The Mr Clean Magic Eraser appreciation thread
If you have not yet tried the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser for really tough stains, you should.

Here is my Magic Eraser testimonial. Mr. Clean can put it on his website.

My bathtub is in sorry shape. The enamel is all but gone, and the surface is something akin to 20 grit sandpaper. Those little pits and holes have attracted a lovely amount of dirt over the years. Since I am moving out in less than a week, I must make sure that my apartment is as clean as I can get it.

The dirt that my enamel-free bathtub collected in the tiny pits was uncleanable. In the past two weeks, I have tried:
  • Scouring the tub with Ajax and Comet and a dense scouring pad<>
  • Soaking the tub in 100% bleach<>
  • Soaking in CLR<>
  • Soaking in Lime Away<>
  • Soaking in industrial strength descaler<>
    [st]
    None of these things did much. The light shade of gray on the bottom of the tub remained. I put at least 20 hours of harsh elbow-twinging effort into cleaning my tub, to no avail.

Then I tried a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. HOLY SMOKES STAINS GONE IN 30 SECONDS! I was absolutely floored. One Magic Eraser and 30 seconds did what the above list could not do. My tub is still enamel-free, but at least it's white again.
Top Secret Fun Fact: Mr. Clean Magic Erasers work because they contain antimatter. I'm buying caseloads of the things in order to get a head-start on the starship propulsion industry.
Political Correctness is the idea that you can foster tolerance in a diverse world through the intolerance of anything that strays from a clinical standard.
Quote:-- snip --
Then I tried a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. HOLY SMOKES STAINS GONE IN 30 SECONDS! I was absolutely floored. One Magic Eraser and 30 seconds did what the above list could not do. My tub is still enamel-free, but at least it's white again.

You have to be careful with those things though. I used one on a section of drywall in the basement to get out a smudge of grass stain rubbed off of the weed-whacker, and it worked just great, accept the cleaned space was then 4 shades broghter than the rest of the wall. I thought about going over as much of the rest of the wall as possible, then remembered that the only person who will see it is me, and I don't really care all that much. Had it been upstairs though, the Mrs. would have me going over the rest of the wall until the whole thing was the same color. :rolleyes:
but often it happens you know / that the things you don't trust are the ones you need most....
Opening lines of "Psalm" by Hey Rosetta!
Quote:You have to be careful with those things though. I used one on a section of drywall in the basement to get out a smudge of grass stain rubbed off of the weed-whacker, and it worked just great, accept the cleaned space was then 4

inches deeper than the rest of the wall. <----What I thought was coming

--me
Deebye.. this is all very nice and all.. but is it a freebie? :mellow:
Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw
Quote:Deebye.. this is all very nice and all.. but is it a freebie? :mellow:

No, but it was on sale :)
Quote:Deebye.. this is all very nice and all.. but is it a freebie? :mellow:
Hmmm, free? How about a Free Adobe CD?
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Quote:Hmmm, free? How about a Free Adobe CD?

That's just a free sample of a "How to use Photoshop" CD:angry:

You had me all worked up for nothing.
Quote:That's just a free sample of a "How to use Photoshop" CD:angry:

You had me all worked up for nothing.
Knowledge is power. And, have you looked at the price of power lately?
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

Quote:*snip*

The secrect is Basotect, from BASF, the company where "We don't make the thing you use, we make the thing you use better."

Informational Linkage Here

It's essentially a gigantic toothbrush.....

<span style="font-family:Arial Narrow">Better Life Thru Chemistry<!--fontc--><!--/fontc-->
Quote:The secrect is Basotect, from BASF, the company where "We don't make the thing you use, we make the thing you use better."

Informational Linkage Here

It's essentially a gigantic toothbrush.....

<span style="font-family:Arial Narrow">Better Life Thru Chemistry<!--fontc--><!--/fontc-->
Wizards! Check out the phase change material Micronal® PCM!

edit: Does anyone really believe that this Giant Toothbrush at $199 ea. is a "most requested item"?

Quote:The secrect is Basotect, from BASF, the company where "We don't make the thing you use, we make the thing you use better."

Wow, it's also good for soundproofing and fire resistance. Truly a wonder of science!
Quote:Wow, it's also good for soundproofing and fire resistance. Truly a wonder of science!

And it cures cancer, refinances your home, and enlarges your...

--me
Quote:And it cures cancer, refinances your home, and enlarges your...

--me

nose!
Why can't we all just get along

--Pete

>nose!

He's probably insinuating another word. A word that starts with the letter 'P'. You know, 'pupils'. Though the obesity rate among students is no laughing matter.
It enlargarges your prostate?

It's twue it's twue!
All alone, or in twos,
The ones who really love you
Walk up and down outside the wall.
Some hand in hand
And some gathered together in bands.
The bleeding hearts and artists
Make their stand.

And when they've given you their all
Some stagger and fall, after all it's not easy
Banging your heart against some mad buggers wall.

"Isn't this where...."
Quote: He's probably insinuating another word. A word that starts with the letter 'P'. You know, 'pupils'. Though the obesity rate among students is no laughing matter.

Or perhaps Griselda misspelled her word of choice there. Silent Ps are your friend.

--me
Quote:Or perhaps Griselda misspelled her word of choice there. Silent Ps are your friend.

--me
oo-ills?

I work in a Deli. We order about 3 cases a week of magic erasers, and we use every single one of them. A case consists of 8 Boxes of 4 Erasers, 96 erasers in a span of 7 days. What do we use them on? Practically EVERYthing. My Personal favorite is our cheese slicer , Nicknamed 'The Colby Cannon' due to the large amount of cheesedust it throws onto the wall each day. Imagine 10 hours worth of cheese tucked into every single imaginable corner of a slicer. Without a Magic Eraser it takes me seriously around 30 minutes to clean the colby cannon, with one no more than 5. If youve never used one and thought them to just be a hype then i highly reccommend you pick up a box some day just for experimentations. Even if you dont think there is anything you would ever clean that would require something 'different', youd be surprised what you would find in day to day life to use them on. Bathtubs, Microwaves, exceptionally greaseridden dishes, Stove Tops, its safe to use on just about anything imaginable.

And considering this is only my 10th post in a year of lurking, it has to be 'that' good:)
When you reach the edge of everything, and the only thing left to do is step into the darkness rest assured one of to things shall happen. Either there will be ground for you to stand on or you shall be taught to fly.
I feel the need to add my appreciation and wonderstory to the mix:

I moved into my house a year ago, the people who lived there before had 5 kids who used the downstairs bathroom to brush their teeth and refused to wash the toothpaste down the drain, just spit and go.

The sink was a cheapie plastic sink, not porcelain and the bowl was stained blue. Nothing else came close to getting the stain out, the people swore to me that they had scrubbed the sink over and over. It was so bad I was certain I would have to buy another sink.

One magic eraser later, the sink was back to its old color. I use these things for everything now.
Falomin

Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die.

- Mel Brooks