Warlocks life tapping during pve raids
Quote:Hahaha, Pro-Lifetap. I like that. Anyone want to start a political party?:D

Out of combat, warlocks should lifetap until health and mana bars are equal, and then sit down and eat and drink. (Yes, when working with a party you should carry food and drink, warlocks!)

Out of combat, healers are not obliged to do anything for warlocks, but a HoT is always nice. If a healer has a few hundred mana left, why not drop a HoT on some warlock before the healer sitting down to drink?

In combat, healers should put a HoT on a lifetapping warlock if higher-priority heal targets (like tanks or other healers) are OK to be ignored for a second or so and there seems no danger of running out of mana any time soon.

In combat, warlocks should bandage after lifetapping, hopefully supplemented with HoTs per above. (These days, bandaging is even better because you don't have to switch targets with auto-cast-self turned on.)

I emphasize HoT because they are mana and time efficient ...

As a warlock, it bothers me somewhat when a healer spends 3 seconds of their time putting a Greater Heal or a Healing Touch on me when I'm not under attack, healing me for 3000 points 1000 of which are probably wasted. I don't complain about this, of course; it just bothers me a little.

Of course maybe my point of view is a bit different since I have Dark Pact, and can get back mana at half the rate of Life Tap without a health cost. So I mix up Life Tap and Dark Pact.

I still think the rules above apply, though.

PS As opposed to warlocks, murlocs should NEVER be healed.
I play a warlock and the main thing to do ist talk to your healers. This applies to the healers, too. If I play my class the way it is designed to be (high stamina, medium Int, zero regeneration inside the 5sec rule, mediocre regeneration outside it), I have to lifetap.

This is no problem, as my life pool is so "huge" compared to other casters, that even when sitting at 60% life I have more life left than many mages. So no need to panic. In fights without aoe I even tap to 20% life or below, if I think the fight will be over before I need more mana. Otherwise I slap on a bandage or use a stone or health potion. I really never use mana potions, with the exception of fights where max dps needs to be applied, because life tap costs time. Health potions are more effective.

What do I expect from a healer in my raid? Nothing. If they can spare a rejuv/renew, I´ll gladly take it. I like hots, because it is some kind of guaranteed healing, that I can take into account if I think about tapping some more. It´s my job to make sure that none of the precious healing is wasted ;-) A healer has to decide if he is able to put a hot on a warlock. The warlock has to lifetap to be effective.

Some healers in my raid even whisper a "do it" if the situation is in control and they know they will be able to do their job and still help the locks.
I think both healers and warlocks are getting used to "improved" Life Tap introduced by the most recent patch. Whereas before I my (untalented) Life Taps were creatinmg 424 mana for 424 health, now they create ~800 mana (depending on what gear I'm wearing).

I appreciate heals when life tapping, but I don't expect them. If I'm out of combat I'll eat and drink (I'm a big customer of the Argent Dawn's baked goods - love those Enriched Manna Biscuits). In combat I'll bandage.

I can understand the frustration at warlocks who lifetap down their health between pulls - and don't at least start to eat or drink.

There is a special category - demonology warlocks with the Fel Stamina bonus from a sacrificed void walker. You'll probably see these guys tapping early and often because they regenerate the life lost fairly quickly.

Chris