(some) Tier 4 comes from Karazhan!
blue post from the general forums yesterday:
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.h...ageNo=1&sid=1#3

Quote:
Quote:Kharazan is supposedly the start of lvl 70 raiding. I'm guessing that it will just require mostly lvl 70 blues in order to start it. Much like MC did a long time ago.

This is close enough to accurate to be quoted. As a sprawling, ten-person, raid dungeon, it will be a place for many groups to gear up with a new tier of armor. There should be a good amount of the Tier 4 gear attainable there.

As someone frustrated by the gear progression for small groups originally available at retail, I am cautiously optimistic. Does this mean that we'll see more lockout 10-man raids with pieces of the armor sets in the future?
Quote:Does this mean that we'll see more lockout 10-man raids with pieces of the armor sets in the future?
Maybe, but probably only one or two more tops before the next expansion. I imagine that Tier 4 is like what Tier 0 is now - the starter set to get you going. Too bad, because it's PURPLE for Priests!

PURPLE!

Once again, to prove the importance of purple:

[Image: wow92.jpg]

I miss this outfit. :(

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Quote:Maybe, but probably only one or two more tops before the next expansion. I imagine that Tier 4 is like what Tier 0 is now - the starter set to get you going.

Probably fair to call it a 'starter' set, since 4 comes after 3 but before 5.:P

But I do think T4 is going to be legitimately awesome unlike T0; Blizzard's CMs are quite giddy about Karazhan and since it has a lockout, Blizzard can put great items in there.

I suppose my end analysis is: Hey, they could have put awesome stuff in only 25-man dungeons and filled Karazhan with level 70 blues and greens but instead it's going to have T4-level gear. And based on that, I'm optimistic that we'll see some more along the way. Maybe 10-man and a 25-man wings released in parallel each time? That would be pretty cool.
Just a guess, but I'd wager the plan right now is for T4 to be the ONLY tiered set in BC. The plan is for yearly expansions from here on out. Think about it - each tier adds about 10 levels to the items. Wouldn't it make more sense for the players to go up 10 levels as well? The disconnect between clvl and ilvl has caused a number of problems that is forceing them to make fundamental changes to the itemization, I would be suprised if they want to do that every time there is an expansion. Especially if those expansions are yearly.

Now if the talent trees are messed up and require a class by class review, dramatically extending the duration of BC, they will need to add new content, new items, and probably T5.
Quote:blue post from the general forums yesterday:
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.h...ageNo=1&sid=1#3
This is close enough to accurate to be quoted. As a sprawling, ten-person, raid dungeon, it will be a place for many groups to gear up with a new tier of armor. There should be a good amount of the Tier 4 gear attainable there.

As someone frustrated by the gear progression for small groups originally available at retail, I am cautiously optimistic. Does this mean that we'll see more lockout 10-man raids with pieces of the armor sets in the future?

Hopefully. I'm really looking forward to Kharazan. Though whichever slots are missing will almost certainly be fillable with equivalents (crafts, arena gear, non-set drops) I'm vaguely wondering where the rest of T4 will be and what will be in the other endgame instances - will the 25-man instances have T4a (similar budget but optimised for larger raids), T5 (better in every way) or the last half of T4?

Mostly important for my alts - I'll probably go back to my druid tank as my main for BC. So T4 is likely to just be for strolling around town anyway:)
Quote:I miss this outfit. :(

-Bolty

I don't, cos I know the pants of doom were under there. Scarred I am, scarred.
[Image: 259402pnMDg.png]
Quote:I don't, cos I know the pants of doom were under there. Scarred I am, scarred.

"I ken flatt'n steel with my thighs!"
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
Quote:I don't, cos I know the panties of doom were under there. Scarred I am, scarred.
Corrected your statement in quote.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.