Vael dead!
Second night attempting Vael and we got him! Had a 1% wipe on a pull that was heartbreaking, had a few other mishaps along the way, but we got him on the fifth pull! Congrats all on an awesome job. My apologies for not preparing past Vael for heal strats. I won't doubt you guys again. Keep on surprising me! :wub:
Intolerant monkey.
Quote:Second night attempting Vael and we got him! Had a 1% wipe on a pull that was heartbreaking, had a few other mishaps along the way, but we got him on the fifth pull! Congrats all on an awesome job. My apologies for not preparing past Vael for heal strats. I won't doubt you guys again. Keep on surprising me! :wub:

Yeah and sadly the 6 dragon pulls are the one thing in BWL that I just don't know off the top of my head. I know how the goblin packs go and the wyrmkin packs and the supression room and all the bosses for healing and tanking and DPS, but I just never can remember which dragonkin gets CC'd which get tanked, which get killed first. Not sure why. :)
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
Wow.

That was one hell of a fight.

Well done everyone, I'm so glad to have been there and gotten that done. I was expecting weeks, or even a month, to get the chaos under control. We get it week one! Unbelievable.

-Jester
Quote:Second night attempting Vael and we got him! Had a 1% wipe on a pull that was heartbreaking, had a few other mishaps along the way, but we got him on the fifth pull! Congrats all on an awesome job. My apologies for not preparing past Vael for heal strats. I won't doubt you guys again. Keep on surprising me! :wub:
That's fantastic progress. And BTW, it's an absolute requirement that all guilds have that 1% Vael wipe before the final kill. Just seems to be a rite of passage.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.

The Terenas Steamroll is starting! Big congrats!
Quote:Yeah and sadly the 6 dragon pulls are the one thing in BWL that I just don't know off the top of my head. I know how the goblin packs go and the wyrmkin packs and the supression room and all the bosses for healing and tanking and DPS, but I just never can remember which dragonkin gets CC'd which get tanked, which get killed first. Not sure why. :)

Grats, folks! That's a big step into BWL!

For you, GG.

-Death Talon Flamescales - The Surger wannabe's. Should be killed first
-Death Talon Seethers - Tranqable enragers. Second to die
-Death Talon Captain - Melee. Tank n'spank. Third to die
-Death Talon Wyrmkin - Warlock Fear or Druid Hibernate. Last to die.
~Not all who wander are lost...~
Woot! If you ever need Adirra to pull (the whole instance) for you, just say so. :)
-TheDragoon
Quote:Yeah and sadly the 6 dragon pulls are the one thing in BWL that I just don't know off the top of my head. I know how the goblin packs go and the wyrmkin packs and the supression room and all the bosses for healing and tanking and DPS, but I just never can remember which dragonkin gets CC'd which get tanked, which get killed first. Not sure why. :)

Woot! Awesome job guys! Even though we werent prepared for post Vael dragons we sure had a hella fun time with them. Everyone was so pumped up :D
Moors ~ Blood Knight, Terenas
Sinomin ~ Rogue, Terenas

I stab!
I'm nearly speechless! Awesome job! I'm excited and I wasn't even there. Congratulations! So, who got what shinies, so I know who to inspect and congratulate next time I see them? I'm really completely stunned. I bet it gets a whole lot easier to fill the raid...
------------Terenas------------
Dagorthan – Level 85 Blood Knight
Turothan – Level 83 Blood Knight
Sarothan – Level 62 Blood Knight
Durambar – Level 82 Warrior
Strifemourne – Level 80 Death Knight
Quote:I'm nearly speechless! Awesome job! I'm excited and I wasn't even there. Congratulations! So, who got what shinies, so I know who to inspect and congratulate next time I see them? I'm really completely stunned. I bet it gets a whole lot easier to fill the raid...
Mogo got herself the T2 belt, which is a complete upgrade since we haven't had many T1 belts drop. Other than that, I have to admit, I didn't pay that close attention. I know folks got nice new shinies and I gave my congrats to them, but I'll be darned if I can remember anything else this morning.:)
Intolerant monkey.
Like I said before....Lurker strats + Great Players in both Guilds = surprising progress.

That is our 2nd night on VAel only if you count the two "just for fun" pulls we gave Vael with about 5 missing raid members on the night we first dropped Razorgore, last week =)

I was expecting chaos, even with the preparation done, and instead got excellent execution from the whole raid.

BTW, I think you can just say "Lurkers and Keepers" for that run - we didn't have anyone outside of our two guilds there, and pretty much never do on New Content Night anymore.

Awesome fight. Looking forward to pushing through suppression and surprising Broodlord next Friday - not looking forward to the extra raid preparation it'll take, but thats ok =)
Jormuttar is Soo Fat...
Awesome guys!

I wish I could have been there, but as I told Treesh and Keldor, I had some personal issues that took precedence.

I really wanted to be there on Vael wip...errr... learning nights, but my schedule of late has not been very flexible.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
Quote:BTW, I think you can just say "Lurkers and Keepers" for that run - we didn't have anyone outside of our two guilds there, and pretty much never do on New Content Night anymore.
Just wanted to make sure I got everyone in there. :)

And Keldor and Wolfete helped on the strats too. Props to them as well.

*claps happily like a little school girl* It was great guys.
Intolerant monkey.
Quote:Lurker strats + Great Players in both Guilds = surprising progress.

Good to know we scummy Alliance can be of some help.;)
Druids hibernating the wyrmkin works really well, but if you don't have enough healers, then warlock CC works.:) IMO if you position them carefully somehow, you could theoretically have druids both healing and CCing.
Quote:Good to know we scummy Alliance can be of some help.;)
Nonsense, we're Alliance EZ-Mode! :)

Horde have a tougher time in BWL, that's for sure. Vael's such a huge step. Good luck with Firemaw; once he's down you really start busting the instance wide open.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Quote:Nonsense, we're Alliance EZ-Mode! :)

Eh, you know that raiding is only pressing two buttons, right? EZ-Mode for everyone!;)
Quote:Eh, you know that raiding is only pressing two buttons, right? EZ-Mode for everyone!;)

Hehe. For me on Vael... it really was a one button fight. A few preshields, then...

HOLY NOVA
HOLY NOVA
HOLY NOVA
HOLY NOVA

and hope I get burning adrenaline.

I definitely need to get more effective on that fight but we did get the job done.
Quote:Hehe. For me on Vael... it really was a one button fight. A few preshields, then...
HOLY NOVA
HOLY NOVA
HOLY NOVA
HOLY NOVA

and hope I get burning adrenaline.

I definitely need to get more effective on that fight but we did get the job done.

Last time you got Burning Adrenaline, I seem to recall you blowing me to smithereens.

;)

-Jester
Quote:Last time you got Burning Adrenaline, I seem to recall you blowing me to smithereens.

;)

-Jester
That is what is technically known as "a minor detail" and therefore can be ignored.;)
Intolerant monkey.