all match, then people drop queue and re-queue and in a few minutes you all end up in the same BG.

I imagine that that weekend being AB weekend will also help. Less horde will queue for AV since it's likely AB losses vs. premades will be more honor per time than AV losses will be.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
I would love to be there, but I have three things in the way. I am not yet level 60 (since you specified), my warlock is still level 59 as I am only doing PVP BG's for experience, he may or may not make it to 60 by then. More importantly, I have to work all weekend and have personal plans for any time that I do happen to have off during that weekend. Hopefully next time, I will be available and still playing WOW.

Have a great time,
Flash
<span style="color:red">Absolute Power!!!!<!--sizec--><!--/sizec--> - Jafar

<span style="color:green">Terenas
60 Gorohnt Orc Warlock - Herb / Alchemy (Main)
54 RawkPaine Orc Shaman - Mining / Jewelcrafting
54 Galahnt Orc Hunter - Mining / Engineer (Goblin)
42 Garahnt Tauren Shaman - Skinning / Leatherworking
36 Gholoko Tauren Druid - Enchanting/ Mining
33 Gharawk Troll Rogue - Mining / Engineer
20 MaxPaine Orc Warrior - Mine / Smith
Quote:Most people don't know the red path, and too many people just take the orange path, getting stuck in the very narrow gully before the flag.
I love the red path. Especially when you camp above the graveyard and provide artillery fire down on the people who just respawned and aren't already on the ball (to be fair they get 30 seconds from respawn to start moving ;-) ) or are fighting your side for control of the flag. Some people consider it cheap, but they come after me and kill me too, so all ends well ;-)
It was great fun PvPing on Friday, even taking into account that last AV match that drove me nuts. When I'm not raiding or grinding rep, you may see more of me in the battlegrounds. I can actually do stuff to help in there with Mogo. :) Thanks all for the great time.
Intolerant monkey.
This was much fun. Thanks everyone for coming and playing. I got over 4500 rep that afternoon, and enjoyed myself. The only time I have been present for a victory were the 2 victories that we had. Tanking Van was fun, and one of the few ways that a protection warrior can contribute in there besides providing HKs for the opposing side.
------------Terenas------------
Dagorthan – Level 85 Blood Knight
Turothan – Level 83 Blood Knight
Sarothan – Level 62 Blood Knight
Durambar – Level 82 Warrior
Strifemourne – Level 80 Death Knight
Quote:This was much fun. Thanks everyone for coming and playing. I got over 4500 rep that afternoon, and enjoyed myself. The only time I have been present for a victory were the 2 victories that we had. Tanking Van was fun, and one of the few ways that a protection warrior can contribute in there besides providing HKs for the opposing side.

You have no idea how many AVs where we've won because 2 things came together:

1) I just kept saying I was tanking until people believed me

2) Some nice shaman or druid (or even, *gasp*, a priest) put their e-peen aside for a minute and healed me

The tank is just *so* crucial at the end, and if you can get people to go along with it, it turns losses into wins.

I hope we get to play together some more, not least because if you're there, I can DPS without feeling guilty. :shuriken:

-Jester
Quote:1) I just kept saying I was tanking until people believed me

2) Some nice shaman or druid (or even, *gasp*, a priest) put their e-peen aside for a minute and healed me

The tank is just *so* crucial at the end, and if you can get people to go along with it, it turns losses into wins.
I can't imagine why people have such a hard time with this! In all of the raiding I've done, you HAVE to keep your tanks alive or the fight is over. You would think that this would be common sense or common knowledge from a bunch of level 60's in the battlegrounds, but it just ISN'T.