Blizz forum trouble
Is anyone else having trouble using the blizzard forums at the moment?

Current common behaviour:
Asking for a new page of current thread, navigating to a different forum or loading a new forum page kicks me to the welcome screen.
Trying to post a reply starts an endless login loop. It is checking my password since putting in a wrong one gets me to the wrong password screen but putting in the right one just loads the login screen again.

Neither is 100%, backing up and trying again will eventually load the right screen. Still more trouble than it's worth.
What browser are you using? I can only get the forums to work using IE. They cause tons of rendering and cachine problems in Opera, and can even make the browser outright crash.
Quote:What browser are you using? I can only get the forums to work using IE. They cause tons of rendering and cachine problems in Opera, and can even make the browser outright crash.

I'm using IE6. I've observed this behaviour at home and on several work PC's.
Quote:Is anyone else having trouble using the blizzard forums at the moment?

Asking for a new page of current thread, navigating to a different forum or loading a new forum page kicks me to the welcome screen.
Trying to post a reply starts an endless login loop. It is checking my password since putting in a wrong one gets me to the wrong password screen but putting in the right one just loads the login screen again.

Neither is 100%, backing up and trying again will eventually load the right screen. Still more trouble than it's worth.

I don't have that problem in Firefox - in Firefox I get pages loaded from days ago. Can only fix it by clearing the history and revisiting.
Quote:I don't have that problem in Firefox - in Firefox I get pages loaded from days ago. Can only fix it by clearing the history and revisiting.

Yeah, I get this, but the fix of clearing the cache is only temporary. I'll end up with the same page from before I cleared the cache, posts on that page are from 8/24, even if I clear the cache today, I still get posts from the 24th.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.

I'm having the same problem.

At least on the old forums I could reply to threads and have some basic functionality. These new ones...

Hoping that someone has found out what's going on with this.

PS. I'm using Firefox.
I hate flags

"Then Honor System came out and I had b*$@& tattoo'd on my forehead and a "kick me" sign taped to my back." - Tiku

Stormscale: Treglies, UD Mage; Treggles, 49 Orc Shaman; Tregor, semi-un-retired Druid.

Terenas (all retired): 60 Druid; 60 Shaman. (Not very creative with my character selection, am I?!Wink

Not sure if you're still having these troubles, but I found a really good post on the EU forums that fixed my login woes:
http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?t...7003271&sid=1#0

Hope that helps, if you still need help that is.:)

Now if only I wasn't getting constant "Server is busy" errors and the forum search was working. (Interestingly, forum search is working on the EU forums, but not the US ones.)
I hate flags

"Then Honor System came out and I had b*$@& tattoo'd on my forehead and a "kick me" sign taped to my back." - Tiku

Stormscale: Treglies, UD Mage; Treggles, 49 Orc Shaman; Tregor, semi-un-retired Druid.

Terenas (all retired): 60 Druid; 60 Shaman. (Not very creative with my character selection, am I?!Wink
Quote:Not sure if you're still having these troubles, but I found a really good post on the EU forums that fixed my login woes:
http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?t...7003271&sid=1#0

Hope that helps, if you still need help that is.:)

Now if only I wasn't getting constant "Server is busy" errors and the forum search was working. (Interestingly, forum search is working on the EU forums, but not the US ones.)

Excellent find. Thanks!

Blizzard still has WoW forums? I thought they replaced all the forums with a series of artful pages reading "Server is busy, please try again" a few weeks ago!:rolleyes:

In all seriousness, I haven't been able to see the front page of any of the WoW forums in the last week--This wasn't initially a problem for me, the new forums were great at first, but their performance steadily degraded with time until I can't even use them, now. Perhaps as the forums fill up with threads, the db is chokes (more and more) on meeting access requests?
I posted the same question at the Emeritus site. Worked horribly last week "server busy" at least half the time when moving between forums. It has not worked all this week that I know of. I can not get to their forum pages at all now.

Regards,

Derek

I finally got to the www.worldofwarcraft.com front page (that I normally skip). They broke, took them down yesterday and tried all day to rebuild them on a new server. The data was corrupted and they were still trying to rebuild them at lunch time EST.
Bevock - 85 Paladin - Stormrage
525 Mining 525 Blacksmith