BC Closed Beta next week?
Looks like my guild is one of the lucky ones to be invited to Closed Beta.

Quote:Greetings!

We would like to officially invite you and select members of your guild to take part in the closed beta test for our upcoming expansion, World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade. If you would like to participate, please respond to this email and include the name and email address of 25 other guild members whom you'd like to receive an invite.

PLEASE NOTE: While we’re getting closer to the closed beta testing phase, we don’t have a target start date yet. Invitations and instructions will be emailed once the closed beta test is set to begin.

Please use the following format in your response:

Guild Leader
Full Name
Email Address

Player 1
Full Name
Email Address

Player 2
Full Name
Email Address

Player 3
<!-- D(["mb","Full NameFull Name
Email Address

etc..

Thank you for playing World of Warcraft, and we look forward to seeing you in Outland!

I can't wait to do some testing!!!!

Anyone else receive Closed beta invites???
Cenarius Alliance

Liscentia 80 Death Knight (450 Herbalism 425 Inscription)
Mysteryium 80 Shaman (450 Skinning 441 Leatherworking)
Tutelin 80 Priest (413 Enchanting 420 Tailoring)
Frozzen 73 Mage (Tailoring 375 Enchanting 375)
Obstinate 71 Hunter (375 Herbalism 375 Alchemy)
Squabbles 70 Warlock (Tailoring 375 Leatherworking 291)
Niniuin 70 Paladin (Herbailism 375 Alchemy 375)
Thunderous 66 Warrior (Mining 375 Tailoring 360)
Hot news from a major German WoW fansite:

Quote:Closed Beta Start nächste Woche?
von Gunslinger, Dienstag, den 26. September 2006, 23:50 Uhr

Wir haben ein wenig herumtelefoniert, uns umgehört und nochmal ein wenig herumtelefoniert und schwupps - sind wir genauso schlau wie vorher:P: Eine Kleinigkeit gibt es aber vielleicht doch zu vermelden: Wie uns zugetragen wurde, wird die Burning Crusade Closed Beta aller Voraussicht nach nächste Woche starten, allerspätestens aber die Woche drauf. Und sie soll auch gute zwei Monate laufen, was bedeuten würde, dass sich der Release auf Anfang Dezember verschiebt. Hm, reine Spekulation? Oder vielleicht doch nicht?

Eine Open Beta wird es jedenfalls nicht geben.
Source: http://wow.gamona.de/
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
Quote:Hot news from a major German WoW fansite:
Source: http://wow.gamona.de/

Mind giving a translation for those of us not fluent in German?
The (usually well informed) website owners have heard that the BC Closed Beta will most likely start the next week, but not later than the week after next, once the BC Hunter talents & spells have been made public.
The BC Closed Beta will run about two months, which means that BC will be in stores not before the first half of December 2006.

There will be no public Open Beta.
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller
The Core got 25 beta keys. I'm getting one of them! Neriad, the Blood Elf priestess, perhaps?
From http://www.worldofwar.net/ today:

Quote:Ok folks this has appeared on the EU site, Beta Coming to Europe...

Quote:Hello! We would like to give you some insight into our invitation process for the upcoming closed Beta of The Burning Crusade.

We are inviting players from all different playing areas. And we feel we have a pretty fair distribution, so as to make sure that when T.B.C. comes out we will have had beta testing of all the many, different aspects of our exciting, first World of Warcraft expansion.

To maximise the testing process we intend to introduce players into the test in multiple waves. People who aren't in at the beginning of the test could very well be invited in a subsequent phase.

Testers will be contacted in due time. For those who do receive invites, we will not be asking you for your password or account name, so don't be fooled by any scams.

And last but not least, we'll be providing more information to everyone soon!
Quote:The BC Closed Beta will run about two months, which means that BC will be in stores not before the first half of December 2006.

Yeech. That's what I was afraid of. Two months to balance 9 classes? It takes two months for them to balance ONE class. Especially since they apparently have huge changes in store for hunters.... and their talents aren't even available for preview yet.

I am looking forward to more tales of Neriad though.
Edit: Oops! wanted to reply to MJ
Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm!
Quote:The Core got 25 beta keys. I'm getting one of them! Neriad, the Blood Elf priestess, perhaps?
Please do make a bloodknight!:)
Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm!
Quote:Please do make a bloodknight!:)

I don't play easy mode. :P
Quote:I don't play easy mode. :P

Its okay we understand its too complicated for you.;):w00t:
Quote:The Core got 25 beta keys. I'm getting one of them! Neriad, the Blood Elf priestess, perhaps?

There appears to have been a grave oversight--Blizzard hasn't sent me even one beta key!

I'm sure that'll be cleared up any day now...:whistling: