Different Wish List for BC
One of the things I'd really like to see in the Burning Crusade is a completion of unfinished content currently in the game. It seems like there are quest lines everywhere that deadend, or one instance after another where there should be a quest in place... but there is none. Just listing what I can come up with off the top of my head...

Class Quests

Druid's Cat Form - The Great Cat Spirit wanders southern Moonglade, though the majority of level 60 Druids would stare blankly at you if you told them that and say, "you just train it." There's obviously intent to create a quest here.

Druid's Dire Bear Form - No return to the Great Bear Spirit. No text. No nothing. Just a friendly pat on the back and the reward of more armor. Disappointing considering the 1-16 quests for Druid abilities that really drew a player into the game and class.

(note: I'm hoping and praying the flight form has a long quest chain involved)

Warlock's Fel Steed - "This will not be so easy in the future," is the text describing what one must do to summon a demonic steed from the abyssal planes. The warlock is then promptly given the summon spell without gathering any reagents or performing the actual summoning ritual. It's the only minion in the game currently without an associated quest.

Paladin's Mount - The groundwork is there... but the quest does not exist. The cultist area in southeastern Desolace is set up for a Paladin to rescue his trusty mount, but unfortunately it's another freebie.

Mage's Portals - Huh? Just speak to a trainer and you receive the ability to bend space and instantly teleport 40 people across Azeroth? No quest?

Cut-off Quest Lines

What the *rants, raves, throws a fit* ...*ahem* What the heck happened at the Shady Rest Inn?

That red crystal in Darkshore. No continuation in Felwood?

Missing Diplomat. 'nough said.

Morrowgrain.

The Crystal of Zin-Malor.

Letters from the Front - This one may be completed by Blizzard's standards... yet I mention it nonetheless. I haven't had fresh quests do until the recent invasion and this was a huge letdown in the end.

Feel free to add more, I'm just venting a bit at the idea of an expansion being released when the original game is still an unfinished product. I loved doing the quests with each character class at early levels. They were immersive and made one feel part of Azeroth. The things I've listed above are either obviously incomplete or sorely in need of attention. Let's hope they're not too busy making the Outlands look cool.
See you in Town,
-Z
But did you enjoy the [Freshly Squeezed Lemonade] and the [Friendship Bread]? :lol:
Quote:But did you enjoy the [Freshly Squeezed Lemonade] and the [Friendship Bread]? :lol:

The hearts over my head are a true indicator that I helped ease the pain of one in need.
See you in Town,
-Z
All that, and the Essence of Eranikus.

I am not very optimistic that they'll do much with the "old" content, but maybe with a wave of new Blood Elves and Dranei flowing up, it might be worthwhile.
At first I thought, "Mind control satellites? No way!" But now I can't remember how we lived without them.
------
WoW PC's of significance
Vaimadarsa Pavis Hykim Jakaleel Odayla Odayla
Quote:All that, and the Essence of Eranikus.

I am not very optimistic that they'll do much with the "old" content, but maybe with a wave of new Blood Elves and Dranei flowing up, it might be worthwhile.

The Scepter of the Shifting Sands questlines pretty much guarantee there will be no further progress in that quest chain. I hope this isn't the precedent for things to come.
See you in Town,
-Z
Quote:One of the things I'd really like to see in the Burning Crusade is a completion of unfinished content currently in the game. It seems like there are quest lines everywhere that deadend, or one instance after another where there should be a quest in place... but there is none. Just listing what I can come up with off the top of my head...

Class Quests

Druid's Cat Form - The Great Cat Spirit wanders southern Moonglade, though the majority of level 60 Druids would stare blankly at you if you told them that and say, "you just train it." There's obviously intent to create a quest here.

Druid's Dire Bear Form - No return to the Great Bear Spirit. No text. No nothing. Just a friendly pat on the back and the reward of more armor. Disappointing considering the 1-16 quests for Druid abilities that really drew a player into the game and class.

(note: I'm hoping and praying the flight form has a long quest chain involved)

Warlock's Fel Steed - "This will not be so easy in the future," is the text describing what one must do to summon a demonic steed from the abyssal planes. The warlock is then promptly given the summon spell without gathering any reagents or performing the actual summoning ritual. It's the only minion in the game currently without an associated quest.

Paladin's Mount - The groundwork is there... but the quest does not exist. The cultist area in southeastern Desolace is set up for a Paladin to rescue his trusty mount, but unfortunately it's another freebie.

Mage's Portals - Huh? Just speak to a trainer and you receive the ability to bend space and instantly teleport 40 people across Azeroth? No quest?
Cut-off Quest Lines

What the *rants, raves, throws a fit* ...*ahem* What the heck happened at the Shady Rest Inn?

That red crystal in Darkshore. No continuation in Felwood?

Missing Diplomat. 'nough said.

Morrowgrain.

The Crystal of Zin-Malor.

Letters from the Front - This one may be completed by Blizzard's standards... yet I mention it nonetheless. I haven't had fresh quests do until the recent invasion and this was a huge letdown in the end.
Feel free to add more, I'm just venting a bit at the idea of an expansion being released when the original game is still an unfinished product. I loved doing the quests with each character class at early levels. They were immersive and made one feel part of Azeroth. The things I've listed above are either obviously incomplete or sorely in need of attention. Let's hope they're not too busy making the Outlands look cool.
Hehe, you've pretty much hit all the things I'd like to see finished off. What I'd really like to see is a little bit of life injected into all the level 40+ zones. It's a shame that STV is about as good as it gets and from then on out thing just get, well, repetetive and grindy. (With the occasional exception.) I'm sure the expansion patch zones will be very lively though.:)

PS. Ooh, I just thought of one. I'd like to see the arch-mage in Azshara get a bit of a face lift. He's there. He's cool. He.....doesn't seem to do much at all. Oh, and maybe they could get around to finishing off the ravasaur (spelling?) trainer stuff in Nofun'goro.
I hate flags

"Then Honor System came out and I had b*$@& tattoo'd on my forehead and a "kick me" sign taped to my back." - Tiku

Stormscale: Treglies, UD Mage; Treggles, 49 Orc Shaman; Tregor, semi-un-retired Druid.

Terenas (all retired): 60 Druid; 60 Shaman. (Not very creative with my character selection, am I?!Wink
Quote:PS. Ooh, I just thought of one. I'd like to see the arch-mage in Azshara get a bit of a face lift. He's there. He's cool. He.....doesn't seem to do much at all.

That can actually describe Azshara as a whole. I mean its right there, full of interesting mobs (hippogriffs, chimera, ghosts, satyr, etc) But theres nothing *to* it. Pretty much yeah, everything after STV is either dull, ugly, or useless.
"You can build a perfect machine out of imperfect parts."
-Urza

He's an old-fashioned Amish cyborg with no name. She's a virginal nymphomaniac fairy princess married to the Mob. Together, they fight crime!

The Blizzcon Class Discussion:
Crowd: "Our qq's will blot out the sun"
Warlocks: "Then we will pewpew in the shade"
Quote:That can actually describe Azshara as a whole. I mean its right there, full of interesting mobs (hippogriffs, chimera, ghosts, satyr, etc) But theres nothing *to* it. Pretty much yeah, everything after STV is either dull, ugly, or useless.

Including the shipwrecked humans along the south coast, who sort of have a quest that sort of doesn't do anything. It's nice to go watch the sunset with the second mate on the rock, though.

Quote:The Scepter of the Shifting Sands questlines pretty much guarantee there will be no further progress in [the Eranikus] chain.

In which case, that bloke in Winterspring can stop telling me he needs me to find his missing augury. And why is it that it's always only Silithus and Eastern Plaguelands that are considered the "highest level areas in the game"? WS has plenty of very high level mobs.

Blasted Lands could do with a bit of a revamp, too.
You don't know what you're talking about.
The whole Shadow Council line (for Horde).

We get a glimpse at the dark dealings of the Shadow Council, but after investigating that outpost in Desolace, all the dark scheming and plotting seemingly ends. It really needs continuation.

Ravasaur Mount trainers in Un'goro.

No, it's not a quest... But they have been in the game for so long, that really, it's overdue to finally make them function properly.

Uldaman/Titans quest line.

So we had a sneak-peak at the creation of races and the Titans involvement in this. When will we see more? Uldum is already there, in Tanaris, guarded by giants. Although I do see two reasons why Blizzard might wait for a while with Uldum - one, they will be waiting for opening of Northrend (since Ulduar is there), and two, they have to figure out how Titans fit into the scheme of the WoW Universe (given that the whole origin/role of Titans is now unclear), which would most certainly be important in designing the Uldum dungeon - whether Titans will be friends or enemies, maybe both...

An insanely hard and long quest to learn to ride a Devilsaur please from the Ravasaur Trainers in Un'goro
Quote:One of the things I'd really like to see in the Burning Crusade is a completion of unfinished content currently in the game. It seems like there are quest lines everywhere that deadend, or one instance after another where there should be a quest in place...

You seem to be confusing WoW with some other game. Get into those endgame instances the way you're supposed to and stop making trouble.
Quote:That can actually describe Azshara as a whole. I mean its right there, full of interesting mobs (hippogriffs, chimera, ghosts, satyr, etc) But theres nothing *to* it. Pretty much yeah, everything after STV is either dull, ugly, or useless.

Azshara does fall very short of its potential -- although it was a very nice place to take a fishing vacation after my priest retired.

I really like the plaguelands though. The grindy quests are for the most part scene-setting for more detailed group questlines (Tirion Fordring, Darrowshire, Nathanatos Blightcaller's quests) that are a lot of fun and really give you a feel (as someone who never played the warcraft RTS games) for what went on. If the game had no instances at all (but still had group play), it would make a satisfying conclusion to the whole 1-60 experience.

If anything I'd like to see the group events that have been blatantly nerfed into cinematics (Taelan in Hearthglen, the Great Masquerade in Stormwind, i'm sure there's more i'm forgetting) changed (back?) into challenging fights.

-- frink