Scavenger's Carapace
[Image: scavenger.jpg]

246 AC, alright!

Ok, what is going on here? I was killed while wearing it, and the next thing I know, nothing can touch me...
--Lang

Diabolic Psyche - the site with Diablo on the Brain!
http://members.core.com/~dfrease/JGFrame.html
jarulf says:
AC -6 to -10
+5 dexterity
+40% resist lightning
-15 damage from enemies

so someone hacked the armor on this thing. where'd you get it? it should be negative 6 to negative 10 armor, actually lowering your armor. even a perfect 150 ac x 75% awesome plate would only be 187 ac. 246 is huge!
Mh.. is it a mod?
The effect actually decreases the Base AC by 30. Since the Breast Plate has 20-24 AC, you get -10 to -6 then, but I never experienced any overroll issues (or whatever this is) there.
That is the old hellfire wrap-around bug. Next game SC will be back to normal.
Quote:That is the old hellfire wrap-around bug. Next game SC will be back to normal.

Yes, in a new game it goes back to normal at -10 AC. The bug is repeatable, however, because I got myself killed again, and once again the AC looped around to 246 again. I was familiar with various wrap-around bugs, but I was under the impression that they happened when creating a new game. For example, if a hidden shrine increases an item's dur. past 255, in the NEXT game it would loop around to some horribly low number - and then stay that way. I never heard of it happening only when being killed, and then FIXING itself in a new game. Weird.
--Lang

Diabolic Psyche - the site with Diablo on the Brain!
Quote:Yes, in a new game it goes back to normal at -10 AC. The bug is repeatable, however, because I got myself killed again, and once again the AC looped around to 246 again. I was familiar with various wrap-around bugs, but I was under the impression that they happened when creating a new game. For example, if a hidden shrine increases an item's dur. past 255, in the NEXT game it would loop around to some horribly low number - and then stay that way. I never heard of it happening only when being killed, and then FIXING itself in a new game. Weird.

From my understanding, the WrapAround bugs happen due to the way the number is stored. And it's something like this: When a new game is loaded, it retrieves a signed integer value. "Signed" means that it can differentiate between negative and positive integers. When you drop an item on a dlvl and subsequently leave the dlvl, the game has to store information about the items on the ground. When it does this, if it stores unsigned integers, then when the game retrieves the information it will report very large positive integers instead of negative integers. Hellfire is known to get confused with things like -AC and -ToHit, but it handles -STATS just fine.

Kp can no doubt tell you exactly what's going on, but for gameplay purposes, it's enough to what sorts of enchantments the game doesn't handle well so that you can avoid leaving them lying around.

-Lemmy
funny how this game changed from: how to kill the monsters, to: how to understand the code. :w00t:
Quote:funny how this game changed from: how to kill the monsters, to: how to understand the code. :w00t:

I thought that happened years ago...

-Lemmy
You've just expierianced the Scavenger Carpace Bug, ive herd of it many times before but did'nt belive it was 100% real. This is what it is: If you equip that certain armor drop it, pick it back up and re-equip it, the AC alters to 240+ i don't know why but thats what happens. Aswell as another bug with the Lightsabre, samething except the DMG alters to 1k, as i herd.
[Image: diabloplayerps4.png]