The Hazards of Modern Javelins
She should have put more points in Avoid.
Looks like this old Amazon forgot to close the range before policing the brass.
My Boy Scouts archery instructor would not have been impressed with her performance. :(
Quote:Athletics judge speared by javelin

2.00pm Wednesday September 27, 2006

SAO PAULO - An athletics judge was speared in the foot by a wayward javelin while watching over warm-ups for the national javelin championships in Sao Paulo. The javelin pierced Lia Marie Lourenco's entire foot, before she fell screaming to the ground.

Medics desperately tried to calm her while an ambulance was called to take her to hospital after the incident on Sunday. The tip of the javelin was successfully removed by surgery.

Lourenco is a well-experienced javelin judge, with more than 10 years of experience, and had entered the warm-up field to recover another fallen javelin.

- REUTERS
Occhi

Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Hi,

Lourenco is a well-experienced javelin judge, with more than 10 years of experience, and had entered the warm-up field to recover another fallen javelin.
Lucky for her that she isn't a biathlon judge;)

Reminds me of the joke that ends, "You don't have ten years of experience, you have one year of experience ten times."

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

[Image: dodge2.jpg]

Saw this in my daily rag newspaper this morning, and I must admit the photograph they had looked much worse than what it appeared to be: The javelin was angled so it looked like it had entered somewhere in the lower leg and emerged through the sole of the foot.

Of course, I blame ninjas for this meself:shuriken:
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?...73&cc=5901

Quote:Scrotum injury ends Chinese teenager's season

BEIJING, Sept 25 (Reuters) - Shenyang Ginde player Liu Jianye will miss the rest of the domestic Chinese Super League season after suffering a split scrotum during a club match, local media reported on Monday.

The 19-year-old midfielder's injury, sustained after Xiamen Lanshi defender Meng Yao kicked him after 15 minutes of Sunday's game, was the latest in a series to plague the northeastern China club, the Beijing News said.

Liu's injury would require an operation and at least 10 stitches, the newspaper said.

Last month, Ginde paid 1.3 million yuan ($164,000) in compensation to former player and Guinea international, Ousmane Bangoura, who lost the sight of his right eye after his eyeball was ruptured by an opponent's studs in a club match against Qingdao Luneng in July.

Ginde, lying third from bottom of the Chinese Super League with three games left in the 2006 season, also lost defenders Wang Jiaduo to a broken nose and Wang Qiang to a broken cheekbone earlier in the year.

'Ginde has had four serious injuries this season and countless light injuries,' Ginde's Dutch coach, Martin Koopman, told a news conference after the game.

'The whole club is like a hospital. Our players have suffered too much.'
Quote:... Our players have suffered too much.
Quoted for emphasis!
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Quote:Reminds me of the joke that ends, "You don't have ten years of experience, you have one year of experience ten times."

I'm pretty sure she's been upgraded to ten years of experience now.

--me