Anybody Remember Me?
Anyone remember me from WAY back in the D2 days? I gave up on D2 a while ago, and have since picked up WoW. I currently have 4 level 60 characters - Hunter, Shaman, Mage, and Priest - all horde. They are all located on the Shadow Council server (RP) and all in the same guild which I run, Orgrimmar Home Finance.

Was thinking about trying to get hooked up with some of the ancient lurkers if there are any left. See where you guys are playing now. You guys playing alliance? Horde? Would be willing to re-roll a new char to get in with some of the lurkers. I have been reading the boards for a few weeks, just trying to recognize some names. Picked up on Bolty, of course. Tal and Occhi I remember, but wondering if there are others I am just missing, and where I can hook up with you guys online if you would still have me. If alliance, I will likely wait until the expansion so that I can start a Draenei mage. Something about being as big as a Tauren and shooting fireballs seems fun.

Even if I am the last of a dying breed, I am glad to be back and glad to know this board is still around. This board easily topped Blizzard's own D2 boards back in membership and content several years ago. Would love to make this my new WoW home.
Quote:Anyone remember me from WAY back in the D2 days? I gave up on D2 a while ago, and have since picked up WoW. I currently have 4 level 60 characters - Hunter, Shaman, Mage, and Priest - all horde. They are all located on the Shadow Council server (RP) and all in the same guild which I run, Orgrimmar Home Finance.

Was thinking about trying to get hooked up with some of the ancient lurkers if there are any left. See where you guys are playing now. You guys playing alliance? Horde? Would be willing to re-roll a new char to get in with some of the lurkers. I have been reading the boards for a few weeks, just trying to recognize some names. Picked up on Bolty, of course. Tal and Occhi I remember, but wondering if there are others I am just missing, and where I can hook up with you guys online if you would still have me. If alliance, I will likely wait until the expansion so that I can start a Draenei mage. Something about being as big as a Tauren and shooting fireballs seems fun.

Even if I am the last of a dying breed, I am glad to be back and glad to know this board is still around. This board easily topped Blizzard's own D2 boards back in membership and content several years ago. Would love to make this my new WoW home.

Oh, there are still people here for whom 3 years ago is "recent." :D

If you're thinking of rolling horde, there's a thriving lurker community on Terenas, which you'd be welcome to join. We've got plenty of new people and alts at low levels, so even a new character would fit right in.

Or, if you'd rather join the traitorous, doglike alliance, feel free to mosey on over to Stormrage or wherever the Alliance scum are playing these days. :P

-Jester
Quote:Oh, there are still people here for whom 3 years ago is "recent." :D

If you're thinking of rolling horde, there's a thriving lurker community on Terenas, which you'd be welcome to join. We've got plenty of new people and alts at low levels, so even a new character would fit right in.

Or, if you'd rather join the traitorous, doglike alliance, feel free to mosey on over to Stormrage or wherever the Alliance scum are playing these days. :P

-Jester

Hehe. I think I remember you Jester. Three years ago was when I LEFT. I had originally joined before the boards changed, crashed, then changed again. When we all had to re-register on these boards, I registered, but then sort of fell out of the lurker fold. What are the names of the guild on Teneras/Stormrage? That way I can get a quick /who and see if there are some folks I could travel with. May even want to transfer a 60 to Teneras.

(p.s. There was one poster way back that used to flame bliz on these boards pretty good. Every time he would post something, it immediately started a huge flamewar that was 20 pages long. Actually was a pretty nice guy, had his own web site before that kind of thing was fashionable. I can't remember his name to save my life. Any ideas?)
Quote:What are the names of the guild on Teneras/Stormrage? That way I can get a quick /who and see if there are some folks I could travel with. May even want to transfer a 60 to Teneras.

The guilds on both servers are "Lurkers".

Quote:(p.s. There was one poster way back that used to flame bliz on these boards pretty good. Every time he would post something, it immediately started a huge flamewar that was 20 pages long. Actually was a pretty nice guy, had his own web site before that kind of thing was fashionable. I can't remember his name to save my life. Any ideas?)

Sirian, possibly? He still posts here infrequently.

I do remember you, but I was very much a lurking Lurker in those days.:)
At first I thought, "Mind control satellites? No way!" But now I can't remember how we lived without them.
------
WoW PC's of significance
Vaimadarsa Pavis Hykim Jakaleel Odayla Odayla
Quote:Hehe. I think I remember you Jester. Three years ago was when I LEFT. I had originally joined before the boards changed, crashed, then changed again. When we all had to re-register on these boards, I registered, but then sort of fell out of the lurker fold. What are the names of the guild on Teneras/Stormrage? That way I can get a quick /who and see if there are some folks I could travel with. May even want to transfer a 60 to Teneras.

(p.s. There was one poster way back that used to flame bliz on these boards pretty good. Every time he would post something, it immediately started a huge flamewar that was 20 pages long. Actually was a pretty nice guy, had his own web site before that kind of thing was fashionable. I can't remember his name to save my life. Any ideas?)

Yeah, that'd be Sirian all right. Although I think what he did was well more than just flame; the man has some serious ideas about game design, and it seems probable that the WoW PvE servers are the way they are partly on the basis of those old arguments.

He's still around, one of the doyens over at Realms Beyond, running the Civilization 4 epics, and generally having a good time. Not on board with WoW, though.

-Jester
Quote:Yeah, that'd be Sirian all right. Although I think what he did was well more than just flame; the man has some serious ideas about game design, and it seems probable that the WoW PvE servers are the way they are partly on the basis of those old arguments.

He's still around, one of the doyens over at Realms Beyond, running the Civilization 4 epics, and generally having a good time. Not on board with WoW, though.

-Jester
I think Sirian was hired on, or did some contract work with, Civ IV for Firaxis. I'd say that was a good idea, what with some of his excellent ideas on balance and challenge for Civ III.

Hi Sal, still Private Eye'ing, or otherwise engaged?

Occhi
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Quote:I think Sirian was hired on, or did some contract work with, Civ IV for Firaxis. I'd say that was a good idea, what with some of his excellent ideas on balance and challenge for Civ III.

Hi Sal, still Private Eye'ing, or otherwise engaged?

Occhi

I am otherwise engaged. I now am a telephony engineer for VOIP systems. A far cry from what I used to do, but the work is steady.

Yep, it was Sirian. Couldn't remember that name. Thanks for the reminder. I may get over and see how some of the lurkers are doing.

Occhi, still living in Texas?
Holy crap. Not only was it Sirian, but he still has the text of one of the biggest flamewars ever.

http://sirian.warpcore.org/diablo2/protest-2.html

I remember thinking he was full of crap until I read that guide and posted. Hindsight is 20/20, and I guess having PvP and PvE servers be separate really WAS a good idea. The PvP toggle switch was a pretty good idea, too. All of that came from Sirian, and WoW is probably a better game for it.