From the Big Brothel in the Sky
We offer you further work supporting the Big Bang. It wasn't just the earth that moved, it was the whole universe. :w00t: I wonder if it/they smoked a cigarette afterwards, or a cigar.

This Nobel Prize winning work by Mather and Smoot suggests another root cause of why the universe, and this little old world, is consistently screwed up. :lol:

Odds that either of these two gentlemen of science will be the next Presidential Science advisor? Asymptotically approaching zero, at the speed of heat.

I'll be here 'til Thursday, remember to tip your waitress.

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Quote: I wonder if it/they smoked a cigarette afterwards, or a cigar.

Definitely a cigar.
At first I thought, "Mind control satellites? No way!" But now I can't remember how we lived without them.
------
WoW PC's of significance
Vaimadarsa Pavis Hykim Jakaleel Odayla Odayla
Challis was just being PC. That don't look like no cigar.
"AND THEN THE PALADIN TOOK MY EYES!"
Forever oppressed by the GOLs.
Grom Hellscream: [Orcish] kek
Quote:We offer you further work supporting the Big Bang. It wasn't just the earth that moved, it was the whole universe. :w00t: I wonder if it/they smoked a cigarette afterwards, or a cigar.

This Nobel Prize winning work by Mather and Smoot suggests another root cause of why the universe, and this little old world, is consistently screwed up. :lol:

Odds that either of these two gentlemen of science will be the next Presidential Science advisor? Asymptotically approaching zero, at the speed of heat.

I'll be here 'til Thursday, remember to tip your waitress.

Occhi

For some reason, this reminds me of what Nikola Tesla said about Einsteins theory of relativity being filled with errors. Tesla was a genius way ahead of his time for sure, so I've always wondered what he meant by that, and what his own theory regarding magnatism and gravity was. The world may never know.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
Quote:For some reason, this reminds me of what Nikola Tesla said about Einsteins theory of relativity being filled with errors. Tesla was a genius way ahead of his time for sure, so I've always wondered what he meant by that, and what his own theory regarding magnatism and gravity was. The world may never know.
"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources". -- Albert Einstein

I wonder what would have happened if all the resources heaped upon more mundane men like Westinghouse's cronies had been devoted instead to Tesla. Either realization of particle beams and gravity defying vehicles, or tossing money down a hole.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Hi,

Quote:I wonder what would have happened if all the resources heaped upon more mundane men like Westinghouse's cronies had been devoted instead to Tesla. Either realization of particle beams and gravity defying vehicles, or tossing money down a hole.
Definitely tossing money down a hole. Tesla was a genius, that cannot be denied. He was also ignorant of many of the underlying principles on which he based his gut feel inventions and theories. He was the extreme of a type we all know, the person who will accept an idea most rapidly and most devoutly the more outré it is.

Many of Tesla's claims have been busted in the years since he made them (at least one even on Mythbusters). And nothing in his writings even indicates that he understood non-Euclidean geometry well enough to be able to begin to understand Einstein's work in that field.

Perhaps the best way of expressing Tesla's nature is that if they ever make a film of his life, Michael Keaton should play Tesla (think Night Shift).;)

--Pete

PS No, I do not dislike Tesla. In many ways I admire him. But the adulation he receives is usually inversely proportional to the adulator's (?) knowledge of science and Tesla's life.

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

Quote:Hi,
Definitely tossing money down a hole. Tesla was a genius, that cannot be denied. He was also ignorant of many of the underlying principles on which he based his gut feel inventions and theories. He was the extreme of a type we all know, the person who will accept an idea most rapidly and most devoutly the more outré it is.

Many of Tesla's claims have been busted in the years since he made them (at least one even on Mythbusters). And nothing in his writings even indicates that he understood non-Euclidean geometry well enough to be able to begin to understand Einstein's work in that field.

Perhaps the best way of expressing Tesla's nature is that if they ever make a film of his life, Michael Keaton should play Tesla (think Night Shift).;)

--Pete

PS No, I do not dislike Tesla. In many ways I admire him. But the adulation he receives is usually inversely proportional to the adulator's (?) knowledge of science and Tesla's life.
I too admire him, and in fact I think he was smarter and a "better" inventor than Edison. But, when I read Tesla's criticism of Einstein's theories he comes across as a person who really didn't understand them. He was ahead of his time, and he even seemed to be ahead of his own understanding with some of his "particle beam" research.

P.S. I really do admire his auto.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Neat link.
"AND THEN THE PALADIN TOOK MY EYES!"
Forever oppressed by the GOLs.
Grom Hellscream: [Orcish] kek